More bad economy news

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
You are too stupid to know that the economy is booming! So check this out....the highly touted rise in median income is actually meaningless and in the Algebraic Sum amounts to a loss.

Today the median household income is up to $81,000, but the income required to afford a home comfortably has soared to $106,500. Home prices have risen 42.4% in that period, to $343,000, and average mortgage rates have nearly doubled, from 3.5% to 6.6%.

Jo

Nothing new there.....A few months back wages were .01% above real inflation but has since fell behind again.

LOL....I hope folks did not spend that .01% in one place. :laughing0301:
Hey!.....there's still penny candy out there somewhere!

I used this analogy in my youth to make a point, especially applicable for Canadian winter.

If you tell me that for the last 6 or 7 days in a row you always slip on the same sidewalk of ice on the way to the bus, try as you might you always slip and it hurts like hell when you fall. So, you cross the street to the other side instead of walking down that stretch, if I tell you "it's fine, it hasn't been a problem for me at all, go ahead and walk down that sidewalk". Are you going to try to tempt fate again or will you continue to safely cross the street and use the other side?

ALL economic data is meaningless if citizens experiences for them and their family are worse off. They know it, they live paycheck to paycheck, they shop and they try and afford a roof over their heads.

You are too stupid to know that the economy is booming! So check this out....the highly touted rise in median income is actually meaningless and in the Algebraic Sum amounts to a loss.

Today the median household income is up to $81,000, but the income required to afford a home comfortably has soared to $106,500. Home prices have risen 42.4% in that period, to $343,000, and average mortgage rates have nearly doubled, from 3.5% to 6.6%.

Jo
G'ment debt $pending, don't lose wealth without it!

$10,000 per person* deficit spending has created a counterfeit economy.

*$3.3 trillion divided by 330 million population.

Last edited:

Jo
Salaries have increased and so have the prices of homes. The definition of economy is booming. And your point is?

The definition of obtuse. Nothing has increased intrinsically except debt.
Nope. If you had saved money and bought a house, say, 10 years ago... your salary would have increased and so would your home price.

I would rather have this than home prices crashing and rampant unemployment.

If any of this comes as a shock, you are a bigger retard than you seem. Thoughts & prayers.

Last edited:

Jo
70% of people own homes and are super rich now. That is good, right?

Nothing new there.....A few months back wages were .01% above real inflation but has since fell behind again.

LOL....I hope folks did not spend that .01% in one place. :laughing0301:
Real wages are up against 2019 numbers. Month to month moves are meaningless. So is picking a covid point and comparing to it. Wages are strong.

WTF is a penny? I haven't used anything but folding money for over ten years. Coins are nothing but a way to pay tax and an inconvenience.
It's cool when you put it on the freight train tracks....punch a hole in it...makes an awesome medallion! Good to put behind a fuse! Great science experiment when you soak it in coca cola!

70% of people own homes and are super rich now. That is good, right?
Truth is the market is being driven artificially by whales.

They swoop in with cash buys, renovate and then Rent at exorbitant rates. Massive cash flow business.

They swoop in with cash buys, renovate and then Rent at exorbitant rates. Massive cash flow business.
Gasp! People doing business in a capitalistic society? The horror!

Sorry. I bought a beach house with cash just to summer at. Florida housing pricing is going up with all the money people have made under Joe Biden. I expect my summer fun will also be a great investment.

Sorry. I bought a beach house with cash just to summer at. Florida housing pricing is going up with all the money people have made under Joe Biden. I expect my summer fun will also be a great investment.
Much better than time share for sure. You planned well...you deserve the fruits. Remember the sun screen! And don't go swimming in warm water.😎

Real wages are up against 2019 numbers. Month to month moves are meaningless. So is picking a covid point and comparing to it. Wages are strong.
No wages are an illusion. As the dollar devalues it gives the appearance of MORE....but it's actually less.

Forum List

Back