Air Fryers

Brick Gold

Gold Member
Jan 30, 2022
I saw an infomercial on an air fryer two years ago and kept them in mind ever since. Now I am interested in buying one but 32 quart capacity seems to be the maximum size these things are available in. Now, thats the space of a medium size microwave and that isnt too bad but I want to be able to cook a 14 inch pizza or a full thanksgiving turkey and these 30qt ones dont have the area for that.

You can dehydrate food and make your own jerkies and rotisseries and all sorts of available cooking methods with these new innovative air fryers. Potato fries made crunchy without the need of deep frying oils. Suggestions or comments? Anyone use an air fryer? Is there a 50 quart version out there somewhere?

I saw an infomercial on an air fryer two years ago and kept them in mind ever since. Now I am interested in buying one but 32 quart capacity seems to be the maximum size these things are available in. Now, thats the space of a medium size microwave and that isnt too bad but I want to be able to cook a 14 inch pizza or a full thanksgiving turkey and these 30qt ones dont have the area for that.

You can dehydrate food and make your own jerkies and rotisseries and all sorts of available cooking methods with these new innovative air fryers. Potato fries made crunchy without the need of deep frying oils. Suggestions or comments? Anyone use an air fryer? Is there a 50 quart version out there somewhere?

It's like a guided missile really from my standpoint. I have a very specific brand of chicken strips that do great in the air fryer. Other chicken strips? Not well.

I think it's worth taking the plunge myself. The time it takes to cook these chicken strips was reduced by half and I have them about 2-3 times a week...saving 10 minutes each time...that is 30+ minutes I save in a week I guess.

"Air fryer" is a misnomer. they are simply small convection ovens, not fryers.

They bake food, they don't fry food.

A lately the corporations that produce them have been making them in odd shapes so that you will have to buy their proprietary oven racks or pans or whatever.

"Air fryer" is a misnomer. they are simply small convection ovens, not fryers.

They bake food, they don't fry food.

A lately the corporations that produce them have been making them in odd shapes so that you will have to buy their proprietary oven racks or pans or whatever.
"Convection oven" and "air fryer" are almost the same thing. One is smaller than the other, but if you called an air fryer a "convection oven", you would be making a misnomer. They are similar, but different enough that they have their own name. Kind of like how a bucket and a tub are the same thing, but they are different sizes so they have their own name.

More than once... I have seen people with a convection oven (a feature they didn't know what it was so they never used) - buy an air fryer,
I mean.... hello???
Not to say that the OP is one of those folks, but holy cow the humor in buying one when you already have a convection oven is hilarious

More than once... I have seen people with a convection oven (a feature they didn't know what it was so they never used) - buy an air fryer,
I mean.... hello???
Not to say that the OP is one of those folks, but holy cow the humor in buying one when you already have a convection oven is hilarious
And air fryer being smaller than an oven allows the fan to be closer to the food allowing the hot air to be moved more quickly and at a greater relative volume over the food.

It also takes less energy to heat up because it's a small space compared to an oven

I have what I call a toaster over that has an air fry setting that I use a lot. I wonder if the non-toaster oven type air fryers do a better job.

Is this
1668601631741.png

a better air fryer than this
1668601707562.png

I what I call a toaster over that has an air fry setting that I use a lot. I wonder if the non-toaster oven type air fryers do a better job.

Is this
View attachment 726697
a better air fryer than this
View attachment 726698
I've had both kinds and I prefer the toaster oven style because the food can be spread out into a single layer and it cooks faster and more evenly

"Convection oven" and "air fryer" are almost the same thing. One is smaller than the other, but if you called an air fryer a "convection oven", you would be making a misnomer. They are similar, but different enough that they have their own name. Kind of like how a bucket and a tub are the same thing, but they are different sizes so they have their own name.

Forum List

Back