Most (if not all) murder is caused by hate

gmeyers1944

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2019
Westfield, NY (near Buffalo)
There are at least 2 different kinds of hate. There is general hate like that which was on display at the shooting in Buffalo, New York. It appears that the shooter was racist. There is also specific hatred. For example, a boy who kills his father probably hated him for some reason. I think that all mass shootings, whether racially motivated or not should be prosecuted like we now reserve only for racists. I have heard on TV that some TV reporters have mentioned that if the shooter in Buffalo is prosecuted for committing a hate crime, he would possibly be sentenced to death. Other murderers should be possibly executed for their crime of murder and not just for people who commit "Hate crimes".

There are at least 2 different kinds of hate. There is general hate like that which was on display at the shooting in Buffalo, New York. It appears that the shooter was racist. There is also specific hatred. For example, a boy who kills his father probably hated him for some reason. I think that all mass shootings, whether racially motivated or not should be prosecuted like we now reserve only for racists. I have heard on TV that some TV reporters have mentioned that if the shooter in Buffalo is prosecuted for committing a hate crime, he would possibly be sentenced to death. Other murderers should be possibly executed for their crime of murder and not just for people who commit "Hate crimes".
  • Dozens of soldiers shot and killed in Fort Hood by a radical Muslim and Obama calls it workplace violence. Not a hate crime.
  • A black assailant runs over a bunch of children and old ladies in a Christmas parade....and it's not a hate crime
  • Blacks gunning down some other black at a gas station isn't a hate crime.
  • But a stupid white kid who the FBI knows is a threat to the community guns down some people in Buffalo and all of the sudden our imposter in chief is giving speeches, and the FBI and the Attorney General are calling it a hate crime.

Hate is not a requirement for murder. The robber that kills for purpose of leaving no witnesses doesn't not necessary hate the victim.

• Dozens of soldiers shot and killed in Fort Hood by a radical Muslim and Obama calls it workplace violence. Not a hate crime.
  • A black assailant runs over a bunch of children and old ladies in a Christmas parade....and it's not a hate crime
  • But a stupid white kid who the FBI knows is a threat to the community guns down some people in Buffalo and all of the sudden our imposter in chief is giving speeches, and the FBI and the Attorney General are calling it a hate crime.
Really? Can you prove that Obama called the Ft Hood killings just a "workplace violence"? Or, as usual, is that your usual retard talking?

Since Obama wasn't yet the president when it happened, I would love to see you prove your remarks. Go.

All of these are examples of either general hate or specific hate.

What is it with right-wing nuts and their abhorrence to call racial crimes "hate crimes"? Do racial crimes hit too close to home?

What is it with right-wing nuts and their abhorrence to call racial crimes "hate crimes"? Do racial crimes hit too close to home?
Why a person commits a crime is unimportant. Convict the person who committed the crime. If you prove that the defendant is a racist, that is all well and good. It serves as a motive for committing the crime. Personally, I do not condone racial violence in any form. Period. No! It does not "Hit too close to home" for me.

I am not a "right-wing nut".

Really? Can you prove that Obama called the Ft Hood killings just a "workplace violence"? Or, as usual, is that your usual retard talking?

Since Obama wasn't yet the president when it happened, I would love to see you prove your remarks. Go.
This is a fairly typical lie about Obama.

the hate crime thing is so lame

who cares what a person's motive is... All we should care about is that someone loved by others is GONE bc of the so and so

Staying out of deep blue areas increases the chances of survival. Also about murders, crimes of passion or emotion are something that happens at the moment much of the time. Over many issues. Crimes like this seem to be something thought over. Unless he got screwed with by some people and decided to get even.

New York doesn't have the death penalty

Why a person commits a crime is unimportant. Convict the person who committed the crime. If you prove that the defendant is a racist, that is all well and good. It serves as a motive for committing the crime. Personally, I do not condone racial violence in any form. Period. No! It does not "Hit too close to home" for me.

I am not a "right-wing nut".
If you don't understand why a crime is termed as a "hate" crime, then try to educate yourself instead of using the same tired whine that garden-variety racists put out after every racial or sexual crime is committed. Otherwise, you, too, will be lumped as a right-wing nut.

Here is the definition of a hate crime
Hate
When used in a hate crime law, the word "hate" does not mean rage, anger, or general dislike. In this context “hate” means bias against people or groups with specific characteristics that are defined by the law.
At the federal level, hate crime laws include crimes committed on the basis of the victim’s perceived or actual race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or disability.
Most state hate crime laws include crimes committed on the basis of race, color, and religion; many also include crimes committed on the basis of sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and disability.

Crime
The "crime" in hate crime is often a violent crime, such as assault, murder, arson, vandalism, or threats to commit such crimes. It may also cover conspiring or asking another person to commit such crimes, even if the crime was never carried out.
Why have hate crime laws?
Hate crimes have a broader effect than most other kinds of crime. Hate crime victims include not only the crime’s immediate target but also others like them. Hate crimes affect families, communities, and at times, the entire nation.

In other words, when crimes are committed, the perps of course have to be punished. But this punishment should also serve to deter future crimes.

As an example, let's say a black guy and a white guy get into an agrument over a parking spot. One thing leads to another and they come to blows and some one is injured. Would it be termed as a "hate crime"? Most probably not. Unless it can be shown that either one came expressly to commit violence against a person of the opposite race.

But if it can be shown that it was racially motivated and even if no one is killed, because it is a racial crime, whatever sentence the perp receives, he is liable for additional sentencing in the hope that it deters others from committing the same crime.

That, in a nutshell, is the reason "hate crime" laws exist. The prosecutor still has a high bar to establish that it is one but the whole idea is to deter future similar crimes.

Forum List

Back