More Proof the skeptics are WINNING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What "stats" are those admiral? Do present some links so we can check for ourselves.

Already did. Traffic-related death rates in the UK, land of the minicars, are less than half that of the USA, land of the monster cars.

List of countries by traffic-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All you've done is tell us what we already knew, that big cars crush smaller cars. You've ignored the effects of what happens when all the cars are smaller, which is what the USA-UK comparison shows. If your theory was right, the UK should have the higher death rates, but instead we see the exact opposite.

Hmmmm, could it also be that the roads are smaller thus dropping the overall speed of all vehicles involved in a crash? You can find videos of two small cars crashing and neither one is in good shape after the accident. The one variable I can find is the speed of the accident which is higher in the US.

What "stats" are those admiral? Do present some links so we can check for ourselves.

Already did. Traffic-related death rates in the UK, land of the minicars, are less than half that of the USA, land of the monster cars.

List of countries by traffic-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All you've done is tell us what we already knew, that big cars crush smaller cars. You've ignored the effects of what happens when all the cars are smaller, which is what the USA-UK comparison shows. If your theory was right, the UK should have the higher death rates, but instead we see the exact opposite.

Land of the minicars? LOL!

Your link didn't say anything about the reasons behind their lower death rate.
It certainly didn't say it was because their cars are smaller.
Try again?

See now this is exactly what Hansen and all your heroes did with the AGW misfires.. Jump to the favorite explanation.. In order to do that --- you had to rule out..

1) Diff in law enforcement and penalties for bad driving.
2) road infrastructure diffs.
3) driver miles/yr compared.
4) public transport popularity and convienience
5) Weather conditions.
6) trucking regs.

Probably 11 other confounding variables that need to be controlled for..
You cats are real jumpers ain'tcha?

I know I damn near lost my life (and 2 colleagues) on the Motorway in Scotland driving with coffee in hand at 70kmh, when out of nowhere --- a COMBINE doing 15KmH appears huge in my windscreen. I pee'd myself. Good thing I had a LARGE rental car eh??

Stupid Brits..

But the smaller cars are _saving_ lives, as the stats show. You, todd, are demanding butchery solely for the glory of your political cult. Your anti-science hysteria kills people. How do you manage sleep at night, given how much blood is on your hands?

The stats show the CAFE standards cost serveral thousand additional lives each year.

I sleep very well in my opposition to CAFE standards.

What do the stats show about lives that they save?

Land of the minicars? LOL!

Your link didn't say anything about the reasons behind their lower death rate.
It certainly didn't say it was because their cars are smaller.
Try again?

It's the helmet regulations.. Gotta wear one of those Scottish Guard deals with an inner liner...

But the smaller cars are _saving_ lives, as the stats show. You, todd, are demanding butchery solely for the glory of your political cult. Your anti-science hysteria kills people. How do you manage sleep at night, given how much blood is on your hands?

-

What "stats" are those admiral? Do present some links so we can check for ourselves. Here is what I found...

"The bad news is that smaller, lighter cars are generally not as safe as larger, heavier cars. Large vehicles have longer hoods and bigger crush zones, which gives them an advantage in frontal crashes.

In studies conducted by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), a heavier vehicle will typically push a lighter one backward during the impact. As a result, there will be less force on the occupants of the heavier vehicle and more on those in the lighter vehicle, according to IIHS."

Are Small Cars Safe? Edmunds.com

"The results? Physics wins. This is something we mention here on KickingTires and on Cars.com whenever crash-test results like this come out. Crash tests can generally only predict how well a car or SUV does within its class or competitive makeup, not against other types of vehicles. The exception is IIHS’ side-impact tests, which simulate impacts with SUVs for every vehicle.

What these fresh results from IIHS spell out is that in a frontal collision, physics dictate that the larger vehicle in the test will fare better than the smaller one. Force is distributed unevenly, making the small car lose out in any matchup versus a larger car.

Crash statistics prove this to some degree. In 2007, small-car crashes resulted in a 17% higher fatality rate than midsize-car crashes."

Study: Small Cars at Greater Risk in Accidents - KickingTires

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu95gB04VC4]MINICARS MICROCARS CRASH TEST FAIL CAR CARS AUTOS - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHuHpRuhX0o]Half of Small Cars Score Badly on Tougher U.S. Crash Tests - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pVF1Wr7GLQ]Crashtest Audi Q7 vs. Fiat 500 - YouTube[/ame]

The same logic would suggest that driving a tank into a large car would put the large car occupants at more risk than the tank occupants. Does that mean that everybody driving tanks is better than what we have today?

more k00k losing >>>>

CBS News reports that temperatures to rise 212 degrees!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Networks Embrace ?Catastrophic? Warnings of Latest IPCC Report | Media Research Center

You can get mega-bomb throwing shit almost every day!!! The mental cases cant help themselves anymore......like they collectively decided, "We're losing big so we have to get even more absurd!!"

This is gonna get more comical with crap like that.. Sorry I missed that CBS Science Moment..

212 DEGREES... Don't scare the kiddies now.. Remember to file that one so when Mamooth says "WE never said that".. We can ask him if CBS news was purposely inflamming and misrepresenting his cause..

and land of the non-gay cars!!!:lol::lol: That are fast as shit.......like mine!!!

At least 95 out of 100 American males wouldn't be caught dead driving one of those gay 2 door hybrid SPECKS. Just a fact of life.

This is the level of logic that we've come to expect from conservatives.

Hmmmm, could it also be that the roads are smaller thus dropping the overall speed of all vehicles involved in a crash? You can find videos of two small cars crashing and neither one is in good shape after the accident. The one variable I can find is the speed of the accident which is higher in the US.

There many interstate quality roads in the UK and many urban roads in the US. Where is the data that there is any speed difference at all?

The stats show the CAFE standards cost serveral thousand additional lives each year.

The stats show they cause excess deaths.

I've seen no stats from you or anyone on the lives that they save. What if they save more than they cost? What if small, more maneuverable cars avoid many accidents that big cars cannot?

Only half of the truth is still a whole lie.

I've seen no stats from you or anyone on the lives that they save. What if they save more than they cost? What if small, more maneuverable cars avoid many accidents that big cars cannot?

PMZ, are you dyslexic? He said the stats showed excess deaths. You're shilling for him to find lives saved. He found the opposite. Move on.

There many interstate quality roads in the UK and many urban roads in the US. Where is the data that there is any speed difference at all?

The motorways are not a problem if you would actually bother to look at the data. In general freeways are very safe on a per mile driven rate. The issue is in towns where you have broad avenues with cross streets. In Europe those are rare.

PMZ, are you dyslexic? He said the stats showed excess deaths. You're shilling for him to find lives saved. He found the opposite. Move on.

No, he's just stupid.

and land of the non-gay cars!!!:lol::lol: That are fast as shit.......like mine!!!

At least 95 out of 100 American males wouldn't be caught dead driving one of those gay 2 door hybrid SPECKS. Just a fact of life.

This is the level of logic that we've come to expect from conservatives.

Indeed.........as compared to the logic that concludes that THIS kind of car will be embraced by American males :lol::lol::lol: >>>>

OK:up:

By the way.......since this is the thread topic.........

More k00k losing >>>>

Tesla stock tumbles after Model S catches fire

And more of the latest from the mental cases >>>>

"Temperatures will rise 212 degrees due to global warming!!"

Networks Embrace ?Catastrophic? Warnings of Latest IPCC Report | Media Research Center

So when this falls on deaf ears, will the next report say 500 degrees!!!???:2up:

Maybe "The earth will turn into a sun due to global warming!!":eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:
Interesting that they would select a number that in Farenheit terms is taught to children at which water boils. Another selective figure to elicit a general public following due to the fright that number may elicit? That's just disgusting. :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back