Moskva sunk by US Navy - Submarine launched Harpoon

DarthTrader

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2022
I can reasonably demonstrate that the Moskva was not attacked from land, but attacked from the sea.

Contrary to what most here think, I'm American - but I do not agree with America's hubris. I think we are playing dangerous games propping up a fascist-Nazi state that is as corrupt as the other quasi-fascist state that's attacking it. I SUPPOSE the idea to raise the costs against Russia is ok to an extent, but it's a very dangerous game so we should cut our losses. I fully disagree with the sanctions and weaponization of SWIFT. Like "Die Hard", where the plan was to use the FBI's own play book against them, Russia knew we'd walk right into that trap.

Now - that being said - I think the US sinking Moskva from a Los Angeles class launched Harpoon is clever as all fuck....BUT....I don't think the risk outweighs the reward. I can't be the only one to have discovered this and Russia will have much better information in the after action review and interrogation of the ship's crew.

1650667169200.png

We've all seen this video, but what most of you probably don't pay attention to is a few things:
  1. AK-630s are in the shutdown-stern position. Never activated.
  2. S-300 tubes are closed, when the weapon system is activated the tube is open.
  3. SA-N-4 GECKOs were also in the offline position.

So the systems were offline - no DOUBT about it. The problem I have is that so many are quick to assume the Russians were just incompetent and didn't turn on their systems.

That's unlikely.

Now, regardless your biases, you cannot refute this evidence.

1. The ship is listing with the wind, the smoke is leaning with the wind.
  2. The windage of the Moskva is greatest to the stern, which means the stern would be pulled into the wind (sailing mechanics). This hasn't happened yet therefore the ship is still in its original heading.
  3. The firefighting-rescue ships that arrive on scene (origin of picture) have not lashed to the Moskva and have not towed her into any other position.
Because the Moskva was on an air defense mission, presumably it just was station keeping and thus an easy target, regardless it wouldn't have been able to complete a turn, the fact the ship is not underway reveals a few things about its condition before being attacked, but since the attack is so precisely in its engine room it's unlikely the ship completed any kind of turn at all let alone a 180degree turn.

Here is the wind from April 12 to April 15
1650667747878.png

April 12

1650667791658.png

April 13 (Attack) I drew some hypothetical ship positions

1650667877840.png

April 14, about 6am Odessa time.

1650667942594.png

April 14 9AM Odessa time

1650668081074.png

3PM Odessa time.

Anyway - the winds don't change again until night fall when they start to push north.

So at no time is the Moskva subjected to winds that give the Ukrainians a shot. The missile would have had to come from Odessa, Mikolaiv is a war zone and constantly bombarded. The Neptune system is a 6 truck convoy that looks similar to air defense and Russia is blowing-up air defense where ever it finds them in the east. Mikolaiv is a POSSIBLE shot...but very improbable.

And the ship is not perpindicular to the wind but to the starboard of the wind which means that even Mikolaiv would be an unlikely shot.

Also the presumed sinking location is a bit out of reach.

So, why the LA class Sub attack?

If we make the assumption that Moskva would have readied her defenses seeing a sub-sonic missile clunking toward her for 5-10 minutes flight time, then the logical answer is how could they be attacked without enough time to respond?

The Neptune in a round-about way is a derivative of the Harpoon.

The US Navy has this capability.

Moskva would track but not see a Los Angeles class submarine as a threat (if they even detected it at all. Moskva has some anti-sub capability but it's mostly in its helicopter not its subsystems).

The submarine could definitely get within a 30 second shot. Even one minute would be a very short reaction time. 4 minutes the crew could respond to, 1 minute not likely, 30 seconds almost not at all.

I think there is a STRONG case that the wind as evidenced by the smoke's lean, shows that the Moskva was attacked from the south east or easterly direction. Presumably very close range. With a missile that COULD BE MISTAKEN for a Neptune, such that if Russia dives the wreck they won't have that piece of evidence if any could be found.

I think Russia has access to this information as well, and not willing to start WW3 over it, gives out their cockamaime excuse of a fire on board and a storm at sea (can clearly see no storm Apr 13 - Apr 14).

The Russians will ask the crew what went wrong, the likely answer is they had no reaction time. They will report what side of the ship they were hit from, someone will KNOW they were hit port side, and what heading was the ship when hit? Someone will know, presumably south west.

The Russians WILL know the attack didn't come from Ukraine. Regardless if they deduce it from a few images and some wind data.

This can't be 100%, but the Russians will know 100%.

• Banned
Only because Russians have a long tradition of incompetence.
No they don't, but please, continue to underestimate them as they destroy the Donbas pocket AS PREDICTED by any rational military commander not allowed on CNN/MSNBC/FOX etc.

Also don't insult me by ignoring all the actual evidence I presented.

• Banned
Based on some estimations of time (sun angles that make sense).

The ship is in THIS location:

1650669689008.png

O is the observer, drew the squiggles to show lean of the smoke. Drew a sun to give approximate position of sun (sun angle) for ~3pm Odessa time on April 14 before the ship sunk.

I think we have a smoking gun here.

Lastly - the location is the known operational area of the Moskva from Feb29 to April 4th.

Because how windage works, the ship would have turned stern to wind, so the heading could have been even MORE 270deg (bow to the west)....and it had already begun to turn with the wind.

1650669864951.png

Currents on April 14 at 3pm Odessa time.

1650669929934.png

The ship would have had to be at either of those "X" areas to have been turned by currents....

• Banned
The currents don't make sense, because the ONLY current that could make sense is "snake island". So obviously the Moskva wasn't sailing at the island when sunk and no authority suggests it was.

• Banned
Hmmmm is this enough to give Putin an excuse to put a nuke up Fuck Biden's ass?
If Russia were interested in proving it they'd have started with that case. They would have just remained silent as they received testimony from the crew, all of which (except whoever died in the engine room etc) made it off, evidenced by lack of life boats and rafts.

I think their quick statement means they'll just take their licks and come-up with some other "strike-back". Maybe sink a US ship with a torpedo.

What's the US going to say? Nothing, for the same reason.

I can reasonably demonstrate that the Moskva was not attacked from land, but attacked from the sea.

Contrary to what most here think, I'm American - but I do not agree with America's hubris. I think we are playing dangerous games propping up a fascist-Nazi state that is as corrupt as the other quasi-fascist state that's attacking it. I SUPPOSE the idea to raise the costs against Russia is ok to an extent, but it's a very dangerous game so we should cut our losses. I fully disagree with the sanctions and weaponization of SWIFT. Like "Die Hard", where the plan was to use the FBI's own play book against them, Russia knew we'd walk right into that trap.

Now - that being said - I think the US sinking Moskva from a Los Angeles class launched Harpoon is clever as all fuck....BUT....I don't think the risk outweighs the reward. I can't be the only one to have discovered this and Russia will have much better information in the after action review and interrogation of the ship's crew.

View attachment 634724

We've all seen this video, but what most of you probably don't pay attention to is a few things:
  1. AK-630s are in the shutdown-stern position. Never activated.
  2. S-300 tubes are closed, when the weapon system is activated the tube is open.
  3. SA-N-4 GECKOs were also in the offline position.

So the systems were offline - no DOUBT about it. The problem I have is that so many are quick to assume the Russians were just incompetent and didn't turn on their systems.

That's unlikely.

Now, regardless your biases, you cannot refute this evidence.

1. The ship is listing with the wind, the smoke is leaning with the wind.
  2. The windage of the Moskva is greatest to the stern, which means the stern would be pulled into the wind (sailing mechanics). This hasn't happened yet therefore the ship is still in its original heading.
  3. The firefighting-rescue ships that arrive on scene (origin of picture) have not lashed to the Moskva and have not towed her into any other position.
Because the Moskva was on an air defense mission, presumably it just was station keeping and thus an easy target, regardless it wouldn't have been able to complete a turn, the fact the ship is not underway reveals a few things about its condition before being attacked, but since the attack is so precisely in its engine room it's unlikely the ship completed any kind of turn at all let alone a 180degree turn.

Here is the wind from April 12 to April 15
View attachment 634728
April 12

View attachment 634730
April 13 (Attack) I drew some hypothetical ship positions

View attachment 634734
April 14, about 6am Odessa time.

View attachment 634736

April 14 9AM Odessa time

View attachment 634739

3PM Odessa time.

Anyway - the winds don't change again until night fall when they start to push north.

So at no time is the Moskva subjected to winds that give the Ukrainians a shot. The missile would have had to come from Odessa, Mikolaiv is a war zone and constantly bombarded. The Neptune system is a 6 truck convoy that looks similar to air defense and Russia is blowing-up air defense where ever it finds them in the east. Mikolaiv is a POSSIBLE shot...but very improbable.

And the ship is not perpindicular to the wind but to the starboard of the wind which means that even Mikolaiv would be an unlikely shot.

Also the presumed sinking location is a bit out of reach.

So, why the LA class Sub attack?

If we make the assumption that Moskva would have readied her defenses seeing a sub-sonic missile clunking toward her for 5-10 minutes flight time, then the logical answer is how could they be attacked without enough time to respond?

The Neptune in a round-about way is a derivative of the Harpoon.

The US Navy has this capability.

Moskva would track but not see a Los Angeles class submarine as a threat (if they even detected it at all. Moskva has some anti-sub capability but it's mostly in its helicopter not its subsystems).

The submarine could definitely get within a 30 second shot. Even one minute would be a very short reaction time. 4 minutes the crew could respond to, 1 minute not likely, 30 seconds almost not at all.

I think there is a STRONG case that the wind as evidenced by the smoke's lean, shows that the Moskva was attacked from the south east or easterly direction. Presumably very close range. With a missile that COULD BE MISTAKEN for a Neptune, such that if Russia dives the wreck they won't have that piece of evidence if any could be found.

I think Russia has access to this information as well, and not willing to start WW3 over it, gives out their cockamaime excuse of a fire on board and a storm at sea (can clearly see no storm Apr 13 - Apr 14).

The Russians will ask the crew what went wrong, the likely answer is they had no reaction time. They will report what side of the ship they were hit from, someone will KNOW they were hit port side, and what heading was the ship when hit? Someone will know, presumably south west.

The Russians WILL know the attack didn't come from Ukraine. Regardless if they deduce it from a few images and some wind data.

This can't be 100%, but the Russians will know 100%.

Why would the U.S. attack this ship? Was it a significant military asset in the present conflict?

Why would the U.S. attack this ship? Was it a significant military asset in the present conflict?
Presumably it's their PRIMARY air defense ship. So it's a high value for that (more than being a command ship which is anywhere the fleet commander sits).

More likely, the US just wants to raise the costs for Russia by any means. I don't think the sinking of Moskva really raised the costs at all, the Moskva is basically a mothball that wasn't even updated to modern fit yet. So it was basically sinking a mothballed 1970s Soviet Cruiser that got paraded around for whatever reason. (Honestly I don't know what the Russians see in the Moskva. The Kirov is 4x heavier and actually well armored with the best sonar in the world. The hammerhead).

If Russia were interested in proving it they'd have started with that case. They would have just remained silent as they received testimony from the crew, all of which (except whoever died in the engine room etc) made it off, evidenced by lack of life boats and rafts.

I think their quick statement means they'll just take their licks and come-up with some other "strike-back". Maybe sink a US ship with a torpedo.

NATO....

Russians are going down to take a closer look.

I tried telling HI Sutton myself, but he's an assclown. I don't like anyone who immediately becomes a CIA stooge. He's one of them. Despite him being pretty good about some things.

I don't think the wreckage will be meaningful, unless somehow there's serialized parts of the Harpoon left and found in place.

People can assume that you can "plant evidence" on land. But getting a piece of evidence inside a sunken ship is nearly impossible.

If they found a serialized motor of the Harpoon/s used, that'd be devastating evidence. I'd be willing to bet if the US did this that the Navy would have scrubbed even that from the potential evidence. US is very thorough. We get away with a lot of shit.

That ship isn't listing because of the wind. I would estimate the wind to be close to 12 knots but the sea surface could be could be calm due to the lee of the other ship. And the smoke doesn't indicate anything more than 10 to 12 knots.

The problem with your theory is in the way you've made your case. The Russians will know by now or soon will. There's no incentive for the US to make the attack, and the exact opposite would be true. The object of the US is to prolong this war so that it takes a toll on Russia over a long period of time. The US won't be attempting to get directly involved and neither will Russia.

It could have been an attack by the Ukrainians but it also could be a fire as claimed by Russia.

Btw, what is the wind speed according to the colour code?

Not enogh damage if a harpoon troll.

Ship would have never been toed withca harpoin hit

That ship isn't listing because of the wind. I would estimate the wind to be close to 12 knots but the sea surface could be could be calm due to the lee of the other ship. And the smoke doesn't indicate anything more than 10 to 12 knots.

The problem with your theory is in the way you've made your case. The Russians will know by now or soon will. There's no incentive for the US to make the attack, and the exact opposite would be true. The object of the US is to prolong this war so that it takes a toll on Russia over a long period of time. The US won't be attempting to get directly involved and neither will Russia.

It could have been an attack by the Ukrainians but it also could be a fire as claimed by Russia.

Btw, what is the wind speed according to the colour code?
My statement didn't intend to mean the list was because of the wind.

The list is because the damage is to that side. Therefore the damaged side (also visible to most extent) is on the leeward side.

I don't need to PROVE a motive, to MAKE a case. I guarantee you, though, that the US is way more involved than you probably presume.

As for the fire - it looks there has definitely been an impact and a fire won't typically sink a ship, look at the USS Bonhomme Richard.

The site is: earth :: a global map of wind, weather, and ocean conditions

You can play with it to get exact details. For whatever reason there's no wave information for black sea, I presume it's a problem with the buoys that typically record the data given the current state of things. The data is pretty accurate, they cite their sources.

The wind speed is color coded, but we could just infer it by sea conditions and the lean of the smoke.

Not enogh damage if a harpoon troll.

Ship would have never been toed withca harpoin hit
Neptune is the exact same missile as the Harpoon. JUST FYI. It's just indigenously produced copy cat from the same copy cat of the "harpoonski" the Russians ripped off from the Harpoon lol

My statement didn't intend to mean the list was because of the wind.

The list is because the damage is to that side. Therefore the damaged side (also visible to most extent) is on the leeward side.
It's just that you said it was due to the wind and that's why I corrected you.
I don't need to PROVE a motive, to MAKE a case. I guarantee you, though, that the US is way more involved than you probably presume.
There's no way I could possibly underestimate US involvement!
As for the fire - it looks there has definitely been an impact and a fire won't typically sink a ship, look at the USS Bonhomme Richard.
True if ammunition wasn't involved but only half true if it was.
The site is: earth :: a global map of wind, weather, and ocean conditions
You can play with it to get exact details. For whatever reason there's no wave information for black sea, I presume it's a problem with the buoys that typically record the data given the current state of things. The data is pretty accurate, they cite their sources.
The wind chart appears to indicate near calm seas, but I may be misinterpreting it. Do you understand the wind chart?
The wind speed is color coded, but we could just infer it by sea conditions and the lean of the smoke.
I would positively estimate the wind to be less than 12 knots if the sea surface shown wasn't in the lee of the other ship.

So I'll be generous and say less than 18 knots.

You've been careless with your evidence.

Forum List

Back