Motorcycle Parts Seller BikeBandit Has Stolen $646,000 of Customers' Money

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
If you're a motorcycle or scooter rider you may have bought from Bike Bandit over the years. It would appear the name of the company was appropriate..........
The online parts seller declared bankruptcy in February, but the website stayed up, leading thousands of customers to pay for orders they would never receive.

Motorcyclists around the country are confused and frustrated by BikeBandit, a well-known online seller of motorcycle parts and gear. Starting in late 2021, customers have been complaining that orders are never delivered, and refund requests are never answered. BikeBandit’s online customer service chat is broken. Its phone number is dead.

If you know where to search online, you’ll learn that BikeBandit quietly filed for bankruptcy in February 2022. But there’s no indication of that on the retailer’s website, where up until the middle of April 2022, you could fill a shopping cart, enter your payment info, and send your money to a defunct company that had no way to fulfill your order. Recently, one thing has changed: If you try to place an order today, you’ll be told the item is “on backorder.” But aside from that, the site is still running, even though the company is not.

Motorcycle Parts Seller BikeBandit Has Stolen $646,000 of Customers' Money and Disappeared, Says Bankruptcy Trustee

I was looking at over $500 in Honda Pioneer SXS parts there about 3 months ago, but didn't order because they said some parts were back-ordered.

I was nervous when I ordered & got parts from cheapcycleparts.com which doesn't seem to have a real store & now website has disappeared.

I also order from Partszilla that does have an actual location, with many employees & large warehouse that I have been to at 1113 Seminole Ln, Albany, GA.

Last edited:
There's a lot of this going on. And has been for many decades...........and it's just getting worse now, because everything is going online.

So, you really have to do some major research on a company before you order from them.
According to the article the owner has multiple businesses that were in the red and kept shuffling money around to keep them solvent...... That didn't work out. Prior to that it was a good, solid company so unless you do some SERIOUS digging (which most will not do or even know how) then like in everything you're taking your chances. I typically stick with well established businesses like J&P, Revzilla, Cycle Gear, etc but then again one never knows, even they could start having problems and something similar happens.

Additionally, pay with a reputable credit card company. If the deal goes sideways; one phone call gets their team on the problem. After all it’s their money that was stolen…

I have ordered from them several times. Not recently though. Thank goodness

Never heard of them.

I buy my parts either directly from Harley or from J&P Cycles.

That said, I honestly can't remember the last time I ordered anything...

Forum List

Back