MSN Removes Comment Section On Articles

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
Today after finding this story:
Did Obama's DOJ let Russian lawyer into U.S.?

I looked for the comment section to inform them that 'Obama' doesn't have a DOJ! President Trump does! It looks like some people informed them of this fact and beat me to the punch line. What was MSN's response? They removed their comment section from their articles and then posted THIS announcement:

MSN has temporarily removed commenting on our websites while we explore better ways for you to engage in discussion on the issues you care about.
_________
MSN wants to engage in a discussion without your input. Are these people serious? Your thoughts appreciated! What do you think about this?

Too many people act like assholes in comment sections

They must think they are on USMB

I looked for the comment section to inform them that 'Obama' doesn't have a DOJ! President Trump does! It looks like some people informed them of this fact and beat me to the punch line. What was MSN's response? They removed their comment section from their articles and then posted THIS announcement:

MSN has temporarily removed commenting on our websites while we explore better ways for you to engage in discussion on the issues you care about.
_________
MSN wants to engage in a discussion without your input. Are these people serious? Your thoughts appreciated! What do you think about this?

Actually I've experienced way worse. Check this out ----

5050-1500043064-2a49f8f430c6fa294d9bc5f5557e968a.jpg

See the red section? That's CNS, banning me from commenting --- or anybody else that says something they don't want said. Meanwhile the rest of the comments --- the ones they like --- stay put, so as to create the impression the whole world agrees with them.

Tell me how dishonest THAT is.

_________

Actually I've experienced way worse. Check this out ----

5050-1500043064-2a49f8f430c6fa294d9bc5f5557e968a.jpg

See the red section? That's CNS, banning me from commenting --- or anybody else that says something they don't want said. Meanwhile the rest of the comments --- the ones they like --- stay put, so as to create the impression the whole world agrees with them.

Tell me how dishonest THAT is.
While I will agree with you that CNS shouldn't have banned you from their comment section I cannot agree with you that it is worse than MSN removing their entire comment section FROM ALL FUTURE ARTICLES! This is blatant censorship of the American people vs censorship of a single individual!

Free Speech includes pointing out to MSN that Obama doesn't have a DOJ. President Trump does. If they want to live in their own little fantasy land check them in at the nearest mental health facility. Reminding a journalist of the facts is not acting like a blank. It's called holding them accountable which is something they cannot tolerate.

Here is a suggestion. Anytime you see an article by mainstream media - first check to see if they have a comment section. If they don't? Don't read their article. Better yet - make a list of those who don't have comment sections and tell others about what they are doing and cross them off the list for reading material in the future.

Here is a suggestion. Anytime you see an article by mainstream media - first check to see if they have a comment section. If they don't? Don't read their article. Better yet - make a list of those who don't have comment sections and tell others about what they are doing and cross them off the list for reading material in the future.

About half (a guess, without actually counting) of the pages I run across --- whether politics, sports, culture, whatever --- already shut out commentary by requiring commenters to sign up with Nosebook first. They literally make you buy something in order to comment.

Doesn't stop me from reading the article though. That's no way to roll. There might be something worthwhile in there which can then be looked up somewhere else.

About half (a guess, without actually counting) of the pages I run across --- whether politics, sports, culture, whatever --- already shut out commentary by requiring commenters to sign up with Nosebook first. They literally make you buy something in order to comment.

Doesn't stop me from reading the article though. That's no way to roll. There might be something worthwhile in there which can then be looked up somewhere else.
Yes, I have noticed that the mainstream media are slowly moving to remove their comment sections and my advice is to make a note of who doesn't have a comment section and put them on your ignore list. Literally. Any media outlet that refuses to permit comments should not be given the privilege of a reading audience. PERIOD.

Yes, I have noticed that the mainstream media are slowly moving to remove their comment sections and my advice is to make a note of who doesn't have a comment section and put them on your ignore list. Literally. Any media outlet that refuses to permit comments should not be given the privilege of a reading audience. PERIOD.

True, but mainly comments are removed so they won't have to hear how people don't believe them and their so called news.

Last edited:

Free Speech includes pointing out to MSN that Obama doesn't have a DOJ. President Trump does. If they want to live in their own little fantasy land check them in at the nearest mental health facility. Reminding a journalist of the facts is not acting like a blank. It's called holding them accountable which is something they cannot tolerate.

No, that is not what free speech means
Free speech means the government cannot pass laws restricting or punishing your free speech. It does not mean that a private entity must provide you free access to voice your opinion

Free speech means the government cannot pass laws restricting or punishing your free speech. It does not mean that a private entity must provide you free access to voice your opinion
Clinton and his "free speech zones", Obama as well.

True, but mainly comments are removed to they won't have to hear how people don't believe them and their so called news.
True. But when they remove the entire comment section their agenda turns to - not wanting others to inform the readers that what they are reading is blatant propaganda that cannot withstand the facts as they are. Which is why all media sources that do not provide comment sections should be avoided (entirely).

No idea what you are babbling about

Sure you do. Clinton and Obama both authorized free speech zones.

So?

So?
Never saw a Marxist dictator you didn't like huh?

So?
Never saw a Marxist dictator you didn't like huh?

You are still making no sense

Why don't you defend your point?

Forum List

Back