More National Guard records

liberal4now said:
"The President didnt mislead us at all. He never claimed that Iraq was an imminent threat. Why is it you liberals have such a hard time grasping that. He was very clear in the state of the union address before the war that we cant wait for the threats to become imminent. "

So tell me, why did Bush go after Iraq, when Osama bin Laden was not there, AND we had North Korea saying, look at me, I am capable of hitting the west coast with a nuclear missle! I do not buy that Iraq was an imminent threat. Iraq is the 2nd largest producer of OIL, and OIL is what is all about. Why can't you Repubs see that???

Considering you do not site the poster, Iraq was listed amoung the 3 Axis of Terror for the simple reason that Saddam had been linked, authoratatively with Hamas/Hizbohollah, not to mention the terrorists that had flocked to Iraq post 3/03. Flypaper proved true. :)

Didn't have to be an 'imminent threat' rather a provider/enabler of such... which they had done...

How stupid can one be? The war on terror should focus on countries that are an imminent threat. Iraq was not an imminent threat. Why not go after North Korea? Why not focus on the one who was responsible for 911? Why spend billion of dollars to take a dicator who had nothing to do with 911? Why? OIL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone who cannot see through this is BLIND!

liberal4now said:
How stupid can one be? The war on terror should focus on countries that are an imminent threat. Iraq was not an imminent threat. Why not go after North Korea? Why not focus on the one who was responsible for 911? Why spend billion of dollars to take a dicator who had nothing to do with 911? Why? OIL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone who cannot see through this is BLIND!

He supported terrorists you ass-buffoon.

liberal4now said:
How stupid can one be?
d'oh!
The war on terror should focus on countries that are an imminent threat.
Like a rouge nation that had used wmd against kurds and iranians? [quore]Why? Iraq was not an imminent threat. They could have been. They had been to others, see, Kuwait and Kurds. lol, redundant. [/quote]
Why not go after North Korea?
Because they already possed nuclear weapons? Go after only when you know your allies won't be hit, or there is nothing left to do? [/quote]
Why not focus on the one who was responsible for 911? Why spend billion of dollars to take a dicator who had nothing to do with 911?
Bin Laden will be taken, soon or later. Saddam had to be taken, for he would help escalate the terrorists that would gratuatiously die, we will hasten their wishes.
Why? OIL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone who cannot see through this is BLIND!
LOL fu!

liberal4now said:

North Korea isnt directly responsible for 911 either. Why do you want us to attack them? I know its for their great natural resource....whatever it is.

liberal4now said:

Wow. You really put up an...old argument. Well, let's see....

To my knowledge, North Korea hasn't provided terrorists with any financial support. Saddam did.

To my knowledge, North Korea hasn't provided terrorists with training. Saddam did.

North Korea hasn't fired on U.S. aircraft since the Korean War in the early 1950's. Saddam did.

North Korea hasn't organized an assassination attempt on a U.S. President. Saddam did. (Bush 41)

North Korea hasn't thumbed their nose at sanctions for over a decade. Saddam did.

I don't need the Bush administration telling me what my opinion is, I come up with that myself. If that happens to coincide with President Bush, great. One thing I will not do is the same thing you and so many others do, and that's look for legitimate reasons to disagree with President Bush. When you can't find any, you make them up or exaggerate what is there.

"Tens of thousands of Iraqi women and children are dead." That's true. They are dead because Saddam killed them and put them in mass graves. That no longer happens.

You can cease pushing your bullshit here. Nobody is going to buy it.

Jimmyeatworld said:
North Korea hasn't thumbed their nose at sanctions for over a decade. .

um, hasn't North Korea been doing that over their nuclear program for the past decade?

everything else I agree with though.

(and of course, the N. Korean's don't have the UN, France and Russia to help them bilk their sanctions regime and profit from it)

NATO AIR said:
um, hasn't North Korea been doing that over their nuclear program for the past decade?

everything else I agree with though.

(and of course, the N. Korean's don't have the UN, France and Russia to help them bilk their sanctions regime and profit from it)

To my knowledge, the UN has delayed putting sanctions on North Korea. It is true that North Korea has spoken out against the possibility of sanctions, saying they would consider it an act of war, but that's only been over the last couple of years. Anyway you cut it, it still doesn't compare to the things Saddam did.

true.

can we also add Saddam used WMD against innocent civilians?
and committed mini-genocides against numerous smaller ethnic/religious groups that opposed him?

"North Korea isnt directly responsible for 911 either. Why do you want us to attack them? I know its for their great natural resource....whatever it is."

North Korea is a threat. North Korea has nuclear weapons. North Korea doesn't have oil, though. That is why we are not attacking them. Iraq has no WMD but they are 2nd largest producer of oil. We attacked Iraq to gain control of their oil. You obviously have no grasp of what is going on.

My thoughts are linked with common sense. If you can't see the connection between the two, you are lacking in common sense. I don't need an article or a newspaper clipping to tell me why Bush declared war on Iraq. It's pretty clear.

liberal4now said:
My thoughts are linked with common sense. If you can't see the connection between the two, you are lacking in common sense. I don't need an article or a newspaper clipping to tell me why Bush declared war on Iraq. It's pretty clear.

You're hearing voices? What are they telling you? :fifty:

The voices of reason are telling me that I am arguing with a bunch of idiots.

Forum List

Back