More bad news about salt.

Woodznutz

Platinum Member
Dec 9, 2021
Now studies suggest that too much sodium can affect your brain. I believe this is true because when I consume too much salt I have 'brain fog'. It goes away when I flush out the excess salt from my system.

Now studies suggest that too much sodium can affect your brain. I believe this is true because when I consume too much salt I have 'brain fog'. It goes away when I flush out the excess salt from my system.
If this is a thing you need to provide a link, IINM.

Have you got drs telling you that you have too much salt?

Salt and Potassium go together. An imbalance will create all sorts of health issues including brain fog. Oddly the standard treatment when it all hits the heart is to limit salt but a lot of times they fail to note to people the potassium and magnesium is low. Check your own blood test results. Even then those test results could be wrong if the blood isn't good. My tests showed potassium high when in fact it was low. The readings were incorrect due to the blood being hemolyzed.

Low potassium could contribute to brain fog and mood changes,” says Newgent, “so eating foods high in potassium may help regulate those mental shifts in some." One major benefit of potassium is that it helps to offset some of the damage a high-sodium diet may do to the body.

Magnesium
Many people don't get enough magnesium in their diet, which may negatively impact brain health and lead to brain fog symptoms such as difficulty concentrating. Low magnesium levels are common in those who are stressed and can even increase susceptibility to stress ( 24 ).Aug 26, 2021

6 Helpful Supplements for Brain Fog - Healthline

Now studies suggest that too much sodium can affect your brain.
FYI:

So can too little sodium. Like potassium, chloride, magnesium, bicarbonate and calcium, sodium is an essential electrolyte. By "essential" I mean that the human body regularly needs a dietary intake of these nutrients. Your body either cannot produce enough of them or store enough of them to maintain proper vital bodily functions. If your electrolyte balance gets too far out of whack, you're totally fucked and you will die.

Too much sodium is hypernatremia.
Too little sodium is hyponatremia.

Both hypernatremia and hyponatremia can have nasty effects on your brain. Primarily due to the effects on your sodium/potassium ion pumps.

Too little sodium can cause your sodium/potassium balance to get way out of whack and kill you. Your brain will literally swell up and be forced into your brain stem, which controls important vital things like your heartbeat and respiratory system, thus squeezing it's blood supply off.

Lights out, game over.

Last edited:
Have you got drs telling you that you have too much salt?

Salt and Potassium go together. An imbalance will create all sorts of health issues including brain fog. Oddly the standard treatment when it all hits the heart is to limit salt but a lot of times they fail to note to people the potassium and magnesium is low. Check your own blood test results. Even then those test results could be wrong if the blood isn't good. My tests showed potassium high when in fact it was low. The readings were incorrect due to the blood being hemolyzed.

Low potassium could contribute to brain fog and mood changes,” says Newgent, “so eating foods high in potassium may help regulate those mental shifts in some." One major benefit of potassium is that it helps to offset some of the damage a high-sodium diet may do to the body.

Magnesium

Many people don't get enough magnesium in their diet, which may negatively impact brain health and lead to brain fog symptoms such as difficulty concentrating. Low magnesium levels are common in those who are stressed and can even increase susceptibility to stress ( 24 ).Aug 26, 2021

6 Helpful Supplements for Brain Fog - Healthline

My brain fog goes away when I flush out the excess salt. I get plenty of the other needed minerals. The average person only needs 500-600 mg of sodium but consumes 3400 mg daily. As we get older our kidney function slows down and sodium can build up and cause mischief.

Forum List

Back