(MP) Bob Katter calls for all high school kids to be given GUNS to defend Australia against an 'existential threat' (China)

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Rogue MP Bob Katter said every schoolkid should be armed 'to defend Australia'

Mr Katter compared tensions in the Indo-Pacific to the situation in Ukraine

He also said every school should have buildings where weapons are stored

Outspoken politician Bob Katter has called for high school students to be given guns to protect Australia from an 'existential threat' from China.

The North Queensland MP compared the growing tensions in the Indo-Pacific to the situation in Ukraine and said teenagers should be trained to take up arms.

'How are you going to defend this country? You've got no fuel, you've got no petrol, you've got no missiles, you've got no army,' the rogue MP told Sky News this week.

Mr Katter said under his plan 13-year-olds would be trained to use rifles and schools across the country would have armoury buildings where weapons are stored.

He added that he was taught to use a rifle 'as big as he was' when he was in his early teens.

56035077-10670929-image-m-55_1648701280465.jpg

Controversial MP Bob Katter (pictured) said Australian students should be taught to use guns so they can defend the country from security threats

'There is a firing range right in the centre of Sydney actually … it would be working 24 hours a day every day of the year,' Mr Katter said.

'Look at Ukraine, how is a little tiny country holding at bay… one of the two greatest armies on earth,' he said.

'How are they doing that? Because everyone has a gun.

'If you have five million rifles in Australia and people knowing how to use them then you have to have a 100-million-man army to invade Australia and hold it.'

Mr Katter's comments were likely prompted by a security deal leaked online last week between China and

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

----------

China's economic expansion into the Indio-China neighborhood, with "Belt and Road" programs,
require a 'common sense' national self-defense program for Australia.
Arming and training for self-defense is the only prudent action to be taken, much as the American high schools had affiliate rifle ranges years ago.
It makes sense to have an armed and trained population, especially already trained in safety protocols.

Oh, apparently he’s seen the Red Dawn movie......Wolverines!

Outspoken politician Bob Katter has called for high school students to be given guns to protect Australia from an 'existential threat' from China.

The North Queensland MP compared the growing tensions in the Indo-Pacific to the situation in Ukraine and said teenagers should be trained to take up arms.

'How are you going to defend this country? You've got no fuel, you've got no petrol, you've got no missiles, you've got no army,' the rogue MP told Sky News this week.

Mr Katter said under his plan 13-year-olds would be trained to use rifles and schools across the country would have armoury buildings where weapons are stored.

He added that he was taught to use a rifle 'as big as he was' when he was in his early teens.

Controversial MP Bob Katter (pictured) said Australian students should be taught to use guns so they can defend the country from security threats

'There is a firing range right in the centre of Sydney actually … it would be working 24 hours a day every day of the year,' Mr Katter said.

'Look at Ukraine, how is a little tiny country holding at bay… one of the two greatest armies on earth,' he said.

'If you have five million rifles in Australia and people knowing how to use them then you have to have a 100-million-man army to invade Australia and hold it.'

Mr Katter's comments were likely prompted by a security deal leaked online last week between China and

----------

China's economic expansion into the Indio-China neighborhood, with "Belt and Road" programs,
Arming and training for self-defense is the only prudent action to be taken, much as the American high schools had affiliate rifle ranges years ago.
It makes sense to have an armed and trained population, especially already trained in safety protocols.

Katter is a complete loony. He knows how to suck up to those dumb Queensland's, ay?
You can't tell there's an election on. Ay?

Katter is a complete loony. He knows how to suck up to those dumb Queensland's, ay?
You can't tell there's an election on. Ay?
Not loony at all.
His basic idea is valid, training the population to use weapons with which to defend the nation.
When the invasion comes; it's only a matter of time before someone does......if it's China, people with rifles won't do any good, they wouldn't be able to shoot the millions of invaders fast enough.
It'd be like 300 Apaches attacking a wagon train, some Apaches would be shot, but the wagon train would be overrun by sheer numbers.

What Australia needs ...nuclear weapons...ICBMs able to turn places like Shanghai and Beijing into ash if need be.
Relying on whoever occupies the White House for protection is a gamble, they might honour the ANZUS Alliance, they might not...US lives would likely be lost.
Ukraine had security guarantees, but look what's happening to it.

Last edited:
Not loony at all.
His basic idea is valid, training the population to use weapons with which to defend the nation.
When the invasion comes;
what invasion and who are you expecting it to be?
I'm saying it's all bulkshit and it's a poor justification for being like America.
it's only a matter of time before someone does......if it's China, people with rifles won't do any good, they wouldn't be able to shoot the millions of invaders fast enough.
Good. I'll rely on the motley to defend the place. A mob of ratbags like you waving rifles around, you're sure to fail.
It'd be like 300 Apaches attacking a wagon train, some Apaches would be shot, but the wagon train would be overrun by sheer numbers.
Really. Youve got a grip of modern military methods. Piss off.
What Australia needs ...nuclear weapons...ICBMs able to turn places like Shanghai and Beijing into ash if need be.
They have them also and would use it against us. How do you feel about that you idiot? How fucking dumb do you think they are?
Relying on whoever occupies the White House for protection is a gamble, they might honour the ANZUS Alliance, they might not...US lives would likely be lost.
And you think a mob of wannabe rambo kangaroo shooters will be skilled enough to ward off a pillaging horde of communists? Are you joking? Grow up idiot.
Ukraine had security guarantees, but look what's happening to it.

What security guarantees?
Name them.

----------

The Japanese made two landings in Australia during WWII, and were shot off the beaches by the civilian population so they have history doing just what he is talking about for real.

The Japanese made two landings in Australia during WWII, and were shot off the beaches by the civilian population so they have history doing just what he is talking about for real.
You are a liar. They had military bases there and my father was one if them. The USA were there also.

You know nothing big mouth. Keep it shut or do some research.

You are a liar. They had military bases there and my father was one if them. The USA were there also.

You know nothing big mouth. Keep it shut or do some research.

Sheesh you are a moron. READ SOME FUCKING HISTORY YOU DIPSHIT!

Sheesh you are a moron. READ SOME FUCKING HISTORY YOU DIPSHIT!
Yeah sure I am and you know history? Youre really smart.
You don't know your own history but want to re write it for Australia.

You arrogant ignorant fool.

Yeah sure I am and you know history? Youre really smart.
You don't know your own history but want to re write it for Australia.

You arrogant ignorant fool.

Look up about the Japanese landing near Perth you ignorant twat.

The Australian government abandoned the Northern Territories as undefensible so the locals took over.

This is well known Australian History.

Idiots like you are so ignorant you have no idea just how idiotic you are.

Look up about the Japanese landing near Perth you ignorant twat.

The Australian government abandoned the Northern Territories as undefensible so the locals took over.

This is well known Australian History.

Idiots like you are so ignorant you have no idea just how idiotic you are.
You are a liar and
the Australian government did not leave it. Prime minister Curtin bought troops home from the Middle East and stationed many in Darwin. My father was one if them.

Here's the proof the USA was there.
It be surprised if you could point to Perth in a map. There's nothing there but desert idiot.

During World War II RAAF Base Darwin served as a first refuge for retreating USAAF units from the Philippines in 1941. The USAAF Far East Air Force and its subordinate commands, V Fighter and V Bomber established headquarters at Darwin in late December 1941.
Occupants: No. 452 Squadron Darwin Flight; No. 92 Wing Detachment B; No. 114 M...
Battles/wars: Bombing of Darwin, World War II
Operator: Royal Australian Air Force

You are a liar and
the Australian government did not leave it. Prime minister Curtin bought troops home from the Middle East and stationed many in Darwin. My father was one if them.

Here's the proof the USA was there.
It be surprised if you could point to Perth in a map. There's nothing there but desert idiot.

During World War II RAAF Base Darwin served as a first refuge for retreating USAAF units from the Philippines in 1941. The USAAF Far East Air Force and its subordinate commands, V Fighter and V Bomber established headquarters at Darwin in late December 1941.
Occupants: No. 452 Squadron Darwin Flight; No. 92 Wing Detachment B; No. 114 M...
Battles/wars: Bombing of Darwin, World War II
Operator: Royal Australian Air Force

Yeah, that's why the Japanese felt they could land there, dumbass.

Look it up moron. And yes, the Australian government was prepared to abandon the Northern Territories.

That history is well known to Aussies you fucking fool.

Yeah, that's why the Japanese felt they could land there, dumbass.

Look it up moron. And yes, the Australian government was prepared to abandon the Northern Territories.

That history is well known to Aussies you fucking fool.
You keep believing that. Its a fucking shame you slang talking cowboys didn't go with the Japanese when it was over.
Believe what you want but I know different and so should you when it comes to military engagements of your own country.

You keep believing that. Its a fucking shame you slang talking cowboys didn't go with the Japanese when it was over.
Believe what you want but I know different and so should you when it comes to military engagements of your own country.

You don't know shit. Clown boi. It is well known history in Australia. An ignorant, uneducated, liar, like you, can't see past the end of your nose.

Piss off, boy.

You bother me

You don't know shit. Clown boi. It is well known history in Australia. An ignorant, uneducated, liar, like you, can't see past the end of your nose.

Piss off, boy.

You bother me
I know I bother you and that's my point. You low iq Americans are like thing wheat from blind chooks.
You project yourselves as superior to every other race on earth. You couldn't count past 10 without taking your shoes off.

I know I bother you and that's my point. You low iq Americans are like thing wheat from blind chooks.
You project yourselves as superior to every other race on earth. You couldn't count past 10 without taking your shoes off.

Yes, liars like you bother me. You have no point. You have no argument. You have no brains.

So you lie. It gets old.

Try growing up and learning something.

Hey, enough insulting of Americans.
Without the brave fighting in PNG, the Battle of the Coral Sea etc by Americans, Australia would've been taken by Japan.
Japan bombed Australia for 18 months in 64 raids.
If US Air Force planes had not replaced Japanese planes in the sky over Australia, then Australia would've been taken by Japan.
Australians should be forever grateful to the US military personnel who fought (and died) saving Australia from Japan.

Anyway, that was then and this is now.
Now, Japan stands beside Australia, ready to fight China if it comes to that.
Given what I saw on my tv last night from Ukraine, Russian troops torturing and murdering civilians young and old...MP Bob Katter is 100% correct in this thinking.
Time to train the people of Australia to fight with multiple weapons against any invaders.
One major problem...
News Ltd;
April 1 2022
Frank Chung;

Why young Aussies wouldn’t stay and fight

Most young people would flee rather than stay and fight if Australia was in the same situation as Ukraine, disturbing new polling shows.

The survey of 1000 Australians, commissioned by conservative think tank the Institute of Public Affairs and undertaken by research firm Dynata late last month, asked respondents, “If Australia was in the same position as Ukraine is now, would you stay and fight, or leave the country?”

Overall 46 per cent said they would stay and fight and 28 per cent said they would leave the country, but younger respondents were more likely to say they would leave.

Only 32 per cent of those aged 18-24 said they would stay and 40 per cent said they would leave, and 35 per cent of those aged 25-34 said they would stay while 38 per cent said they would leave.

New Topics

Forum List

Back