Zone1 Movie -- “Jesse Stone: Night Passage” with Tom Selleck

ActionJackson

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 31, 2023
Utah
I see a TV Forum and a Music Forum but no Movie Forum, so I guess I'll post this here. I rarely watch a movie, and when I start one, I generally quit watching after about 10 or 15 minutes. But I decided to scan the Amazon Prime Movie offering tonight and stumbled upon “Jesse Stone: Night Passage.” I had never heard of it, but I like Tom Selleck as an actor, so I decided to watch it.

Nothing over the top or special about it, but a solid movie that I actually watched from start to finish. Simple plot with a few unsurprising twists and turns. Some violence. Some alcohol. Some sex (but not explicit or illicit or violent or embarrassing). Fairly low-key but enjoyable. The bad guys lose in the end, but the love interests go their own, separate ways. A pet dog is laid to rest (enough to bring a tear to the eye).

No political undertones or woke nonsense. Just a good, old-fashioned "whodunnit" kind of movie worth watching.

I see a TV Forum and a Music Forum but no Movie Forum, so I guess I'll post this here. I rarely watch a movie, and when I start one, I generally quit watching after about 10 or 15 minutes. But I decided to scan the Amazon Prime Movie offering tonight and stumbled upon “Jesse Stone: Night Passage.” I had never heard of it, but I like Tom Selleck as an actor, so I decided to watch it.

Nothing over the top or special about it, but a solid movie that I actually watched from start to finish. Simple plot with a few unsurprising twists and turns. Some violence. Some alcohol. Some sex (but not explicit or illicit or violent or embarrassing). Fairly low-key but enjoyable. The bad guys lose in the end, but the love interests go their own, separate ways. A pet dog is laid to rest (enough to bring a tear to the eye).

No political undertones or woke nonsense. Just a good, old-fashioned "whodunnit" kind of movie worth watching.

I think thats a series,, it is really good,, I also read the books and the movies show respect,,

I think thats a series,, it is really good,, I also read the books and the movies show respect,,
I think I did read something about it being a “made for TV movie.” It was about an hour and a half long and zero commercials. If it's a series, then I'll have to seek out its cousins.

I watched all the Jesse Stone Flicks on Prime. Very good basic cop movie. Selleck was great in the role.

Rpbert B Parker did a good job writing the character, and Selleck was a good choice for the series of movies. The books are better, though.

I was happy Viola Davis wasn't in too many.

Just stop the pandering seems to have occurred to the producers.

I enjoyed the series but not the episode where he had to put his dog down. I know it's just a movie but...

Forum List

Back