My Cats Are in Cone Collars and it is Hilarious

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
My cats just had their balls stolen from them (womyn call it 'fixing' them, heads up guys) and the veterenarian put collars on them to keep them from licking their empty nad sack.

Well, they, still being cats, run around the house like they dont actually have the collars on. They will make jumps for the counter and the cone will knock them back, make a running hop to their cat tree but the collar rejects them with a thud, etc.

I sat in my reclining Chair of Western Mastery and watched them make rolling dives and try to wrestle and it made me literally laugh out loud, especially when they try to scratch and only make noise on the collars.

My wife comes down and asks me what I am laughing so hard about and I tell her.

"Oh, my poor little boys!" she exclaims.

I simply laugh again, evoking a punch on the shoulder from her, which makes me laugh even harder.

I guess one shouldnt laugh at stupid kitten tricks while their Momma Bear is present.

My cats just had their balls stolen from them (womyn call it 'fixing' them, heads up guys) and the veterenarian put collars on them to keep them from licking their empty nad sack.

Well, they, still being cats, run around the house like they dont actually have the collars on. They will make jumps for the counter and the cone will knock them back, make a running hop to their cat tree but the collar rejects them with a thud, etc.

I sat in my reclining Chair of Western Mastery and watched them make rolling dives and try to wrestle and it made me literally laugh out loud, especially when they try to scratch and only make noise on the collars.

I simply laugh again, evoking a punch on the shoulder from her, which makes me laugh even harder.

I guess one shouldnt laugh at stupid kitten tricks while their Momma Bear is present.
Those cones are called Cones Of Shame, lol. Dogs hate them...I can imagine what cats feel!

Those cones are called Cones Of Shame, lol. Dogs hate them...I can imagine what cats feel!

It creates logistical issues.
IMG_0028.jpg

It creates logistical issues.
View attachment 401988
Dayum! That Shame Collar could pick up radio waves from outerspace!

I wouldn't laugh so hard if I were you. They'll probably kill you in your sleep tonight.

If you don't show up here tomorrow, we'll know what happened.

Last edited:
Hint: If your dog needs a cone of shame and you don't want to do it...put infant baby socks on their paws. They can't damage the site the cone is trying to protect. :)

My dogs would chew em off in five minutes.
And I assure you,socks or no socks they'd tear out stitches with ease.
They scratch hard as hell!!! Learned the hard way while scratching my Boxers neck and he decided I wasnt scratching hard enough for his taste.

I'll guess after doing some of those stupid things (like their unsuccessful jumps) they have that look of, "I meant to do that". Only an assumption. A few times when ours was younger he'd roll over while laying on the table not realizing there was no more table behind him.

I feed a stray cat that showed up at the house all skinny and rough about six months ago. I never took her to the vet or anything but I feed her every day and she is getting fat and friendly. She finds her own shelter outside and I don't treat her like a freaking toy created to amuse me.

Why don't you tie something to their tails? Then you could have a really good laugh.
A piece of Scotch tape on the paw always did it for me.
Yeah I put a piece of duct tape on my old cat that died recently, and he chased his tail for about ten minutes till it finally fell off.

Laser pointers are good for hours of entertainment too. I keep one handy for coaxing them out of my wife's closet.

I feed a stray cat that showed up at the house all skinny and rough about six months ago. I never took her to the vet or anything but I feed her every day and she is getting fat and friendly. She finds her own shelter outside and I don't treat her like a freaking toy created to amuse me.
that is true of all the dogs I had growing up. We tended to rent houses along the edge of the city, and dumped dogs would show up and we would feed them dinner scraps and they would chase off deer.

My wife thinks having a dog outside is cruel and inhumane, lol.

Forum List

Back