More Americans identify as Independent

Grow up.

There's no such thing as a perfect candidate.

The next president will either be a Republican or a Democrat. Deal with it.

Pouting and taking your ball and going home is something you are free to do, but you Bernie Bros did that in 2016, and we all see how that turned out.

You are the one stomping their feet and pouting, not me. I'm simply voting for who I believe to be the best candidate.

What does that have to do with the point I just made about third party people being fringe nuts?

Do you really think Hillary said in those speeches, 'We're going to get the working class, and their little dog, too!"

I prefer belonging to the fringe than Wall Street.

There is also the side benefit of letting the two main parties know that there are people who are not going to vote for their horrible candidates and if they want to do better at the polls, they need to nominate better people.

Not enough of us do this as they have the rest too brainwashed against the "other side" to ever not vote for their side

As long as you are willing to vote for those in their declining years, the parties will continue to run them.
Personally, I'd like to see Biden step aside in favor of Newsom.

But if it's a choice between him and Trump Channelling Hitler and vowing revenge, that's an easy choice. Vote for Biden, and if he keels over five minutes after inauguration, we can live with that.

Personally, I'd like to see Biden step aside in favor of Newsom.

But if it's a choice between him and Trump Channelling Hitler and vowing revenge, that's an easy choice. Vote for Biden, and if he keels over five minutes after inauguration, we can live with that.

I prefer Biden over Harris and that is setting the bar very low.

Actually, no, it was on them to realize the danger Trump posed, and get behind her. They didn't. When it was clear that Commie Bernie wasn't going to get any more than token speeches at the convention, they all shifted to third-party candidates, and that's how we got Trump.
And? Again, it was Hillary, the candidate seeking election, who's job it was to appeal to them. They don't owe you a pity vote because you don't like Trump or his policies.
Not at all. The problem was partially that Bernie gained traction because people don't like Hillary as a person. I get that. It's how Obama won the nomination in 2008. Hillary didn't repeat the mistakes she made in 2008. But those anti-Hilary voters all clung to Commie Bernie, giving him the delusion that people actually liked his crazy ideas. It's how we got the nutter AOC faction in Congress. The people the GOP always uses to bash us over the head.
People do prefer progressive policies and calling them names certainly isn't going to inspire anyone to vote with you. I get it. I call people names here all the time but I don't turn around and then beg for their vote like a moronic Simp. :dunno:
Not the government's job. If anything, the government has contributed to that problem. I mentioned the last Condo association I lived in, 10% of the residents were Section 8 who rented from owners. The government getting involved in the market is what screwed it up. Without Section 8 being as robust as it is, the market would have corrected rents a long time ago.
Well then we disagree on what the government's job is. By the way I don't think giving people money so they can pay rent is the best way to go about helping people. For one, I was listening to a podcast the other day about how landlords down here in Florida still prefer not to rent to people using Section 8 vouchers which doesn't solve their housing needs and two, like most moderate, liberal plans its also about funneling tax payer money to business interests.
So what is she complaining about?
The fact the cronyism is so rampant that business interests come before a healthy economy where people can afford food, Healthcare and housing without living hand to mouth and that instead she has to rely on the generosity of friends despite working a full time job as frigging nurse?
Well, you said Florida. Now the thing I keep hearing about Florida is how affordable it is because Ron DeSatan has allowed the market forces to have their way. (That was before Ron doubted the ONE TRUE GOD, Donald Trump). I was in Florida last week on vacation with my wife in Orlando. Frankly, I wasn't seeing the affordability.
When have I ever come here to spew right wing talking points?

And? Again, it was Hillary, the candidate seeking election, who's job it was to appeal to them. They don't owe you a pity vote because you don't like Trump or his policies.

No, it's the job of the voter to understand what is realistic and practical. I mean, sure, Bernie can promise you a house, free health care and a puppy, but someone has to pay for that.

People do prefer progressive policies and calling them names certainly isn't going to inspire anyone to vote with you. I get it. I call people names here all the time but I don't turn around and then beg for their vote like a moronic Simp.

Unless you live in a swing state, I really don't care how you vote.

Well then we disagree on what the government's job is. By the way I don't think giving people money so they can pay rent is the best way to go about helping people. For one, I was listening to a podcast the other day about how landlords down here in Florida still prefer not to rent to people using Section 8 vouchers which doesn't solve their housing needs and two, like most moderate, liberal plans its also about funneling tax payer money to business interests.

You've obviously never had to live next to Section 8 people, or you'd realize how awful an idea that is. Garbage in the hallway, three broken down cars in the parking lot.

I had to rent out my unit for about a year while the jackasses who were renting to Section 8 slackers fought the sale vote their clearly lost.

The fact the cronyism is so rampant that business interests come before a healthy economy where people can afford food, Healthcare and housing without living hand to mouth and that instead she has to rely on the generosity of friends despite working a full time job as frigging nurse?

Sounds to me like she hasn't managed her career very well. Average salary for a nurse in Florida is $50,000 to $96,000 a year, and if she up for a Ph.D., she should be at the higher end of that range.

But don't worry, Commie Bernie will make sure everyone gets a house. And a Puppy.

When have I ever come here to spew right wing talking points?
Missed my point entirely.

No, it's the job of the voter to understand what is realistic and practical. I mean, sure, Bernie can promise you a house, free health care and a puppy, but someone has to pay for going long??
Bernie never promised me any of those things and that's not why I voted for him. If you don't care about our political and economic concerns why do you expect us to vote with you? :dunno:
Unless you live in a swing state, I really don't care how you vote.
Really? You seem really salty about 2016....
You've obviously never had to live next to Section 8 people, or you'd realize how awful an idea that is. Garbage in the hallway, three broken down cars in the parking lot.
I've lived in all sorts of places and my family is from a third world country where poor people use aluminum siding for roofs. Homelessness is worse than your dirty hallway.
I had to rent out my unit for about a year while the jackasses who were renting to Section 8 slackers fought the sale vote their clearly lost.
I don't know what you're trying to say here.
Sounds to me like she hasn't managed her career very well. Average salary for a nurse in Florida is $50,000 to $96,000 a year, and if she up for a Ph.D., she should be at the higher end of that range.
Sounds like you're just making more personal attacks.
But don't worry, Commie Bernie will make sure everyone gets a house. And a Puppy.
He really triggers you, doesn't he?
Missed my point entirely.
You had one?

Bernie never promised me any of those things and that's not why I voted for him. If you don't care about our political and economic concerns why do you expect us to vote with you?

Oh, I don't know, maybe you should look at the bigger picture like a grownup. Heck, I personally didn't like Hillary, but she was better than the alternatives. The fact that Bernie's Communism and Trump's Fascism appeal to so much of the country should really kind of terrify you.

Really? You seem really salty about 2016....

Oh, absolutely. I served in the military for 11 years, protecting this country and her constitution, and watching so many people willing to throw it away annoys me.

I've lived in all sorts of places and my family is from a third world country where poor people use aluminum siding for roofs. Homelessness is worse than your dirty hallway.

If you're homeless, don't make more kids. The craziness was giving these people vouchers and putting them in neighborhoods where the people work hard to have nice things. So we had shit like 5 people in a one-bedroom, trash in the halls and people passed out by their front doors. It was a nice condo association, but they made the mistake of not imposing an "Owner Occupancy" rule, so when owners moved to something better, they rented out to any dreg who could come up with a Section 8 voucher.

The next place I bought- I made sure they had an owner occupancy rule in place.

I don't know what you're trying to say here.
That when you make it profitable to give homes to dregs, you really don't get the best people. You see, when the Housing market collapsed in 2008, these units could get snapped up for a song, and they were. The people who bought them were willing to rent to anyone, and this is where we started getting the Section 8 people.

Sounds like you're just making more personal attacks.
No, I just wonder how someone could have a well-paying job and not be able to put a roof over her head.

He really triggers you, doesn't he?
Yeah, because I know enough history to know his kinds of promises, we end up like Venezuela, eating our dogs and cats.

Forum List

Back