Muslim. Islam.

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Ok. Same question as the Mormon one. Were you raised/born into that faith or did you swap what you used to believe and now am a Muslim. And is there a difference between being a Muslim and Islamic beliefs? What made you change your faith from whatever it was, to being muslim? I ask this question because Baptists don't go along with Episcopals, Catholic vs LDS, etc etc etc. Same God..just different pathways. I think?
Sunni Man might be able to help in this one.

Ok. Same question as the Mormon one. Were you raised/born into that faith or did you swap what you used to believe and now am a Muslim. And is there a difference between being a Muslim and Islamic beliefs? What made you change your faith from whatever it was, to being muslim? I ask this question because Baptists don't go along with Episcopals, Catholic vs LDS, etc etc etc. Same God..just different pathways. I think?
While i was in Saudi Arabia back in the 1990s i got to see both western educated Muslims and at home raised educated Muslims. Ali Ashban had gone to NC university, married his Greek Wife, invited me to play tennis and after that had a beer as we talked in his home. Now his brother who never got out of the country, hated all infidels.. Some Muslims have taken the oath of reformation, some havent.

MUSLIM REFORM MOVEMENT | A Global Coalition of Muslim Reformers

Those that havent, see picture below
liberals-defend-islam.jpg

I ask this question because Baptists don't go along with Episcopals, Catholic vs LDS, etc etc etc. Same God..just different pathways. I think?

Hey I grew up Catholic and I never had a problem getting along with LSD.

Last edited:
I don't know. Having been born a Catholic, my spiritual places to go have been Episcopalian, Society of Friends, (Quaker), and Unitarian, within Christianity. I realize that this requires a re-think about the role of Jesus, but I am thinking that being a Jew of the reformed and modern sect might be the best idea. They seem to be the closest to wisdom and love of humanity. This is just a thought, but we have to get closer to wisdom and our love of humanity. Who knows? I think that Buddhism might be similarly blessed.

To answer your question, a Muslim is a person who has accepted the religion of Islam as his faith. ... :cool:
As for me, I was born and raised a Catholic. In my early 20's I married a girl who was a Baptist and started attending her church, and even taught sunday school as I got older. I read the entire Bible many times, and after studying the Old Testament came to the conclusion that Jesus wasn't God or divine, although he was a prophet. That the laws of the Jewish prophets like Moses and Abraham were never rescinded like the Christian church teaches in the New Testament.
One day I was at a bookstore and happened to pick up a copy of the Quran and began to read it. It talked about the Jewish prophets Moses, Abraham, Adam, Jesus, Noah, Job, and many others. It held them all in high regard and instructed Muslims to follow all the laws of the prophets, including the dietary laws not to consume pork. (basically the same laws the Jews are supposed to follow)
There was an Islamic Mosque down the road from where I lived. So I went there and talked to the Imam and various Muslim people for several weeks, asking tons of questions about the religion. Eventually accepting Islam and becoming a Muslim, about 20 years ago.

Last edited:
While i was in Saudi Arabia back in the 1990s i got to see both western educated Muslims and at home raised educated Muslims. Ali Ashban had gone to NC university, married his Greek Wife, invited me to play tennis and after that had a beer as we talked in his home. Now his brother who never got out of the country, hated all infidels.. Some Muslims have taken the oath of reformation, some havent.

View attachment 419733
I REALLY like that Q-Tip costume that the guy on the left is wearing. Halloween time???

View attachment 419733
I REALLY like that Q-Tip costume that the guy on the left is wearing. Halloween time???
If you come in my threads asking religious questions only to be insulting, GET OUT. I won't say it twice to the same person.

To answer your question, a Muslim is a person who has accepted the religion of Islam as his faith. ... :cool:
As for me, I was born and raised a Catholic. In my early 20's I married a girl who was a Baptist and started attending her church, and even taught sunday school as I got older. I read the entire Bible many times, and after studying the Old Testament came to the conclusion that Jesus wasn't God or divine, although he was a prophet. That the laws of the Jewish prophets like Moses and Abraham were never rescinded like the Christian church teaches in the New Testament.
One day I was at a bookstore and happened to pick up a copy of the Quran and began to read it. It talked about the Jewish prophets Moses, Abraham, Adam, Jesus, Noah, Job, and many others. It held them all in high regard and instructed Muslims to follow all the laws of the prophets, including the dietary laws not to consume pork. (basically the same laws the Jews are supposed to follow)
There was an Islamic Mosque down the road from where I lived. So I went there and talked to the Imam and various Muslim people for several weeks, asking tons of questions about the religion. Eventually accepting Islam and becoming a Muslim, about 20 years ago.
I asked a lot of ex-patriot children what they thought about living in Saudi Arabia, many had been there all their lives, and they said, it didnt bother them, because they got to go back to the United States once in a while. But when they did visit, they would have culture shock, because in the United States, kids could hold hands, go into movie theaters, sit next to each other at McDonalds, while in Saudi Arabia, you didnt touch the person of opposite sex, unless you were married to him/her, movies were censored so a 90 minute love story only was 10 mintues long, because all references to sex was cut out, McDonalds and other restaurants had men side only and family side only, if a single man was in the married side, the religious police would arrest him and take him to jail...Their jails arent as nice as ours, and they dont have repeat offenders...

So you’re a white guy, lolz.

Forum List

Back