Moskva sunk by US Navy - Submarine launched Harpoon

Is that what happened in all these cases?

Most of those were sunk as test targets, with repeated hits until the hull was weakened to the point if split in 2.
The earliest sinking using the Fritz X, was not really a missile, but a guided bomb, dropped from above and blowing up below the waterline of defecting Italian ships in WWII.
I think you will find that missiles do not normally sink ships, and that those claimed, like the HMS Sheffield, likely were actually just scuttled.
I can't believe they could not have put out a fire 6 days later.

The HMS Shffield was not sunk by a missile hit.

{...
The Exocet that struck Sheffield hit her on the starboard side at deck level 2, travelling through the junior ratings' scullery and breaching the Forward Auxiliary Machinery Room/Forward Engine Room bulkhead 2.4 metres (7.9 ft) above the waterline, creating a hole in the hull roughly 1.2 metres (3.9 ft) by 3 metres (9.8 ft). ...the missile disabld the ship's electrical distribution systems and breaching the pressurised sea water fire main. The damage to the fire system severely hampered any firefighting response and eventually doomed the ship to be consumed by the fire.[22]
...}

The Sheffield sank 6 days later from fire, and would easily have been saved if not for the odd bad luck of the sea water fire main being hit.
Class Delta Fire aluminum alloys ... Magnesium

Once metal burns it can't be put out. Only thrown overboard. That is what sunk the Shefield.

Harpoon sunk a Iranian Frigate in minutes. Saw the video on the mess decks. We knew so well they were toast that a helo filmed it. It went up the ass end of the ship going almost 2/3rds up tue ship. The msin deck looked like a tire commercial as the whole deck moved like a wave.

Stop spouting nonsense Ivan

Ships are metal and most metals do not burn.
Some light superstructure alloys might burn, but that is not going to take on water and sink a ship.
The hull will always be steel and not burn.
You can not sink a ship with a fire.
If there is heavy artillery on board, then you can have a munitions explosion that could sink a ship, but this ship had no such artillery.
It used self contained missiles for that, and none of the self contained missile launchers blew up.
electrical cables are flammable, and there are miles of cable in a war ship, Fuel is flammable and there are hundreds of gallons in every ship (except sail boats with no engine). I repeat, fire is the biggest danger to any ship, large or small. commercial or military.

The only way an anti-ship missile can sink a ship is if it hits explosive cargo.
The Russian ship had no explosive cargo because it did not have any heavy artillery.
It used self contained missile tubes for that instead.
And none of the missile tubes exploded.
did not realize that you were there, did you film it?

For an American sub to have attacked a Soviet warship it would have taken an order from the Commander in Chief.

Commander in Chief Potatohead is probably the most cowardly, confused and incompetent President the US ever had and to think that he gave an order to attack the ship is simply incomprehensible. He didn't even have the courage to approve the transfer of Polish aircraft to Ukraine.

Occam's Razor says the most simple explanation is the most likely. The most likely explanation is that the Ukrainians got lucky with their shore to ship missiles. Probably the incompetence of the Russians to defend the ship is a contributing factor.

For an American sub to have attacked a Soviet warship it would have taken an order from the Commander in Chief.

Commander in Chief Potatohead is probably the most cowardly, confused and incompetent President the US ever had and to think that he gave an order to attack the ship is simply incomprehensible. He didn't even have the courage to approve the transfer of Polish aircraft to Ukraine.

Occam's Razor says the most simple explanation is the most likely. The most likely explanation is that the Ukrainians got lucky with their shore to ship missiles. Probably the incompetence of the Russians to defend the ship is a contributing factor.
More Pravda from the Russia trolls...........we could destroy most of the Russian fleet in a matter of days..........

They hit NATO they will find out the hard way.

The commies built Chernobyl with no containment structure in a pile of graphite.
Funny that you credit them with good design decisions.

The Russian build cheap, but not stupid.

Durr
We know for a fact that the Moskva weapons did not explode or catch fire. So your insult is irrelevant

The HMS Shffield was not sunk by a missile hit.

{...
The Exocet that struck Sheffield hit her on the starboard side at deck level 2, travelling through the junior ratings' scullery and breaching the Forward Auxiliary Machinery Room/Forward Engine Room bulkhead 2.4 metres (7.9 ft) above the waterline, creating a hole in the hull roughly 1.2 metres (3.9 ft) by 3 metres (9.8 ft). ...the missile disabld the ship's electrical distribution systems and breaching the pressurised sea water fire main. The damage to the fire system severely hampered any firefighting response and eventually doomed the ship to be consumed by the fire.[22]
...}

The Sheffield sank 6 days later from fire, and would easily have been saved if not for the odd bad luck of the sea water fire main being hit.
The Sheffield was 1/3rd the size of Moskva with no armor.

Class Delta Fire aluminum alloys ... Magnesium

Once metal burns it can't be put out. Only thrown overboard. That is what sunk the Shefield.

Harpoon sunk a Iranian Frigate in minutes. Saw the video on the mess decks. We knew so well they were toast that a helo filmed it. It went up the ass end of the ship going almost 2/3rds up tue ship. The msin deck looked like a tire commercial as the whole deck moved like a wave.

Stop spouting nonsense Ivan
The Sheffield foundered. It didn't burn through the hull lol. And enough water will put out any metal fire that isn't reactive to water.

I'm telling you the official statement by the British government. Dumb ass. It foundered at sea. Look up the definition.
I've read about it.........and know about it..........Was a problem with Aluminum hulls and class Bravo Fires..........You CAN'T PUT THEM OUT ONCE THEY START IDIOT.

I've read about it.........and know about it..........Was a problem with Aluminum hulls and class Bravo Fires..........You CAN'T PUT THEM OUT ONCE THEY START IDIOT.
First off, stop using the word "Bravo". No one here confuses you for a competent sailor.

Secondly, the B class fire is not hot enough to start a D class fire. If that was the case then the Sheffield would have gone up like a match stick.

Thirdly, the Sheffield had a steel superstructure and a steel hull as confirmed by the Unites States.

So stop embarrassing yourself.

I was an all risk firefighter and Dive Master. I know this stuff off the top of my head which is why it's so easy for me to look up the basics just KNOWING you're wrong.

I've done mixed gas diving for years and experienced a lot more than you.

Forum List

Back