More Bad News For The Middle Class

The GOP has never cared about the middle class... at least they don't try to hide that fact. After all, they need middle and lower class folk to fight their wars. The deems nibble a little but its easy to see the middle class and working poor are hated by the conservatives. That's why they hate SS, Medicare... two things middle class people need to make their lives better.
And yet so many Republicans make up the middle class and poor. How can these people be so easily misled? I truly believe it's all about race at this point. With no Obama, what will they bring to the table? It's hard enough getting the base to hate the gays after shows like Will and Grace.

Racism yet again derpy? You do realize don't you that Obama was ELECTED BY WHITE PEOPLE! Without the white vote he would still be a underachieving senator from Illinois. Why is it that simple minded people can't wrap their tiny little heads around that fact? Oh yeah....they're simple minded.

The fact is, the Democrat base is the poor and the extremely rich. So who do you think they want to screw?

The Democrats are a coalition of all the despicable special interest groups in the country, which includes the welfare queens and bunch of limousine Liberals in addition to some wealthy people that make their money off of big government.

You are correct. Unless you are one of the welfare queens or the very rich Liberal policies do not help you at all. In fact you are the one that is getting screwed.
When Red States are the poorest, the least educated, they get the most welfare and food stamps and still, you guys continue to lie. You sit in front of the fucking internet. Go look shit up. Stop looking like a delusional moron.

derpy, you're so one dimensional I wonder if you can wipe your own butt. The Dems AND Repubs have been in lock step. The fact that you only attack one side of the equation is sad.
You said: derpy, you're so one dimensional I wonder if you can wipe your own butt. The Dems AND Repubs have been in lock step. The fact that you only attack one side of the equation is sad

Oh wow, now you've gone completely delusional. You turned 180 degrees and got your head stuck. As has been posted many times with links, we know the Chinese and Russian funded US Chamber of Commerce gives to Republicans 10 to 1 over Democrats. If the parties were the same, it would be 50/50.
We know only 6% of scientists are Republicans. Again, it would be 50/50.
Republicans had one Jew, Eric Cantor in the House and Senate, but they got rid of him and replaced him with "David Dukes without the baggage". Now we know the GOP is 90% white and in congress, 100% Christian.

Just the very simple fact the two parties are so very different, Leads one to understand their policies will be too. Only a blind fool could say: The Dems AND Repubs have been in lock step. Are you a blind fool?

No, I'm a registered Dem, but have been leaning far more towards anarchy for well over three decades. I'm a rational anarchist though. The two parties aren't very different. You're just too stupid to realize that fact.
I disagree that there is a concept called "rational anarchy".

Most animals don't even live in anarchy.

The fact is, the Democrat base is the poor and the extremely rich. So who do you think they want to screw?

The Democrats are a coalition of all the despicable special interest groups in the country, which includes the welfare queens and bunch of limousine Liberals in addition to some wealthy people that make their money off of big government.

You are correct. Unless you are one of the welfare queens or the very rich Liberal policies do not help you at all. In fact you are the one that is getting screwed.
When Red States are the poorest, the least educated, they get the most welfare and food stamps and still, you guys continue to lie. You sit in front of the fucking internet. Go look shit up. Stop looking like a delusional moron.

Most southeastern states have 20-38% black populations. They take most of the food stamps and cause most of the poverty. I aint qustioning that many of these conservatives are lazy and doing the same thing, but facts are facts.

derpy, you're so one dimensional I wonder if you can wipe your own butt. The Dems AND Repubs have been in lock step. The fact that you only attack one side of the equation is sad.
You said: derpy, you're so one dimensional I wonder if you can wipe your own butt. The Dems AND Repubs have been in lock step. The fact that you only attack one side of the equation is sad

Oh wow, now you've gone completely delusional. You turned 180 degrees and got your head stuck. As has been posted many times with links, we know the Chinese and Russian funded US Chamber of Commerce gives to Republicans 10 to 1 over Democrats. If the parties were the same, it would be 50/50.
Republicans had one Jew, Eric Cantor in the House and Senate, but they got rid of him and replaced him with "David Dukes without the baggage". Now we know the GOP is 90% white and in congress, 100% Christian.

Just the very simple fact the two parties are so very different, Leads one to understand their policies will be too. Only a blind fool could say: The Dems AND Repubs have been in lock step. Are you a blind fool?

No, I'm a registered Dem, but have been leaning far more towards anarchy for well over three decades. I'm a rational anarchist though. The two parties aren't very different. You're just too stupid to realize that fact.

A rational anarchist realizes that there needs to be a certain, small amount of government for a society to function. Any more than that leads to erosion of individual rights, public corruption, and in the worst case of all, tyranny.

Problem with all too many in the middle class is that they expected to stay in the middle class without any effort. Sorry folks, the whole concept of capitalism is competition. You cannot keep up without constantly upgrading your skills. And you damned well better start out with some kind of skill.

So how has this worked for me? 9% raise in 2014. 100K+ for the year, working as little overtime as I could. Those in my trade working a lot of overtime made a lot more. If your skills are valuable enough, you can bargain with the man. Otherwise, he can just buy a new set of hands as he throws you out the door.

Advice for those entering the work force today? Get a skill, maintain that skill, hone it, and add as many other skills as you can to it. Be ready to change industries any time that you see yours becoming outdated. Your employer owes you a paycheck and whatever else is agreed to at the time you hired on, you owe him or her competant work and a willingness to learn on the job. Niether of you owe each other any kind of loyalty other than that.You can be laid off for any reason, or no reason at all. You have the right to quit at any time for any reason, or no reason at all. Approach all jobs with this reality in mind, and you will not be dissappointed.

A rational anarchist realizes that there needs to be a certain, small amount of government for a society to function. Any more than that leads to erosion of individual rights, public corruption, and in the worst case of all, tyranny.

You define libertarianism.

If a certain, small amount of government allows for a functioning society, anarchy, by definition, does not reign.

You define libertarianism.

If a certain, small amount of government allows for a functioning society, anarchy, by definition, does not reign.

No, I'm not defining libertarianism at all. I just realize that even though I have a nice place to live, a long way away from most idiotic people..the vast majority of people don't. They need the protections of government that I don't. They don't have the ability to stay up watching over their homes and possessions because if they didn't they would lose them all to the thieves. I have the advantage that I am far enough out that it takes real effort to get to me. Most predators are too lazy to exert themselves.

The country elected Hussein Obama and a shitload of Democrats to office.

Why is anyone surprised that the middle class is getting screwed?

The Democrats have concentrated on taking money away from the people that earn it and giving it to the people that didn't earn it and not growing the economy like it should be so why are we surprised the middle class is getting screwed?

For instance, Obamacare screwed the middle class big time so that the welfare queens can get subsidized health insurance.
The White House tried to screw over students recently, but was forced to back down: Obama drops proposal to cut tax benefits of 529 college savings plans - The Washington Post
The best part was trying to justify the removal of a student tax cut, as redirecting it to the Middle class; and the classic attack on wealthy tax payers i.e. that the rich don't deserve the programs they pay for.

The Democrats have concentrated on taking money away from the people that earn it and giving it to the people that didn't earn it and not growing the economy like it should be so why are we surprised the middle class is getting screwed?

For instance, Obamacare screwed the middle class big time so that the welfare queens can get subsidized health insurance.
The White House tried to screw over students recently, but was forced to back down: Obama drops proposal to cut tax benefits of 529 college savings plans - The Washington Post
The best part was trying to justify the removal of a student tax cut, as redirecting it to the Middle class; and the classic attack on wealthy tax payers i.e. that the rich don't deserve the programs they pay for.

No, he was trying to screw over the middle class, you know, the folks his supporters say he is all about helping.

I sat up till the wee hours and watched Fox Business early this this morning. Subjects covered were the real estate market and the further erosion of middle class income compared to the rich. The National Association of Realtors reports that going into the first quarter 2015, per capita home ownership in the US is at its lowest level in 20 years. Furthermore, urban rents have risen to the point that that the average house rent now represents 30% of gross income. If you're not in a two-income domestic partner situation in many urban areas, you're probably dead in the water.

Furthermore, banks are reporting that the average American household has very little savings today, 21 days reserve being the norm. Add the considerable inflation we see at the grocery store year to year (especially last year), and all the economic fairy tales out of Obama's pie hole don't add up to squat.

Demonstrating the growing rift between the rich and everybody else, is the fact that housing starts in the low & mid seven-figures are booming, while those in the low & mid six figures are flat. It's been more than 15 years since The Economist started sounding the warning knells regarding the dangerously lopsided distribution of income in the US, to the point that our very free market system is in danger of collapsing.

Who cares? The middle class was so enthusiastic about cutting the lower class's throats and crapping on their heads they ended up cutting their own, as usual. Let them whine and learn the hard way what happens when you let yourself fall for snake oil 'economics' and massive market ponzi schemes and frauds.

The Democratic Party is a coalition Party. With all kinds of people. Even creeps and idiots.

No, he was trying to screw over the middle class, you know, the folks his supporters say he is all about helping.
By trying to help them to get an education so they can have brighter futures????

Dunce.

The Democratic Party is a coalition Party. With all kinds of people. Even creeps and idiots.

Wow, you classify for both of those!

By trying to help them to get an education so they can have brighter futures????

Dunce.

No asshole. The middle class was promised that they could put money away TAX FREE for their kids college tuition, and so long as that was what the money was spent on, there would be no taxes. Everybody wins.

Then obummer comes along and says "well, we really need your money, that you've been putting away for a long time, and we're going to tax it now so that instead of hurting my donors (you know, the 1%'s) I'm going to break a promise and take it from you, to give to every Tom Dick or Harry who DIDN'T make the sacrifice that you did because, well I have to pander to morons like derpy who's so dumb he can't wipe his own butt."

Last edited:
Millionaires Are Also Worried About Rising Income Inequality - NBC News

Fully 77 percent of Americans with investible assets of $1 million or more cited the "increasing income gap between poor and wealthy Americans" as a top economic concern, according to a new study from Morgan Stanley. That was topped only by "increased foreign conflicts (at 88 percent)," according to the study. The government budget deficit ranked third (75 percent), followed by terrorism.

The results are consistent with other surveys, and reflect a growing consensus among both rich and poor, Democrats and Republicans, that two-speed recovery has helped the wealthy while the rest of America is still struggling with low wage growth. For the study, Morgan Stanley polled more than 300 millionaires, with investible assets of $1 million or more. The poll was conducted between October and December of 2014.

The rich are getting richer, the poor are getting poorer, and the middle class is being squeezed.

Flash, I have a news flash for you.
Wage growth has been flat since the 1980's. This inequality phenomenon isn't new at all. It's occurred and progressed under Democrats and Republicans. In other words, as the below charts indicate, this really shouldn't be a partisan issue.
Wage_stagnation.png
11-18-11pov-rev12-10-14-f1.png wealth gap.png

Last edited:
Millionaires Are Also Worried About Rising Income Inequality - NBC News

Fully 77 percent of Americans with investible assets of $1 million or more cited the "increasing income gap between poor and wealthy Americans" as a top economic concern, according to a new study from Morgan Stanley. That was topped only by "increased foreign conflicts (at 88 percent)," according to the study. The government budget deficit ranked third (75 percent), followed by terrorism.

The results are consistent with other surveys, and reflect a growing consensus among both rich and poor, Democrats and Republicans, that two-speed recovery has helped the wealthy while the rest of America is still struggling with low wage growth. For the study, Morgan Stanley polled more than 300 millionaires, with investible assets of $1 million or more. The poll was conducted between October and December of 2014.

The rich are getting richer, the poor are getting poorer, and the middle class is being squeezed.
Well of course, since a lack of income growth means sluggish consumer spending, and a lack of savings to prepare for another crash among the poor and middle class. So much for the American dream myth, that politicians like to quote but don't actually believe in.

I sat up till the wee hours and watched Fox Business early this this morning. Subjects covered were the real estate market and the further erosion of middle class income compared to the rich. The National Association of Realtors reports that going into the first quarter 2015, per capita home ownership in the US is at its lowest level in 20 years. Furthermore, urban rents have risen to the point that that the average house rent now represents 30% of gross income. If you're not in a two-income domestic partner situation in many urban areas, you're probably dead in the water.

Furthermore, banks are reporting that the average American household has very little savings today, 21 days reserve being the norm. Add the considerable inflation we see at the grocery store year to year (especially last year), and all the economic fairy tales out of Obama's pie hole don't add up to squat.

Demonstrating the growing rift between the rich and everybody else, is the fact that housing starts in the low & mid seven-figures are booming, while those in the low & mid six figures are flat. It's been more than 15 years since The Economist started sounding the warning knells regarding the dangerously lopsided distribution of income in the US, to the point that our very free market system is in danger of collapsing.
We believe in the paradigm that the labor class is two separate classes, one being the poor and the other being the middle class. Both work to live and provide for themselves and their families. The only difference is that the middle class can sustain themselves on the wages from their labor and the poor cannot. That is why the middle class problem is so urgent nowadays.

Who cares? The middle class was so enthusiastic about cutting the lower class's throats and crapping on their heads they ended up cutting their own, as usual. Let them whine and learn the hard way what happens when you let yourself fall for snake oil 'economics' and massive market ponzi schemes and frauds.
All the middle class ever cared about the poor was that they be pacified and kept out of sight and out of mind.

Now, trillions in debt, the middle class will soon be extinct.

Forum List

Back