Murder rate drops as Gun sales soar.

I am still curious about Rightwinger's question: Can you explain why we still have five times the murder rate of countries that don't have open gun ownership?

No one in the "pro-gun" lobby seems to answer it.
Can you explain why those cities that don't allow concealed gun have the most crime ie, chicagom,washington d.c.?

NYC has some of the strictest gun control laws in the nation and is also one of the safest of the larger cities in the nation.

And dont think we havent noticed your EPIC FAIL in answering the question you were asked. Unlike the gun nuts, liberals can defend themselves with facts. You obviously need a gun. Without one, you are defenseless.
Nyc is one of the safest cities? Based on what?

I am still curious about Rightwinger's question: Can you explain why we still have five times the murder rate of countries that don't have open gun ownership?

Can you explain why those cities that don't allow concealed gun have the most crime ie, chicagom,washington d.c.?

NYC has some of the strictest gun control laws in the nation and is also one of the safest of the larger cities in the nation.

And dont think we havent noticed your EPIC FAIL in answering the question you were asked. Unlike the gun nuts, liberals can defend themselves with facts. You obviously need a gun. Without one, you are defenseless.

The EPIC fail is all on your side, bub.

I'm reminded of a local news story a some years ago.

A very old woman in a wheel chair subdued a burglar with a relatively small caliber pistol. When asked by a reporter what she her plans were for the future, she responded "I'm going to get a bigger gun!"

Go granny!

Not necessarily true. All statistics show that guns are the leading source of murder in the US. There are no statistics that show if you remove guns from the equation their will be a corresponding increase in people pushed out windows.

Not all gun murders are conducted with unlicensed weapons. Most domestic murders are conducted with legal firearms

Ehhh... wrong answer...

Removal of guns from the law abiding citizenry does not remove the guns from the hands of the criminal element

Please back up your assertion with non-winger citation that most murders are committed with legal firearms by those legally owning them (yes... not legal firearms that were later stolen and used in crimes including murder)

Please back up with statistics showing no murders are conducted with legal firearms. legal firearms are the primary weapon in domestic murders.

I did not assert that no murders are committed with legal firearms.. .nice attempt at deflection.. please cite to back up your actual assertion

Actually hardly any murders are committed with "legal" handguns (whatever those are). Most crimes are committed with stolen guns, in the hands of felons.

Table 1--Preliminary Annual UCR

Since the end of the So called assault weapon ban murder rates have dropped steadily each year. Since 2008 as gun sales soared the murder rate dropped almost 10 percent.

According to the gun grabbers more guns equals more crime. Seems they need to explain that to the FBI as it compiles factual data on what is and is not happening in this Country crime wise.

More guns, less crime. Yep, that's a given.

BTW, I've got permission from my spousal unit to buy an assault rifle for Father's Day (if I can find one I like). Just imagine how much safer my neighborhood will be once I buy it!

Where did you learn about the devastating "I'm rubber, you're glue" defense???

Nice attempt at a correlation

Can you prove any connection between the two?

Can you show statistics of guns being used to prevent murders?
Can you show that improved police strategies, crackdowns on gangs and socioeconomic factors have not had more impact?
Can you explain why we still have five times the murder rate of countries that don't have open gun ownership?

Can you prove that guns cause any of that?

You are the one making the assertion that putting more assault rifles on the street has caused a drop in the murder rate........burden of proof is on you.

Now if you want me to hijack your thread and start posting data comparing the US murder rate to that of countries without open gun ownership, I will be happy to do so

I made no such claim, I stated that once the ban was lifted the murder rate has dropped. And dropped big time, while pointing out that the gun grabbers claim that more guns equals more crime. They are proven wrong. More guns has NOT resulted in more crime.

I'd like to offer, for your consideration, this excerpt from Wiki re: Kennesaw, GA

Gun law

In 1982 the city passed an ordinance [Sec 34-21][9]

(a) In order to provide for the emergency management of the city, and further in order to provide for and protect the safety, security and general welfare of the city and its inhabitants, every head of household residing in the city limits is required to maintain a firearm, together with ammunition therefore.

(b) Exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who suffer a physical or mental disability which would prohibit them from using such a firearm. Further exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who are paupers or who conscientiously oppose maintaining firearms as a result of beliefs or religious doctrine, or persons convicted of a felony.

And this story of Kennesaw celebrating 25 YEARS without a murder:

WorldNewsDaily

Sorry if WND doesn't suit, but the truth is the truth.

Last edited:
129173999771433423.jpg

Where did you learn about the devastating "I'm rubber, you're glue" defense???

It's the appropriate rhetoric given your inane comments.

Since the end of the So called assault weapon ban murder rates have dropped steadily each year. Since 2008 as gun sales soared the murder rate dropped almost 10 percent.

According to the gun grabbers more guns equals more crime. Seems they need to explain that to the FBI as it compiles factual data on what is and is not happening in this Country crime wise.

BTW, I've got permission from my spousal unit to buy an assault rifle for Father's Day (if I can find one I like). Just imagine how much safer my neighborhood will be once I buy it!

I would like to upgrade from the Bushmaster M4 Carbine, myself

I would like to upgrade from the Bushmaster M4 Carbine, myself

What's wrong with the Bushie?
You could go to an AR-10 platform but for shooting at the typical range .308 gets kind of expenssive. And as a home defense weapon I wouldnt consider 308 very good.

Easy we have 5 times the criminals. The bad part of it all is not criminals get shot.

And why do we have five times the criminals? One word: Drugs.

Drugs = job losses
Drugs = domestic violence
Drugs = robberies
Drugs = prostitution
Drugs = gangs
Drugs = addiction, and
Drugs = desperation for money to pay for it

You forgot an important one:

Drugs = criminal gangs

Actually we don't.
South Africa has many more guns in circulation than we do and their murder rate is many times ours.
Switzerland has gun laws similar to ours and their murder rate is miniscule.
Strip out urban black males ages 16 to 30 from crime stats and our crime rate looks about like anywhere in Western Europe.

But one point missed is this: if it is true that more guns lead to more crimes, why have rates declined over the last 2-3 years (plus) while gun sales have gone up? If the proposition is true then increased gun sales would end up with increased crimes as a result. And they haven't.

One reason gun sales have increased since 2008 is the fear the NRA has instilled that Obama plans to take all your guns away. While it isn't true, of course, the revolutionary wannabes are hoarding weapons in their private arsenals.

One reason gun sales have increased since 2008 is the fear the NRA has instilled that Obama plans to take all your guns away. While it isn't true, of course, the revolutionary wannabes are hoarding weapons in their private arsenals.

His own words raise the concern:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWajf5RkDJ8]Obama on Gun Control[/ame]

and the anti-gun treaty:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9X2VbhSH9o&feature=related]Anti-Gun Treaty[/ame]

His sneering comment regarding "clinging to guns" didn't help either.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back