Murkowski surrenders (sort of): "I may not be re-elected", she told the New York Times about the possible end of her 20-year Senate career

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
we accept your surrender, Lisa. cry me a river!

while there is now no Democrat going up against Murkowski in the race, it is not clear whether she can attract enough support from liberal voters to offset the conservatives who have been alienated by her stance against Trump. Many liberals have been angered by Ms. Murkowski’s opposition to sweeping climate change policies, as well as her support in 2017 for the $1.5 trillion Republican tax law that also allowed drilling in ANWR

Last edited:
Her first shot at pimping for The Democrat party came not through election.

It came when Ted Stevens had to be replaced and then Governor (formerly Senator) FRANK Murkowski) started doing the mental gymnastics that since have been adopted by folks like Xiden. He appointed his out-of-work Darling Little (Princess) Daughter.

She has fooled a majority of the voters most of the time since then though last time it was a very close call.

Fear for Lease-A if she loses. She has a great liberal indoctrination but questionable whether any marketable skills.

we accept your surrender, Lisa. cry me a river!

Why shouldn't she just run as an indept in a general election? I'm not a fan of the lady senator from Ariz, but that's more because I think she's maybe in it for herself. But generally, the fewer people we have who represent either Trump or the progressives, the better off we are, imo.

Her first shot at pimping for The Democrat party came not through election.

It came when Ted Stevens had to be replaced and then Governor (formerly Senator) FRANK Murkowski) started doing the mental gymnastics that since have been adopted by folks like Xiden. He appointed his out-of-work Darling Little (Princess) Daughter.

She has fooled a majority of the voters most of the time since then though last time it was a very close call.

Fear for Lease-A if she loses. She has a great liberal indoctrination but questionable whether any marketable skills.
I don't know how she's a liberal? She didn't vote to repeal Obamacare without an alternative.

• Banned
from the NYT puff piece:

Of the seven Senate Republicans who voted to convict Mr. Trump last year, Ms. Murkowski is the only one facing voters this year. She has not shied away from that distinction; she speaks openly of her disdain for Mr. Trump and his influence on her party. She has also supported Deb Haaland, Mr. Biden’s interior secretary and the first Native American to serve in the post, and boasted of her lead role in negotiating the infrastructure law.

It has made for some unpleasant moments, she and her family say.

“On one hand, had she chosen not to run, I would have been completely supportive because it’s just been like, ‘Damn girl, this has been a long haul,’” said Anne Gore, Ms. Murkowski’s cousin. “But on the other hand, you’re like, ‘Oh, sweet mother of Jesus, God on a bicycle — thank God you’re running’ because, you know, we can’t lose any more moderates.”

Why shouldn't she just run as an indept in a general election? I'm not a fan of the lady senator from Ariz, but that's more because I think she's maybe in it for herself. But generally, the fewer people we have who represent either Trump or the progressives, the better off we are, imo.
Murkowski is a Senator from Alaska.

She ran from the center last time and won

Murkowski knows Alaskan politics
More than Palin does

Forum List

Back