Mormon Doctrine: As man is, God once was; as God is, man may become

A gnostic trying to use Christian scriptures?

:)

Why not? I am a Gnostic Christian and we traditionally use all the scriptures of all the Abrahamic cults. Even Islam just as they use the sayings of Jesus.

Rather a cheap shot. Is that the only stone you can throw?

Regards
DL

And, yes, you misuse them and have for almost 800 years. Nothing new.

So you deny that God became a man or that that He can make us like He is?
considering that's the central message of the new testament, that kind of puts those of you who profess faith in Christ in a difficult spot

no, the central message is we are saved by faith trusting in Jesus' perfect one time sacrifice/free gift of salvation. Jesus is our mediator between man and God. That is the message.

so your denying that Jesus Christ is God in the flesh?

no.............

so then you object to the idea that we become gods. Why? Christ Himself said that those who receive the word of God are gods in John 10.

Paul taught us that as we accept Christ we become joint heirs and receive all that she has. The scriptures teach that we are born again and made a new creature free of sin through the atonement of Christ. John told us that when we saw Him we would be like Him. Peter testified that as we walk in Christ we become partakers of the divine nature.

Christ will indeed make us perfect. And through Him we become gods. Even the children of the Most High.

this God, as Christ became a man to atone for us so that we may become as Christ, gods.

we are not gods. There is only one god. We are SONS. BIG difference.

So Jesus lied when He said "ye are gods" in psalms and then again when He quoted Himself in John?

no, the central message is we are saved by faith trusting in Jesus' perfect one time sacrifice/free gift of salvation. Jesus is our mediator between man and God. That is the message.

so your denying that Jesus Christ is God in the flesh?

no.............

so then you object to the idea that we become gods. Why? Christ Himself said that those who receive the word of God are gods in John 10.

Paul taught us that as we accept Christ we become joint heirs and receive all that she has. The scriptures teach that we are born again and made a new creature free of sin through the atonement of Christ. John told us that when we saw Him we would be like Him. Peter testified that as we walk in Christ we become partakers of the divine nature.

Christ will indeed make us perfect. And through Him we become gods. Even the children of the Most High.

this God, as Christ became a man to atone for us so that we may become as Christ, gods.

we are not gods. There is only one god. We are SONS. BIG difference.

So Jesus lied when He said "ye are gods" in psalms and then again when He quoted Himself in John?

Exaltation Man Becoming a God

oh? Does that mean you're no longer Muslim? Because I am fairly certain Muslims deny that any revelation has occurred since Mohammad
Nope. ......not a revelation.

Just a confirmation that LDS Mormonism is a heretical cult that teaches polytheistic worship of Jesus which is blaspheme. ..... :cool:

Which of the plethora of Christian and Abrahamic heretica cults, including Muslim cults, are worthy of respect?

Which ones are not homophobic and misogynistic?

Regards
DL

Matthew 5:48
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

John 17:20-23
20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

1 John 3:2
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Acts 17:28-29
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device.

Gods beget Gods. As his offspring, we are gods.

John 10:34
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

Psalms 82:6
6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back