More Reasons to Love Keith Richards

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
I couldn't agree with him more. Preach, Keith, Preach!

Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards calls Metallica and Black Sabbath 'great jokes,' says rap is for 'tone-deaf people' in free-wheeling interview

Some say rock is dead. For Keith Richards, it always has been.

Strange, coming from the architect of the world’s greatest rock ’n’ roll band.

“It sounds like a dull thud to me,” says the Rolling Stone. “For most bands, getting the syncopation is beyond them. It’s endless thudding away, with no bounce, no lift, no syncopation.”

He has even less regard for heavy metal. “Millions are in love with Metallica and Black Sabbath,” Richards says. “I just thought they were great jokes.”

Not that he’s about to jump on the hip-hop bandwagon either.

kr-1-web.jpg
MARK SELIGER
Keith Richards has kept the Rolling Stones’ sound alive for more than 50 years.

“Rap — so many words, so little said,” laughs Richards, 71.

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.”

More truth at the link. :)

Sabbaths first Album was good and I never got Metallic at all and Eminem is far and away the best rapper

Black Sabbath was great...love War Pigs. Not only a great tune, but the lyrics are so right.

When is the Left going to call him racist for dumping on Rap?

Black Sabbath was great...love War Pigs. Not only a great tune, but the lyrics are so right.

He simply offered his opinion. What makes his opinion racist? More whites buy rap music than Blacks do.
Well...we all know the Left is notorious for making shit up. Right?

He simply offered his opinion. What makes his opinion racist? More whites buy rap music than Blacks do.
Not as notorious as the right is. Your assumption is a perfect example.

You need to take a reading comprehension class.

You need to take a reading comprehension class.
That wont make your made up assumption go away.

The Left isn't simple-minded like you.

^^^so in your simple minds, the Left NEVER makes shit up.

I guess if you get all your information from the Left, you wouldn't know better.

Forum List

Back