Mrs. Claus' Kitchen

Oh and guess what guys,.. this thread is going to have a sequel thread to it called "Santa's Magic Shop" opening shortly in the lounge!! :D

Here's the sequel thread for all of those interested in a little holiday magic. :)

I just wanted to give a HUGE thank you to Toffeenut Baconsmuggler for the pie idea because I definitely think that I'm going to use it!! :D

It's REEEEAAAALLLLY addictive!
For me anyway.

And you can use different fruit pie fillings or glazed fruit on top.

Now, if you add this stuff to the filling, you've got a Billionaire Pie...........

1 small can - drained, dried off, and crushed pineapple
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts (or no nuts)
1/4 cup finely drained, dried off, and minced maraschino cherries

Some people like to add minced up, colored mini marshmallows to the pie mix too. But I don't like marshmallow and cream cheese together.

You can also make this in the form of tarts and mini pies.

Personally, if I make this pie, I use my cheesecake recipe for crust--

2 cups crushed cinnamon graham crackers
1/2 cup "pureed" pecans
1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
1/2 cup melted butter

Put it in a food processor and let it grind down to almost the consistency of sand. Something between sand and kitty litter. LOL

I put it in an extra large pie pan or just the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish. Bake it for 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

When it's done, I let it cool down enough to stick in the freezer to get it cold. And while it's getting cold, I make the filling.

It's REEEEAAAALLLLY addictive!
For me anyway.

And you can use different fruit pie fillings or glazed fruit on top.

Now, if you add this stuff to the filling, you've got a Billionaire Pie...........

1 small can - drained, dried off, and crushed pineapple
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts (or no nuts)
1/4 cup finely drained, dried off, and minced maraschino cherries

Some people like to add minced up, colored mini marshmallows to the pie mix too. But I don't like marshmallow and cream cheese together.

You can also make this in the form of tarts and mini pies.

Personally, if I make this pie, I use my cheesecake recipe for crust--

2 cups crushed cinnamon graham crackers
1/2 cup "pureed" pecans
1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
1/2 cup melted butter

Put it in a food processor and let it grind down to almost the consistency of sand. Something between sand and kitty litter. LOL

I put it in an extra large pie pan or just the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish. Bake it for 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

When it's done, I let it cool down enough to stick in the freezer to get it cold. And while it's getting cold, I make the filling.

Thanks, but I like my original idea of using strawberries as a filling and making it like a strawberry cheesecake. ;)

If you want to make good chocolate cocoa then you have to start with Mexican "wheel" chocolate.
Hard as a rock... literally... not easy to work with... but holy cow!! does it make the best cocoa.

mex choc.jpg

You have seen them... usually in the Mexican section.
Trust me on this... there is no comparison to cocoa made with the real thing

It is a lost art.
I have not had good divinity in prolly 20 years.
I don't know what people are doing wrong, but whatever it is... it doesn't hold a candle to what it was 30 years ago.
I'm off of sugar, so I can't do the research.

*sigh*

It sure was good when we were growing up.

I spent Thanksgiving week with my Mom and we made Christmas cookies and fruitcake together…it’s like a look at our heritage, the fruitcake is from my paternal grandmother (Shenandoal PA), more like a pound cake. The cookies are my childhood favorites, plus some from my maternal grandmother and great grandmother (Norwegian, Danish). My favorites are the rummies :)

Hey Toffeenut Baconsmuggler, remember that pie recipe that you posted? Well, I just found out that our local store doesn't carry strawberry filling so is there a way to use chocolate for it? Like pudding or something?

Hey Toffeenut Baconsmuggler, remember that pie recipe that you posted? Well, I just found out that our local store doesn't carry strawberry filling so is there a way to use chocolate for it? Like pudding or something?

Never mind, I found out from somebody else that you could use chocolate pudding for it, so that's what I'm going to do instead. :)

Forum List

Back