Movie Sound Tracts

How about the Strauss composition of 1896, Thus Sprach Zarathustra. Op 30 used as the iconic theme to 2001 Space Odyssey?

Did you see The Great Waltz? True story of Johanne Strause,great movie.

another great movie soundtrack about the beginnings of NASCAR.

For some of you young people who haven't seen some of these classics you may be pleasantly surprised if you watch one.

Back to soundtracks,

Very nice piece. You really are the eternal sentimentalist, aren't you. You and PJ would get along great.:)

Not a big fan of 40s musical. Cagney didn't even like Cohan. After being accused of being a communist, during the dark days of Hollywood the saw many careers ruined, by innuendo and unfounded accusation in front of the "Un-American Activities Committee" and cleared, he supposedly told his brother, "we're going to have to make the goddamndest patriotic picture that's ever been made. I think it's the Cohan story". He was amazingly versatile, but I preferred him as the tough guy, not the song and dance guy.

I am guilty of being too sentimental at times.
Here is an unsentimental turn of direction. Bluegrass in cinema. I have often thought of bluegrass as jazz for the country music set. Here are a couple movie greats of this genre. One I used to do a passable job with from the movie Deliverance back in my picking days and another that came alone long after I got busy and laid it down from the movie Oh God, Where Art Thou.

Forum List

Back