Montecito Evacuation

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
Yesterday it was pelting rain and most of the creeks were overflowing and mud was everywhere. It wasn't as bad as 5 years ago, but the traffic was horrendous. It took me 2.5 hours to drive home from Montecito to Ventura. Normally, it's a 30 minute drive. The Southbound 101 freeway was the only way out. The Northbound 101 was closed to all traffic at the 101/33 freeway junction in Ventura. The Ventura River which is normally dry, was swollen and 25 feet deep just before it exited into the ocean.

Matilija-Dam-By-Eric-Graves.jpg

The picture above is the Matilija Dam North of Ojai. All that water spilling over the dam is on it's way to Ventura.

Last edited:
The same defective people who believe in vaccination mandates, shutdowns, everything is racist and suppression of free speech will also be the ones to blame this on global warming. Democrats just don't make good Americans. MAGA
Why do you bother waking up in the mornings?

The same defective people who believe in vaccination mandates, shutdowns, everything is racist and suppression of free speech will also be the ones to blame this on global warming. Democrats just don't make good Americans. MAGA
What a fucking moron.

Hope you are ok okfine, you folks are getting hammered. More severe drought, and torrential rains. It's all been predicted.

What a fucking moron.

Hope you are ok okfine, you folks are getting hammered. More severe drought, and torrential rains. It's all been predicted.
It's very quiet at home right now and not raining. More rain is expected, though. There are no cars on the 101 freeway, which is nearby my place.
I heard a boy was swept away yesterday by the San Ysidro creek.

It's very quiet at home right now and not raining. More rain is expected, though. There are no cars on the 101 freeway, which is nearby my place.
I heard a boy was swept away yesterday by the San Ysidro creek.
Is it worse than 2017? From the video you posted, it showed a raging creek in some kind of canal that was built after the 2017 floods and they said "it was doing its job", but coastal roads are going to crumble, undercut by erosion.

Is it worse than 2017? From the video you posted, it showed a raging creek in some kind of canal that was built after the 2017 floods and they said "it was doing its job", but coastal roads are going to crumble, undercut by erosion.
That creek has been heavily re-engineered and so far it has been doing a good job. Up Hot Springs Road is where the San Ysidro Creek wiped out most of the San Ysidro Ranch Resort. TV news showed it last night. It looks like it may have destroyed parts of it again.

The same defective people who believe in vaccination mandates, shutdowns, everything is racist and suppression of free speech will also be the ones to blame this on global warming.
Why do you bother waking up in the mornings?

What a fucking moron.

Ellen DeGeneres called for climate-change action as she stood alongside a roaring creek behind her Montecito home on Monday.

Ellen DeGeneres called for climate-change action as she stood alongside a roaring creek behind her Montecito home on Monday.

She buys and sells RE making huge profits in Moneycito. No secret about that and her supposed tree-hugging.

Forum List

Back