Muslim leader calling for D.C. anti-ISIS rally: Kudos for Imam Talal Eid

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
This is a very brave step for such a prominent Imam to take this stand in such a public way. And he's moving on talking with other leaders to plan this March. I hope many others will stand with him.

"The founder of the Islamic Institute of Boston says now is the time for Muslims to plan a massive march on the nation’s capital to denounce the escalating terror attacks — a springtime demonstration to deliver a simple message to extremists: “Go to Hell.”

Imam Talal Eid, founder of the Boston center, told the Herald he has reached out to Muslim leaders throughout the United States to start planning for a march on Washington, D.C.

“I would carry the largest banner ever saying: Not in my name. Go to Hell,” he said. “Muslim scholars need to say anyone who participates in such killings, the Islamic centers will not provide any burial services. We Muslims need to be clear as Muslims.”

Eid, a graduate of Harvard Divinity School who was born in Lebanon, said the message from a united Muslim community needs to be clear: “This shooting of innocent people cannot be accepted.”

Eid said the slaughter of 14 in San Bernardino, Calif., this past week and 130 in Paris last month is calling out for a response.

“Things are escalating. Paris, Tunisia, Lebanon, the United States. What are we waiting for?” added Eid, who recently left the Bay State to lead a Muslim center in Toledo."

092714imam01.jpg

MAKING A STAND: Imam Talal Eid, founder of the Islamic Center of Boston, has strong words for Islamic extremists, telling the Herald that the recent terror attacks in Paris and California are ‘not in my name.’ Eid is calling on Muslim leaders from around the country to march on Washington, D.C., in protest of the killings.

More at link:

Muslim leader calling for D.C. anti-ISIS rally

This is a very brave step for such a prominent Imam to take this stand in such a public way. And he's moving on talking with other leaders to plan this March. I hope many others will stand with him.

"The founder of the Islamic Institute of Boston says now is the time for Muslims to plan a massive march on the nation’s capital to denounce the escalating terror attacks — a springtime demonstration to deliver a simple message to extremists: “Go to Hell.”

Imam Talal Eid, founder of the Boston center, told the Herald he has reached out to Muslim leaders throughout the United States to start planning for a march on Washington, D.C.

“I would carry the largest banner ever saying: Not in my name. Go to Hell,” he said. “Muslim scholars need to say anyone who participates in such killings, the Islamic centers will not provide any burial services. We Muslims need to be clear as Muslims.”

Eid, a graduate of Harvard Divinity School who was born in Lebanon, said the message from a united Muslim community needs to be clear: “This shooting of innocent people cannot be accepted.”

Eid said the slaughter of 14 in San Bernardino, Calif., this past week and 130 in Paris last month is calling out for a response.

“Things are escalating. Paris, Tunisia, Lebanon, the United States. What are we waiting for?” added Eid, who recently left the Bay State to lead a Muslim center in Toledo."

092714imam01.jpg

MAKING A STAND: Imam Talal Eid, founder of the Islamic Center of Boston, has strong words for Islamic extremists, telling the Herald that the recent terror attacks in Paris and California are ‘not in my name.’ Eid is calling on Muslim leaders from around the country to march on Washington, D.C., in protest of the killings.

More at link:

Muslim leader calling for D.C. anti-ISIS rally

not all that "BRAVE" Being a musiim who is "ANTI ISIS" or being a muslim who is "ANTI SHIITE" or being a muslim who is "ANTI SUNNI" or being a
a muslim from this country and being a muslim from that country and being a
muslim who is "ANTI-THIS COUNTRY" or "ANTI-THAT COUNTRY" is no
big deal at all. Muslims are very tribal--------they hate each other FREELY.
My intro to his phenomenon startled me. I was amazed at how
OPENLY new comers to the USA from Iran (way back in the late sixties)
expressed their HATRED for muslims from arab countries or from Pakistan--etc.
OPENED hatred between muslims seems PAR FOR THE COURSE. I got to be privy to all of it--------I am short----dark haired and------simply non-threatening. The
issue that intrigued me was how QUICKLY muslims KNEW whom to hate----
I could not tell the difference------at the outset I did not even know Shiite from
sunni

His mosque is located close to Wayland, Mass.......been there for prayers several times ......has a very educated and progressive membership. (doctors, lawyers, real estate investors, university professors, etc.)

Unfortunately, it's located out in the middle of nowhere.

Because none of the surrounding towns would issue a permit to build a mosque within their city limits. ...... :cool:

icbwidespring.jpg

Last edited:
Muslim leaders have been publicly criticizing radical terrorists for a long time now. Fox News and all the usual suspects have just chosen not to tell you that, and then ask, "How come no Muslims are speaking out?"

So this is not "long overdue". It has been going on for a while. It's long overdue for the rubes to notice.

His mosque is located close to Wayland, Mass.......been there for prayers many times ......has a very educated and progressive membership. (doctors, lawyers, real estate investors, university professors, etc.)

Because none of the surrounding towns would issue a permit to build a mosque within their city limits. ...... :cool:

icbwidespring.jpg

do you not believe that towns have the right to deny a building permit?.
My town denies building permits all the time

His mosque is located close to Wayland, Mass.......been there for prayers many times ......has a very educated and progressive membership. (doctors, lawyers, real estate investors, university professors, etc.)

icbwidespring.jpg

Well, your town can't deny a permit because it doesn't want a mosque.

I agree with G5000 that this isn't really news, and I think the muslim community here is not hiding domestic terrorists .. quite the opposite. But we do need American muslims, and all Americans to demand, that our government take the unpleasant international steps to eradicate economic support for Wahhabism

How Saudi Wahhabism Is the Fountainhead of Islamist Terrorism

The vast maj of American muslims want to avoid theocracy. Obama talks a nice game, but he's pretty ineffective in supporting them.

Muslim leaders have been publicly criticizing radical terrorists for a long time now. Fox News and all the usual suspects have just chosen not to tell you that, and then ask, "How come no Muslims are speaking out?"

So this is not "long overdue". It has been going on for a while. It's long overdue for the rubes to notice.
I remember one form West Virginia(I think) that spoke out against IS. I went to research him and found out he support HAMAS and a worldwide Islamic caliphate.. JS

icbwidespring.jpg

If the reason is valid. Was theirs?

icbwidespring.jpg

I agree with G5000 that this isn't really news, and I think the muslim community here is not hiding domestic terrorists .. quite the opposite. But we do need American muslims, and all Americans to demand, that our government take the unpleasant international steps to eradicate economic support for Wahhabism

The vast maj of American muslims want to avoid theocracy. Obama talks a nice game, but he's pretty ineffective in supporting them.

Towns can DENY permits for whatever reason seems "legal" -----it does not
take much of a "reason" -----any reason will do. Your statement "VAST MAJORITY OF MUSLIMS WANT TO AVOID THEOCRACY-----leads me to the
conclusion that you do not know many muslims. The US does not provide economic support to SAUDI WAHHABISM-------some of the most "wahhabic" type
muslims I have known have been from Pakistan (just like your pal TASHFEEN MALIK) The one Saudi I knew well enough for candid discussion was not at
all WAHHABIC

As soon as he finishes the protest dont worry, that same group will be there to say that no Muslims oppose ISIS and suspect the same dude as a terrorist again.

Its not rational because fear isnt rational

icbwidespring.jpg

If the reason is valid. Was theirs?

It is very easy to come up with a VALID reason------just "well----the people nearby---in nearby houses ----do not want the increased traffic" Uhm...... "the
people nearby do not want that NAMAZ thing blasting out thru the day' really---
it just takes a bit of a consensus of objection and its a GONER

icbwidespring.jpg

Towns can DENY permits for whatever reason seems "legal" -----it does not
take much of a "reason" -----any reason will do. Your statement "VAST MAJORITY OF MUSLIMS WANT TO AVOID THEOCRACY-----leads me to the
conclusion that you do not know many muslims. The US does not provide economic support to SAUDI WAHHABISM-------some of the most "wahhabic" type
muslims I have known have been from Pakistan (just like your pal TASHFEEN MALIK) The one Saudi I knew well enough for candid discussion was not at
all WAHHABIC
No municipality can deny a permit to build a mosque simply because it doesn't want a mosque.

The US has not told the Saudis to cease and desist funding the international expansion of Wahhabism. The Saudi govt supports it, and it allows its citizens to use their money to promote it. The vast maj of American muslims don't want Wahhabism anymore thatn you or I do.

Forum List

Back