Morality Defined

AssHatZombie

Mar 18, 2009
Morality is a set of attitudes and behaviors which facilitate, voluntary, cooperative, and mutually beneficial relationships.

Or living your life in such a way that minimizes harm to others and maximizes happiness, comfort, or fulfillment of oneself and others.

I just made that up. Where is your definition from?

Last edited:
Or living your life in such a way that minimizes harm to others and maximizes happiness, comfort, or fulfillment of oneself and others.

Where is your definition from?

I like yours. I made mine up on my own, being tired of all the bs in the world.

Most people don't even believe in a fixed form of any morality. They believe it's fluid and that they will be told what's right by authority figures.

All individuals have the right to exercise sole dominion over their own lives, and have the right to live in whatever manner they choose, so long as they do not forcibly interfere with the equal right of others to live in whatever manner they choose.

All individuals have the right to exercise sole dominion over their own lives, and have the right to live in whatever manner they choose, so long as they do not forcibly interfere with the equal right of others to live in whatever manner they choose.

Not good enough. Many merely rely on the state and an insane monetary system to perpetuate violence and evil onto others, even if they don't realize they're doing it, or don't understand the inherent violence and totalitarianism of a state which derives it's power from a fiat currency system.

Not good enough. Many merely rely on the state and an insane monetary system to perpetuate violence and evil onto others, even if they don't realize they're doing it, or don't understand the inherent violence and totalitarianism of a state which derives it's power from a fiat currency system.

That's covered in the part that says "so long as they do not forcibly interfere with the equal right of others to live in whatever manner they choose."

That's covered in the part that says "so long as they do not forcibly interfere with the equal right of others to live in whatever manner they choose."

No. Because using the state and cops to do the dirty work doesn't excuse them.

Ahem. If you used the 'State' and the 'Cops' to do your dirty work, that would be tantamount to 'forcibly interfering with the equal rights of others'.

Ahem. If you used the 'State' and the 'Cops' to do your dirty work, that would be tantamount to 'forcibly interfering with the equal rights of others'.

No. That's standing idly by while others do the dirty work.

AHZ has a point.

If some one chose to live by crime(murder, rape, and so forth) would not the state wish to intefere with that persons life choice?

Also, if the state did choose to intefere in the life choice of a rapist, murder, theif and such, after the state proved these individuals were what they are, would you then decide to overthrow said government because it did not confront to your view?

Understand, I do acknowledge that the perps(criminals) are going against your ideas of how to live, but what stops people from doing so in the first place. We have a habit of not agreeing with what others think is best.

No. That's standing idly by while others do the dirty work.

Who are these people that do the 'dirty work' if everyone lives according to what I posted?

Right now they are cops and other enforcers for the state and private abusers. Your definition is mostly fine but a bit myopic.

I guess the problem here is that most people consider the government a generally moral entity which enforces reasonable things to promote fairness and success.

Morality?!

I'd just be pleased if people showed a little courtesy.

Expecting people to be moral according to my standards?

That truly would be asking too much.

Morality?!

I'd just be pleased if people showed a little courtesy.

Expecting people to be moral according to my standards?

That truly would be asking too much.

I think ethics and morality is not about what other people do or don't do. They are principles or guidelines for ourselves to follow.

You've posted here for a spell. In my observation, asking for courtesy is too much.

Forum List

Back