Music for Elephants

Coyote

Varmint
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 17, 2009
Canis Latrans
Not sure WHERE exactly to post this...but the more I understand non human animals, the more I appreciate them...they are God's children, as much as any human.

Elephants are special...with life span, and imo intelligence, equivalent to humanity without our conceit...they seem to appreciate music.

And here is a musician who will play.... :)

Here is another...a man playing a native (bass) flute to horses..look how they react...

Not sure WHERE exactly to post this...but the more I understand non human animals, the more I appreciate them...they are God's children, as much as any human.

Elephants are special...with life span, and imo intelligence, equivalent to humanity without our conceit...they seem to appreciate music.

A flute or banjo would be easier to carry down the jungle trails
than a piano.:icon_sjung:

An old bull elephant...almost blind, appreciates Beethoven....:)

A flute or banjo would be easier to carry down the jungle trails
than a piano.:icon_sjung:

There is that! :lol:

This is at an elephant sanctuary I think :)

Funny!!!!

Just last night I heard a guy on the radio do a half-hour segment on music concerning elephants.

It stated out with "Over and Over Again" from the play/film "JUMBO".
Then there was a short segment about a buy who had a piano airdropped into a jungle to play for a herd of elephants (apparently not the same one in the post above). Then "Baby Elephant Walk. Then a chorus of about 40 women who did a sort of safari to sing to several herds.
Cute part was this song:

The song that has links to EMT/CPR training. I learned that if you're having a heart attack and the EMT is humming the song he/she is NOT nuts.....just very well trained.....so lay back and enjoy it!

That brought to mind a collection of miniature elephants my mother had and some elephant bells she got somewhere and one of which I just found in a kitchen drawer.

Funny!!!!

Just last night I heard a guy on the radio do a half-hour segment on music concerning elephants.

Then there was a short segment about a buy who had a piano airdropped into a jungle to play for a herd of elephants (apparently not the same one in the post above). Then "Baby Elephant Walk. Then a chorus of about 40 women who did a sort of safari to sing to several herds.
Cute part was this song:

The song that has links to EMT/CPR training. I learned that if you're having a heart attack and the EMT is humming the song he/she is NOT nuts.....just very well trained.....so lay back and enjoy it!

That brought to mind a collection of miniature elephants my mother had and some elephant bells she got somewhere and one of which I just found in a kitchen drawer.

I love that! What fun...thanks for posting it :)

I would so love to meet real elephants in a sanctuary someday...not likely to happen in WV, but maybe someday :)

Here is another...a man playing a native (bass) flute to horses..look how they react...

It's hard to tell if that horse is nuzzling up to the flute because he thinks it might be food (it's in the player's mouth) but I know I can't play a recorder or tinwhistle in the house because it freaks my cat completely the fuck out.

It's hard to tell if that horse is nuzzling up to the flute because he thinks it might be food (it's in the player's mouth) but I know I can't play a recorder or tinwhistle in the house because it freaks my cat completely the fuck out.

:lol:

Maybe cats don't appreciate our musical talents as much as other species ;)

Funny!!!!

Cute part was this song:

I love that! What fun...thanks for posting it :)

I would so love to meet real elephants in a sanctuary someday...not likely to happen in WV, but maybe someday :)

Fun fact: that record was produced by George Martin, who six years later would sign the Beatles. Big hit in Britain, 1956.

Last edited:

Hm --- I suspect it has more to do with PAIN....

Hm --- I suspect it has more to do with PAIN....

Let's be real here (speaking as a fellow cat owner) - do you think cats would ever admit they liked music? :lol:

Fav animal is ELEPHANTS!!! Love it, so thanks!

Forum List

Back