Most Disturbing Movie/TV Show

GMCGeneral

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2020
For me to know and you not to find out.
OK, the topic here is: What is the most disturbing scene(s) from a movie or TV show that still sticks in your mind? For me, it was a 2015 Macy Gray movie "Where Children Play" that tells the story of a young woman who returned to her childhood home to attend her mother's funeral. Also, her father was in failing health himself and needed round the clock care that Belle, the main character, was unwilling to give. We find out why in "flashbacks" to a very troubled homelife where there was domestic violence, rape, and ultimately, the #1 cause of Belle's pain: The rape of her cousin, Ruby, by Belle's father. That scene in particular, was extremely disturbing.

OK, the topic here is: What is the most disturbing scene(s) from a movie or TV show that still sticks in your mind? For me, it was a 2015 Macy Gray movie "Where Children Play" that tells the story of a young woman who returned to her childhood home to attend her mother's funeral. Also, her father was in failing health himself and needed round the clock care that Belle, the main character, was unwilling to give. We find out why in "flashbacks" to a very troubled homelife where there was domestic violence, rape, and ultimately, the #1 cause of Belle's pain: The rape of her cousin, Ruby, by Belle's father. That scene in particular, was extremely disturbing.

When I was a kid the movie that bothered me more than any other was Return of the Living Dead. Not quite so literary dramatic or socially critical as the themes you mention but the concept of indestructible undead cannibals running around eating peoples brains freaked me out. And Tar Man? Creepy as hell.

ReturnoftheLivingDead_1985_original_film_art_172ad9ad-d4f8-4b69-8e44-b241c07c6380_1200x.jpg

The most disturbing movie that I have ever seen was the 2010 movie, "Unthinkable." Samuel L. Jackson plays a government interrogator who is tasked with finding three nuclear devices that have been secreted in various places in the US. The movie explores the extent of man's inhumanity by illustrating the "unthinkable" things society will resort to when faced with "unthinkable" threats. A very well done movie IMO.

Orange is the new Black...a scene in the first year where a dyke...a very unattractive dyke was Masturbating with a screwdriver...I turned it off and never watched it again...sickening...Hollywood is a very sick place...
I can count on one hand all of the decent good and entertaining quality movies that have been released since the 80's....the rest are garbage...garbage in garbage out...Hollywood's new mantra....

Forum List

Back