Rep. Mayra Flores fights back against racist hit piece in New York Times

marvin martian

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2020
Texas Hill Country
The blatant racism of the left was on display again after the New York Times published a racist hit piece on Flores and two other Hispanic women representing South Texas.

This is how the left treats the first Mexican-born woman EVER elected to Congress.

Good on Flores for not letting that kind of racist libel go unanswered!

Rep. Mayra Flores (R-TX) slammed the New York Times after an article from the publication labeled her and fellow Texas Republican Congressional candidates Monica De La Cruz and Cassy Garcia “far right” Latinas.

Flores won the special election in the 34th Congressional District on June 14, flipping the Democrat seat in the densely Hispanic district by running on a platform of core conservative values, indicating a turning tide among Hispanic voters away from the Democrat party. The victory made her “the first Republican to represent the Rio Grande Valley in roughly 150 years,” Breitbart News previously reported.

In a Wednesday article titled “The Rise of the Far-Right Latina” New York Times politics reporter Jennifer Medina wrote of Flores in addition to De La Cruz and Garcia, who are nominees in the 15th and the 28th Congressional Districts, respectively. The subheading in the piece states that “Flores is one of three Republican Latinas vying to transform South Texas politics by shunning moderates and often embracing the extreme.”

“But what is most striking is that Ms. Flores won by shunning moderates, embracing the far right and wearing her support for Donald J. Trump on her sleeve — more Marjorie Taylor Greene than Kay Bailey Hutchison,” Medina writes later in the piece.

Flores, the first Mexican-born woman to hold a seat in the House of Representatives, fired back at the publication and the left-wing media in general. In a statement to Fox News Digital she said:
I was born in Burgos, Tamaulipas, Mexico, and raised with strong Conservative values to always put God and Family first. I have received only hate from the liberal media and constantly [been] told by the left to [sic] back to Mexico. They don’t support us immigrants, they only use us for political power and don’t care about our well-being. I am here now and I won’t allow them to continue taking advantage of my people. The NYT knows nothing about me or our culture. Somos gente de Dios, Familia y Travajo [We are people of God, Family and Work], Si Señor!
Garcia, who is squaring off against Rep. Henry Cuellar (D-TX) in the 28th Congressional District, retweeted a picture of the headline and stated that when the “Radical Left” targets her “for [her] faith and supporting school choice,” they are also “attacking millions of Hispanic families and [her] community.”
“I will never stop fighting for our values,” she added.

The blatant racism of the left was on display again after the New York Times published a racist hit piece on Flores and two other Hispanic women representing South Texas.

This is how the left treats the first Mexican-born woman EVER elected to Congress.

Good on Flores for not letting that kind of racist libel go unanswered!

Rep. Mayra Flores (R-TX) slammed the New York Times after an article from the publication labeled her and fellow Texas Republican Congressional candidates Monica De La Cruz and Cassy Garcia “far right” Latinas.

Flores won the special election in the 34th Congressional District on June 14, flipping the Democrat seat in the densely Hispanic district by running on a platform of core conservative values, indicating a turning tide among Hispanic voters away from the Democrat party. The victory made her “the first Republican to represent the Rio Grande Valley in roughly 150 years,” Breitbart News previously reported.

In a Wednesday article titled “The Rise of the Far-Right Latina” New York Times politics reporter Jennifer Medina wrote of Flores in addition to De La Cruz and Garcia, who are nominees in the 15th and the 28th Congressional Districts, respectively. The subheading in the piece states that “Flores is one of three Republican Latinas vying to transform South Texas politics by shunning moderates and often embracing the extreme.”

“But what is most striking is that Ms. Flores won by shunning moderates, embracing the far right and wearing her support for Donald J. Trump on her sleeve — more Marjorie Taylor Greene than Kay Bailey Hutchison,” Medina writes later in the piece.

Flores, the first Mexican-born woman to hold a seat in the House of Representatives, fired back at the publication and the left-wing media in general. In a statement to Fox News Digital she said:

Garcia, who is squaring off against Rep. Henry Cuellar (D-TX) in the 28th Congressional District, retweeted a picture of the headline and stated that when the “Radical Left” targets her “for [her] faith and supporting school choice,” they are also “attacking millions of Hispanic families and [her] community.”
“I will never stop fighting for our values,” she added.
When that is all you have....that is all you have

The blatant authoritarianism of the left has never been hidden.
If you refuse to bend the knee & fully endorse whatever false narrative they dangle to the ignorant masses, you are isolated, attacked, smeared with lies & then ruined if they are successful in gaslighting the sheeple.

It's especially egregious for the POC because they are expected to do as told. The soft racism of the progressives doesn't allow for capable minorities that can get along without the totalitarian collectivism the left is all about

her quote

I was born in Burgos, Tamaulipas, Mexico, and raised with strong Conservative values to always put God and Family first. I have received only hate from the liberal media and constantly [been] told by the left to [sic] back to Mexico. They don’t support us immigrants, they only use us for political power and don’t care about our well-being. I am here now and I won’t allow them to continue taking advantage of my people. The NYT knows nothing about me or our culture. Somos gente de Dios, Familia y Travajo [We are people of God, Family and Work], Si Señor!

From the Times article.......

Her campaign slogan — “God, family, country” — was meant to appeal to what she calls the “traditional values” of her majority-Hispanic district in the border city of Brownsville. She called for President Biden’s impeachment. She tweeted QAnon hashtags. And she called the Democratic Party the “greatest threat America faces.”

In an interview in her still-barren office the day after her swearing-in ceremony, Ms. Flores was asked whether she considered Mr. Biden the legitimately elected president. “He’s the worst president of the United States,” she said. When asked three more times whether Mr. Biden had been legitimately elected, she repeated the same nonanswer.

So........not a hit piece, a piece that is spot on. She's a lunatic.

Her campaign slogan — “God, family, country” — was meant to appeal to what she calls the “traditional values” of her majority-Hispanic district in the border city of Brownsville. She called for President Biden’s impeachment. She tweeted QAnon hashtags. And she called the Democratic Party the “greatest threat America faces.”

In an interview in her still-barren office the day after her swearing-in ceremony, Ms. Flores was asked whether she considered Mr. Biden the legitimately elected president. “He’s the worst president of the United States,” she said. When asked three more times whether Mr. Biden had been legitimately elected, she repeated the same nonanswer.

^^^Another lefty racist.

The blatant authoritarianism of the left has never been hidden.
If you refuse to bend the knee & fully endorse whatever false narrative they dangle to the ignorant masses, you are isolated, attacked, smeared with lies & then ruined

I'm waiting for the first leftist asshole to try that on me.

I will DESTROY that person - in public, in private, and probably physically too.

I'm tired of the BULLSHIT from the left

I'm ready to make it very, very personal

It's especially egregious for the POC because they are expected to do as told. The soft racism of the progressives doesn't allow for capable minorities that can get along without the totalitarian collectivism the left is all about

She's more aware of the damage done by Biden's border apathy than you are. This is true and why you think she's a lunatic. She has realized the results are damaging to Mexicans and Americans alike. She has good reason to call the Democrat party a threat

I perhaps shouldn't comment here without reading the OP, but I feel confident in at least saying that the racism sickness crosses all political lines or boundaries.
That can be a blanket statement that covers all accusations of racism IMHO.

She's more aware of the damage done by Biden's border apathy than you are. This is true and why you think she's a lunatic. She has realized the results are damaging to Mexicans and Americans alike. She has good reason to call the Democrat party a threat
The Democratic party IS a threat right now.

=> THE DNC PAID FOR RACIAL RIOTS

And right now they're trying to bring Stalinism to the table and make it part of our political process

These fuckers are EVIL. They need to go.

She's more aware of the damage done by Biden's border apathy than you are. This is true and why you think she's a lunatic.
I think she's a lunatic because.......
She called for President Biden’s impeachment. She tweeted QAnon hashtags. And she called the Democratic Party the “greatest threat America faces.”

America needs more lunatics like her in Congress.

No, she's spot on. There's no lunacy in refusing to give a hit piece ammunition by saying Quid Pro is illegitimate, because they would immediately drop everything else to focus only on that and the usual suspects would be out in force calling her a lunatic. The question has nothing to do with her candidacy or what she'll do in office, and by refocusing attention on Quid Pro's incompetence, she short circuits the gotcha attempt. Quite well done on her part.

I perhaps shouldn't comment here without reading the OP, but I feel confident in at least saying that the racism sickness crosses all political lines or boundaries.
That can be a blanket statement that covers all accusations of racism IMHO.
That is true.

Forum List

Back