MSNBC Host Snaps in Heated Segment: ‘What in the World Is Riskier Than Being a Poor P

If the founders had wanted to create a government that was fair, instead of one of opportunity, they would have provided for it. They did not. They created no welfare state. The term general welfare was the general welfare of the states, no one got a check every month. They didn't give government provided medical care or education. obama addressed the unfairness in the Constitution by saying it was fatally flawed. While the Bill of Rights says what the government may not do, there was no provision of what the government must do for you. That's what he intends to change.

What you don't seem to get is this:

When a vast majority of our country is working full time jobs and can barely afford to live in it....That DOES involve the General Welfare of the country. When Health insurance for a family costs on average of $12k/year....THAT effects the General Welfare of the Country. When millions of family sustaining jobs get outsourced and those people are forced into shitty jobs with little to no benefits....THAT effects the General Welfare of this country. When the people who made a fortune outsourcing those jobs turn around and invest those profits outside of the country, creating a double whammy back here at home, THAT effects the General Welfare of this country.

Use your heads people.

I'll agree and add...

it's not just greed at the top.

there are too many people riding in the cart.More need to help pull the cart.

the woking class is getting a royal hosing.

Why worry about another country when we have plenty of problems here in this country that was brought on by the 1% elite, BUT being blamed on the poor and middle class?

How did the 1% elite make you poor? You do realize that without that 1%, you would be poorer, don't you?

It's called hoarding. Heck they even made "un-reality sitcoms" out of hoarding.

How's that? Please explain! How exactly did those who became rich become rich? Selling junk? Selling scams...er....services? Inheritance!?!

Do you actually believe there is a finite amount of wealth? Wealth is the intrinsic value of tangible assets. Take a pile of steel, plastic and rubber worth $500 and build a car, and you've created more wealth. It happens every day and the people who create a product get "wealthy".
I see you have a Ford truck. I figure you traded some money you or someone else earned for it. Your truck is wealth, ergo, you are wealthy. Now give 40% of it to me, you greedy SOB.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAGH

dear idiot voting does just that.

If there are more people in one class than another that class gets the majority of representation.

That is how it is designed
You're forgetting about that pesky Constitution, as usual. Gets in your way all the time, doesn't it?

Actually, when i consider your posts overall, YOU are the one who has forgotten about the Constitution.

Examples?

By the way. Thanks. I had forgotten about the couple hundred copies of the Constitution I carry around in my truck. I haven't read one in over a month.

How did the 1% elite make you poor? You do realize that without that 1%, you would be poorer, don't you?

How's that? Please explain! How exactly did those who became rich become rich? Selling junk? Selling scams...er....services? Inheritance!?!

Do you actually believe there is a finite amount of wealth? Wealth is the intrinsic value of tangible assets. Take a pile of steel, plastic and rubber worth $500 and build a car, and you've created more wealth. It happens every day and the people who create a product get "wealthy".
I see you have a Ford truck. I figure you traded some money you or someone else earned for it. Your truck is wealth, ergo, you are wealthy. Now give 40% of it to me, you greedy SOB.

None of that matters when the game is rigged by those with more than they will ever need, AND they (1% MINORITY) collectively own what was once "We The People's" gov.

Is there a point to this? You don't think it is risky being poor in America I guess? Then why in the hell are so many guns needed? Why are all those people dead in Chicago? Why is Newark so dangerous?

What are you trying to say?

Guns don' t kill middle class people?

Ask yourself, where would you rather be poor.

Canada, France, UK, Sweden just to name a few. if you are truly poor in the united states you might as well live in a 3rd world country.

If the founders had wanted to create a government that was fair, instead of one of opportunity, they would have provided for it. They did not. They created no welfare state. The term general welfare was the general welfare of the states, no one got a check every month. They didn't give government provided medical care or education. obama addressed the unfairness in the Constitution by saying it was fatally flawed. While the Bill of Rights says what the government may not do, there was no provision of what the government must do for you. That's what he intends to change.

Generally we use the Declaration as to why the present day America was created, and we use the Constitution as the means to carry out the reasons for that creation. If that's true, what is the purpose of this country? Were the people a consideration in both documents?
America has always had welfare, how it was carried out changed with time and circumstances, but welfare was there.
The framers gave us a loose document, the Constitution, to use within its framework. The framers also knew that things change with time and so the nation would change; they created a document that we could change by interpretaton and amendments, and we have changed it hundreds if not thousands of times.

Call it what you will but it still accounts for a poll tax on those with very little means to begin with. Read my sig below, that is my belief not just a slogan!

btw thanks for the thumbs down on my rep - again:badgrin: Big whoop!
It's not a poll tax. ID is required for just about any interaction a person might have with government, the financial industry, health care, or travel. What is so damned difficult to find that same ID card you used to sign up for welfare and go to the bank to cash it and carry it with you to the polls?

And your very welcome for the neg rep. You deserved it. (and likely will again soon)

It is a poll tax!! Where does it state in the Constitution one needs an ID to vote?

Again big whoop on the rep crap. I could care less, and it won't stop me from posting truth and facts.

Where does it say in the Constitution that I must carry an ID to possess a concealed weapon?
Would you want a potentially mentally unstable, violent felon to carry a concealed weapon without being able to prove he had met the qualifications?

You're forgetting about that pesky Constitution, as usual. Gets in your way all the time, doesn't it?

Actually, when i consider your posts overall, YOU are the one who has forgotten about the Constitution.

Examples?

By the way. Thanks. I had forgotten about the couple hundred copies of the Constitution I carry around in my truck. I haven't read one in over a month.

What is a democracy to you? One where you and people who view things more in line with your beliefs should rule, OR one where there are two or more party's/philosophy's that need to meet in the middle i.e. compromise?

It's not a poll tax. ID is required for just about any interaction a person might have with government, the financial industry, health care, or travel. What is so damned difficult to find that same ID card you used to sign up for welfare and go to the bank to cash it and carry it with you to the polls?

And your very welcome for the neg rep. You deserved it. (and likely will again soon)

It is a poll tax!! Where does it state in the Constitution one needs an ID to vote?

Again big whoop on the rep crap. I could care less, and it won't stop me from posting truth and facts.

Where does it say in the Constitution that I must carry an ID to possess a concealed weapon?
Would you want a potentially mentally unstable, violent felon to carry a concealed weapon without being able to prove he had met the qualifications?

I can go to several con run states and purchase unlimited guns at any flea market and not show one id let alone a foid.

When a vast majority of our country is working full time jobs and can barely afford to live in it....That DOES involve the General Welfare of the country. When Health insurance for a family costs on average of $12k/year....THAT effects the General Welfare of the Country. When millions of family sustaining jobs get outsourced and those people are forced into shitty jobs with little to no benefits....THAT effects the General Welfare of this country. When the people who made a fortune outsourcing those jobs turn around and invest those profits outside of the country, creating a double whammy back here at home, THAT effects the General Welfare of this country.

Use your heads people.

Then you believe what obama says is reasonable. There should be a bill of rights stipulating what the government must do for you. But, there was no such thing at this country's founding. Companies move out of the country because they cannot exist in this country mostly because government regulations make existence in this country impossible or prohibitively expensive. Because unions have been vampires and drained the company dry.

Life is not fair. It is not up to the government to adjust everyone's life to make it fair. Fairness and freedom are mutually exclusive.

Use your heads people.

Life is not fair. It is not up to the government to adjust everyone's life to make it fair. Fairness and freedom are mutually exclusive.

Oh but it is! Thing is this gov we've had since Reagan, maybe before, is run by a minority 1%, of course you....or.....they think that.:badgrin:

None of that matters when the game is rigged by those with more than they will ever need, AND they (1% MINORITY) collectively own what was once "We The People's" gov.
How does the 1% own the government? Yes they spend money to influence people to vote in a way that would benefit them, but are you so unsure of your politics that you might be influenced by a campaign ad?
In the end, the wealthy 1% only have one vote each, while the 47% of people who pay no income tax have a great financial advantage to ignore the message of the wealthy. I guess you're saying you are easily swayed by a flashy ad campaign?

Examples?

What is a democracy to you? One where you and people who view things more in line with your beliefs should rule, OR one where there are two or more party's/philosophy's that need to meet in the middle i.e. compromise?

Compromising with a Liberal???

Example:
Liberal walks up to a Conservative and says, " I'm going to shoot you in the head."

Conservative says, "I'd prefer you don't shoot me at all."

The Liberal stabs the Conservative in the heart.

How does the 1% own the government? Yes they spend money to influence people to vote in a way that would benefit them, but are you so unsure of your politics that you might be influenced by a campaign ad?
In the end, the wealthy 1% only have one vote each, while the 47% of people who pay no income tax have a great financial advantage to ignore the message of the wealthy. I guess you're saying you are easily swayed by a flashy ad campaign?

I just love how you conveniently changed the subject when cornered on the ID convo. Yup, people who are not being educated or don't have access to the internet or other means to research and check to see if the rich are lying, misleading, etc. with the millions they are spending behind the scenes to sway public opinion.

Please explain why the poor should pay one more tax if already POOR and/or making $10k/yr or less? After all, there is only one tax the poor don't pay and that is income tax on their measly income. They pay all the others. :confused:

Last edited:
Examples?

Example:
Liberal walks up to a Conservative and says, " I'm going to shoot you in the head."

Hilarious! Still didn't answer the big question.

I can go to several con run states and purchase unlimited guns at any flea market and not show one id let alone a foid.
Try answering my question, not dodging with irrelevant bullshit.
What happens if you are found to be carrying a concealed weapon without your state issued photo ID? Will you be allowed to continue carrying the weapon?

Try answering my question, not dodging with irrelevant bullshit.
What happens if you are found to be carrying a concealed weapon without your state issued photo ID? Will you be allowed to continue carrying the weapon?

Irrelevant? No, that is reality, you must be confused - again.:clap2:

What miniscule voter fraud is this bs designed to stop?:eusa_whistle:

Sorry, but your "IF" story doesn't cut it. If you want to be unreasonable, I'm surely allowed to do the same eh!?!

As long as were on the subject of felon's, what makes you and many so sure romney's not a tax evading felon? I'm still waiting to see the tax returns he's HIDING.

I just love how you conveniently changed the subject when cornered on the ID convo. Yup, people who are not being educated or don't have access to the internet or other means to research and check to see if the rich are lying, misleading, etc. with the millions they are spending behind the scenes to sway public opinion.

Please explain why the poor should pay one more tax if already POOR and/or making $10k/yr or less? After all, there is only one tax the poor don't pay and that is income tax on their measly income. They pay all the others. :confused:

What??? You changed the conversation to the 1%, you fool. (See the red text above)

Please explain why the rich should pay more.
Let's take a hypothetical poor family in say, NYC. They have 5 kids in public school at 12 grand each, rent and utility subsidies of $1,200/month, food stamps and WIC for another $500/month, Medicaid that paid for the birth of all the children plus any other care they might require. Lets call that another $500/month. What do we have there? Over 80 grand a year and they pay virtually nothing into the system, in fact they likely get Earned Income Tax Credits.
Now take a 60 year old guy with 2 grown children with good jobs. He makes 10 million a year. He has no children in the public school system, owns his own home, pays his own utilities, buys his own food and has a private medical insurance policy. He pays easily a quarter million/year to the tax man, but you think he's not paying enough?
See you in 47 hours, fool!

Example:

Hilarious! Still didn't answer the big question.

A democracy is mob rule. That is why we have a Constitutional Republic. Should I send you a copy of the Constitution so you can discuss it intelligently?

Forum List

Back