my A1C numbers

Well, yea. I mean candy is processed sugar, however, sugar is sugar. Fruit juice is full of natural sugar but it's not good for you because its FULL OF SUGAR. However, sugar itself is not terrible because your body transforms everything you eat into sugars that your body uses for energy.

That's why an "energy bar" is just a fancy candy bar. A snickers would do the same thing.
my favorite candy bar was whatchamacallit. :) Whatchamacallit (candy) - Wikipedia

I managed to bring down my A1C numbers every 6 months. i was at 6.1 and pre-diabetic and went down to 5.6 and no longer pre-diabetic. Pre-diabetes is between 5.7 and 6.4. I was able to accomplish this by diet only. I think the key is to drink only water and eat fruit. Cut out pop/soda, candy, sweets, and dessert. You can eat other things, like meat and pasta. And do not eat nuts of any kind. Nuts are bad for your health.
Good for you. A change of lifestyle might help us all live longer, and it absolutely helps us feel better and be less susceptible to ugly illnesses and conditions as we age.

Less red meat, more fish, cut out processed foods as much as reasonable, increase intake of fruit and veggies and whole grains--go for a variety--your dinner plate should be rich with color. Cut way down on salt and refined sugar--if you have a sweet tooth use stevia or raw honey. (Diabetics need to be careful with the honey of course.) Use more healthy herbs and spices for seasonings.

Nuts, especially raw almonds and walnuts, are very good for us and, among other things, are recommended as a safeguard against certain cancers and for heart health.

And every once in awhile if you've been good and taken care of yourself, you can indulge in a small guilty pleasure.

Good for you. A change of lifestyle might help us all live longer, and it absolutely helps us feel better and be less susceptible to ugly illnesses and conditions as we age.

Less red meat, more fish, cut out processed foods as much as reasonable, increase intake of fruit and veggies and whole grains--go for a variety--your dinner plate should be rich with color. Cut way down on salt and refined sugar--if you have a sweet tooth use stevia or raw honey. (Diabetics need to be careful with the honey of course.) Use more healthy herbs and spices for seasonings.

Nuts, especially raw almonds and walnuts, are very good for us and, among other things, are recommended as a safeguard against certain cancers and for heart health.

And every once in awhile if you've been good and taken care of yourself, you can indulge in a small guilty pleasure.
i wish i could have a whatchamacallit candy bar. those were my favorite. WHATCHAMACALLIT

You can but not every day. But one in awhile as a guilty pleasure won't hurt you if your AIC is staying naturally within healthy limits.
I highly recommend trying the whatchamacallit candy bar. it tastes the best. :)

I highly recommend trying the whatchamacallit candy bar. it tastes the best. :)
I am one of those who has to abstain from some things because I have no will power. And I usually can't stop at just one so I don't allow myself to even start other than once in a blue moon. I sure envy those who can though.

I am one of those who has to abstain from some things because I have no will power. And I usually can't stop at just one so I don't allow myself to even start other than once in a blue moon. I sure envy those who can though.
the same with me with candy. i used to eat a ton of candy. then i found out i was pre-diabetic and i stopped eating all candy. i changed my eating habits and got my A1C number down from 6.1 to 5.6.

Yes.

Pepitas are the green seeds, for those who might not know. There some Mexican brands, but I don't know their names or if they're actually Mexican or not, and Austria exports some; they come from an Austrian pumpkin breed originally, and became a staple in Mexico.

Paying attention to kidney function is advisable as well, also liver function, as A1C numbers don't tell the whole story.
i forgot to mention that all my other numbers are normal. That is from my blood tests and urine tests.

i forgot to mention that all my other numbers are normal. That is from my blood tests and urine tests.
Every six months, i managed to bring my A1C number down. I see my primary care doctor and get a blood test every 6 months. I think anyone that is Pre-diabetic can bring their A1C number down like I did with diet.

I actually challenge the tests results when they come back so low...but the last two have been 5.6....i am on metformin and hbp meds...i have been a diabetic since 2014...

Forum List

Back