More bad news for Obama liberals: Constitution is this year’s big best-seller

Really?

EXAMPLES:

Brown v. Board of Education - 1954 Supreme Court ruling ordering the desegregation of public schools.
Griswold v. Connecticut - 1965 Supreme Court ruling establishing a constitutional right to posess, distribute and use contraception.
Loving v. Virginia - 1967 Supreme Court ruling requiring the legalization of interracial marriage.
Roe v. Wade - 1973 Supreme Court ruling establishing a constitutional right to abortion.
Lawrence v. Texas - 2003 Supreme Court ruling establishing a constitutional right to sodomy.

And Guess what Amendment these ruling violated?

The laws violated the 9th and the 14th.

In fact here's the text of the 9th

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

It means that the fed (and since then the states) do not have an unlimited right to fuck with citizens so long as they don't violate the other amendments.

Things like contraception fall under that right.

EDIT: I just realized all his links are conservapedia, probably the least trustworthy source on the entire internet.

I've never bothered with it, I prefer to read the original and make up my own mind. But they completely mis-cited one and were technically not "incorrect" but grossly oversimplified at best on the rest. Which tells me it's just another one of those sources that tells people what opinions to hold rather then gives them the facts on which to form an opinion. Not impressive.

They have a Bible project which is basically applying 'anyone can edit' to a translation of the Bible. I think they said they were going to remove liberal bias or something like that.

All you need to know is that other ultra-conservatives including WND called them out on it.

The laws violated the 9th and the 14th.

In fact here's the text of the 9th

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

It means that the fed (and since then the states) do not have an unlimited right to fuck with citizens so long as they don't violate the other amendments.

Things like contraception fall under that right.

EDIT: I just realized all his links are conservapedia, probably the least trustworthy source on the entire internet.

I've never bothered with it, I prefer to read the original and make up my own mind. But they completely mis-cited one and were technically not "incorrect" but grossly oversimplified at best on the rest. Which tells me it's just another one of those sources that tells people what opinions to hold rather then gives them the facts on which to form an opinion. Not impressive.

They have a Bible project which is basically applying 'anyone can edit' to a translation of the Bible. I think they said they were going to remove liberal bias or something like that.

All you need to know is that other ultra-conservatives including WND called them out on it.

Wiki Jefferson, but in reverse? :lol:

Oh my.

I received a leather bound copy of the U. S. Constitution, Bill of Rights, and Declaration of Independence from my Grandpop for college graduation, and it is a prized possession. I welcome the news that citizens are buying and reading the U. S. Constitution. It renews my faith in the American people.

:lol: Right, suddenly they care about he constitution, but didn't care when patriot act installed and Bush's wiretapping occurred or when US citizens suspected of terrorist activities aren't given their constitutional rights

good, maybe the republicans will learn something about how the government works.

One thing they need to learn is that the constitution is a living document, and the supreme court rules on new laws as to whether they violate the constitution or not. Instead of calling every judgement they don't agree with "judicial activism".

So many only seem to care about the constitution when it has to do with something they agree with

Excellent. Agree completely. Also add in how Cheney/Bush attempted to set up an imperial presidency in clear contravention of the separation of powers doctrine.

What I'm curious about is when Conservatives always yammer about states rights, yet so called Libertarians like Ron and Rand Paul want constitutional amendments to ban Abortion and Gay Marriage at the federal level. Never mind what some Conservatives in Congress want to do on top of that. If it was up to some Republicans, this country would be essentially a theology. :eusa_eh:

Demand for copies of the U.S. Constitution is skyrocketing.

(Remainder of OP snipped - drivel.)

I want to thank you, TS, for setting up this thread so that, for the past 7 pages or so, you and your "Constitution loving" fellow cons can get your respective asses handed to you.

Might want to pick some other issue next time . . . .

Last edited:
What I'm curious about is when Conservatives always yammer about states rights, yet so called Libertarians like Ron and Rand Paul want constitutional amendments to ban Abortion and Gay Marriage at the federal level. Never mind what some Conservatives in Congress want to do on top of that. If it was up to some Republicans, this country would be essentially a theology. :eusa_eh:

are you purposely lying? ron paul is against abortion and gay marriage but also against the amendments. he said it should be handled at the state level, as it should.

are you purposely lying? ron paul is against abortion and gay marriage but also against the amendments. he said it should be handled at the state level, as it should.

At the state level? Why? So citizens should not be able to avail themselves of the right to amend the US Constitution to alter what is acceptable?

Demand for copies of the U.S. Constitution is skyrocketing.
The increased interest comes amid the rise of the Tea Party movement and as both parties cite the Constitution to advance their agendas.

The pocket edition of the Constitution and Declaration of Independence ranked 10th on the Government Printing Office’s (GPO) best-seller list in March.

Since September 2009, the GPO has sold more than 8,700 copies of the pocket Constitution to the public, according to GPO spokesman Gary Somerset. That is a higher sell rate than in recent years.

Those sales are in addition to the thousands of copies given to members of Congress each year. Congress authorized a resolution in 2009 to print 441,000 copies for the use of the House (1,000 for each member) and 100,000 copies for the Senate (1,000 for each senator).

Constitution is this year?s big best-seller - TheHill.com

Liberals are SURE not going to like that. They want us to believe in the Constitution being a "living document" as Al Gore called it. What's the translation for that one?

It means the Constitution means anything liberals say it does.

They don't want people actually READING the constitution. They might notice things like there IS a 2nd Amendment in there or there are no words like "separation of church and state." :eek:

Hey! :eek: We can't have that! :eek:

What about that 10th Amendment????? People might find out Arizona is perfectly within their rights to have enforce immigration laws.

OH WE DEFINITELY CAN'T HAVE THAT! :eek::eek::eek:

More stuff for liberals to worry about, and more stuff for me to smile about. :D

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry but the 10th amendment only reserves the powers for states that have not been delegated to Congress. The power to establish immigration law is delegated to Congress in Article I Section 8 Clause 4, it is thus not a power of the states.

Its amazing how so many of you so called Constitution lovers haven't even read the damn thing.

So, the Constitution says that if the Feds DELIBERATELY ignore their own laws about immigration the states can do nothing about enforcing those laws?

Seems to me, if the Feds by their own DELIBERATE inaction, refuse to enforce their own laws to keep this country safe, they have, BY DEFALT, relegated those laws to the states.

Show me where it says otherwise in the Constitution, oh Constitutional genius?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Liberals are SURE not going to like that. They want us to believe in the Constitution being a "living document" as Al Gore called it. What's the translation for that one?

They don't want people actually READING the constitution. They might notice things like there IS a 2nd Amendment in there or there are no words like "separation of church and state." :eek:

What about that 10th Amendment????? People might find out Arizona is perfectly within their rights to have enforce immigration laws.

More stuff for liberals to worry about, and more stuff for me to smile about. :D

Sorry but the 10th amendment only reserves the powers for states that have not been delegated to Congress. The power to establish immigration law is delegated to Congress in Article I Section 8 Clause 4, it is thus not a power of the states.

Its amazing how so many of you so called Constitution lovers haven't even read the damn thing.

So, the Constitution says that if the Feds DELIBERATELY ignore their own laws about immigration the states can do nothing about enforcing those laws?

Seems to me, if the Feds by their own DELIBERATE inaction, refuse to enforce their own laws to keep this country safe, they have, BY DEFALT, relegated those laws to the states.

Sorry doesn't work like that genius...

You have a problem with the Constitutional division between state and federal powers?
So by your logic, If Arizona does not think the Federal Government is handling its diplomatic relations with Mexico to their liking, they are free to invade Mexico?

So what you're saying is if there is an enumerated power granted specifically to the Federal government that the States feel is being mismanaged, you believe the plain language of the Constitution should be ignored?

Forum List

Back