Most Terrifying Sea Creatures Faced By Divers

sam5971

Feb 13, 2020
The deep sea is a pretty scary place. Some strange creatures look completely different from what we are used to on land can grow very large on the sea floor. Here are some of the unexpected and creepy creatures faced by divers.

Giant Pyrosome
Divers in Australia have captured footage of the giant pyrosome. This giant creature is so rare and only been caught on film a few times. It's actually are colonial organisms made up of thousands of individual tunicates. The pyrosomes are shaped like hollow tubes that are closed at the rear end. What makes them so fascinating is their ability to produce bioluminescent light. They can flash a blue-green light that can be seen from several meters.

Giant Sunfish
This giant sunfish was encountered by divers off the coast of Portugal in 2015. This large and strange looking fish has a mouth that is big enough to swallow an entire diver. Despite their intimidating size, sunfish are actually gentle giants that are harmless to humans. Sunfish, also known as Mola mola, are the largest known bony fish in the world and can weigh up to 2,300 kilograms. Oddly, the sunfish main diets is jellyfish, which are low in energy and nutrients.

I've never seen a giant sunfish like that!

I own property with a couple of large ponds that have a lot of sunfish. Crappie and bluegill are my favorites. In these parts, even the most gigantic sunfish will fit in a frying pan.

Fuh dat. I'm not snorkleing in my bath tub anymore.

I own property with a couple of large ponds that have a lot of sunfish. Crappie and bluegill are my favorites. In these parts, even the most gigantic sunfish will fit in a frying pan.

Sure most people may think they just need a soap and water and a rubber duckie to be happy.

But sometimes a snorkel may come in handy in an emergency.........

Last edited:
The deep sea is a pretty scary place. Some strange creatures look completely different from what we are used to on land can grow very large on the sea floor. Here are some of the unexpected and creepy creatures faced by divers.

Giant Pyrosome
Divers in Australia have captured footage of the giant pyrosome. This giant creature is so rare and only been caught on film a few times. It's actually are colonial organisms made up of thousands of individual tunicates. The pyrosomes are shaped like hollow tubes that are closed at the rear end. What makes them so fascinating is their ability to produce bioluminescent light. They can flash a blue-green light that can be seen from several meters.

Giant Sunfish
This giant sunfish was encountered by divers off the coast of Portugal in 2015. This large and strange looking fish has a mouth that is big enough to swallow an entire diver. Despite their intimidating size, sunfish are actually gentle giants that are harmless to humans. Sunfish, also known as Mola mola, are the largest known bony fish in the world and can weigh up to 2,300 kilograms. Oddly, the sunfish main diets is jellyfish, which are low in energy and nutrients.

Here's a sea creature that is more terrifying than all of those put together. The Fukushima Monster!

Here's a strange deep sea creature that will scare somebody here's the Giant Isopod:eek2yum:

Facts-about-Giant-Isopod-to-know-what-this-Creature-is.jpg

Here's a video of someone cooking a Giant Isopod

I've often wondered when walking my surfboard in waist deep white water, and before I jumped aboard and began to paddle out to the swells, on occasion I stepped on something which was more scared than me; it took off causing me to leap out of the water onto my board. Was it a skate, a halibut, a sand dab?

Ocean going sunfish are nothing new. I saw one from a head boat fishing for blues in Mass a few years ago. If you watch the discovery channel's summer long expose on sharks you might consider outlawing surfing.

Forum List

Back