MS trying to buy Activision. Microsoft / Xbox doesn't care about games or gamers.

Resnic

Diamond Member
May 2, 2021
Microsoft is trying to buy Activision.

Lately Microsoft has been saying that they need to buy Activision because sony has more exclusive games. So instead of making more of their own games, like sony does, they just want to buy others games and make them exclusive. Which shows they don't want to actually create anything or have any vision, they just want to buy up everything else.

They also accused Sony of trying to shrink the Xbox by trying to block them buying Activision.

If your sales are bad and your complaining that the competition has more exclusive games, again games Sony makes themselves, then hire in house talent and make your own games. Beat Sony at their own game by creating more.

It's bad enough Xbox already bought Bethesda games which is a blow because they created a lot of huge franchises like elder scrolls, Wolfenstein, doom, fallout and a lot more. Buying Activision gives them blizzard, call of duty and a whole lot of other franchises as well.

I love my PS5, I use my PC for PC exclusive games, and I use my switch on occasion, but I don't have the time or money for an Xbox as well.

Sure I can their games on PC as well but I just have no desire to buy and play games owned by a company that doesn't care about gamers. A company that just swoops in and buys everything they can everyone on all consoles enjoys so they can make it so you can only buy it from them. I have too many other games to play, movies to watch to waste my free time on them.

It's bad enough I won't get to play the next elder scrolls game or starfield because Xbox bought them, I don't need to lose out on call of duty as well.

Worst case scenario is I buy a used Xbox and buy the games I want used so Microsoft doesn't get a single penny of my money.

Sure buying studios is common practice for console manufacturers. Sony, Nintendo, Xbox all do it. But it's always smaller companies they have a relationship with already, but Microsoft's practice of buying up huge developers with huge libraries of games that have been cross platform for all gamers so they can keep them for themselves and cut out millions and millions of other console players is a practice I can't abide.

The FTC got in on the action and honestly I hope the ftc shuts down the deal.

Microsoft and Xbox don't care about gamers or even care about games. They don't want to do things to make gamers buy their stuff, they want to just force them to have to buy their stuff by owning everything and being the only game in town. They don't even want to make good games themselves people want like Sony does, they can't fight a fair fight, they have to cheat by buying everything which in the end will just drag down gaming and dumb down the industry.

They killed the beauty of Halo when they bought out Bungie.
The original Halo was an enormous evolution in FPS games.
It was immensely popular. And became an online gaming phenomena for years on Gamespy.
Bungie cared about gaming. And they proved it when they released the source code and created map building software for users to create their own maps that not only could they play... but you could upload new maps and campaigns for others to play.
The original Halo was like owning 3 or 4 games in one. God it was awesome.
Then M$ bought Halo. And then they went exclusive to either PC or XBox. Then went xbox only.
Broke ties with Gamespy, killed game sharing and ruined the storyline.

Microsoft is trying to buy Activision.

Lately Microsoft has been saying that they need to buy Activision because sony has more exclusive games. So instead of making more of their own games, like sony does, they just want to buy others games and make them exclusive. Which shows they don't want to actually create anything or have any vision, they just want to buy up everything else.

They also accused Sony of trying to shrink the Xbox by trying to block them buying Activision.

If your sales are bad and your complaining that the competition has more exclusive games, again games Sony makes themselves, then hire in house talent and make your own games. Beat Sony at their own game by creating more.

It's bad enough Xbox already bought Bethesda games which is a blow because they created a lot of huge franchises like elder scrolls, Wolfenstein, doom, fallout and a lot more. Buying Activision gives them blizzard, call of duty and a whole lot of other franchises as well.

I love my PS5, I use my PC for PC exclusive games, and I use my switch on occasion, but I don't have the time or money for an Xbox as well.

Sure I can their games on PC as well but I just have no desire to buy and play games owned by a company that doesn't care about gamers. A company that just swoops in and buys everything they can everyone on all consoles enjoys so they can make it so you can only buy it from them. I have too many other games to play, movies to watch to waste my free time on them.

It's bad enough I won't get to play the next elder scrolls game or starfield because Xbox bought them, I don't need to lose out on call of duty as well.

Worst case scenario is I buy a used Xbox and buy the games I want used so Microsoft doesn't get a single penny of my money.

Sure buying studios is common practice for console manufacturers. Sony, Nintendo, Xbox all do it. But it's always smaller companies they have a relationship with already, but Microsoft's practice of buying up huge developers with huge libraries of games that have been cross platform for all gamers so they can keep them for themselves and cut out millions and millions of other console players is a practice I can't abide.

The FTC got in on the action and honestly I hope the ftc shuts down the deal.

Microsoft and Xbox don't care about gamers or even care about games. They don't want to do things to make gamers buy their stuff, they want to just force them to have to buy their stuff by owning everything and being the only game in town. They don't even want to make good games themselves people want like Sony does, they can't fight a fair fight, they have to cheat by buying everything which in the end will just drag down gaming and dumb down the industry.
Sales are bad because xbox's are crap, they break, the solder in them is apparently crap. Me and sons have been there and done that. They're onto PlayStations because xbox's are crap.

Anything Microsoft/Windows/Xbox is crap.

Sales are bad because xbox's are crap, they break, the solder in them is apparently crap. Me and sons have been there and done that. They're onto PlayStations because xbox's are crap.

Anything Microsoft/Windows/Xbox is crap.
Microsoft is a company ran by greed. And greed alone.
They are not interested in the expensive gamble of game development when, instead, they can spend that money acquiring already popular games and regurgitate them over and over.
There have been no real advancements in XBox since it's inception 21 years ago.
The only real advancement would have been Kinnect, but it sucked badly
Other than that, just better video resolution along with all video equipment.

Seems microsofts acquisition of Activision was just part of a bigger plan to put Sony out of business according to internal emails.

Part of the strategy was to buy up other developers and make their games Xbox exclusive

Granted playstation has a ton of exclusive games, but those were games they developed in house themselves. A lot of their other exclusives are just time based because they sank their own money to help develop the game.

Microsofts approach is just to buy everything from everyone else. Microsoft doesn't even really make any games themselves. Meanwhile Sony made a lot of games themselves which is what made them more popular due to their quality exclusives they make.

Even developers they bought like Bethesda had plans and to release games they were already working on already for Sony, and Microsoft cancelled those games.

Forum List

Back