Monsterland on Hulu

EvilCat Breath

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2016
Worth skipping.
Primarily it is a vehicle to get minorities face time on the screen. Secondly the monsters are all new modern monsters that we have in everyday life.

The first monster is a mother whose life is being destroyed by daughters tantrums. At a roadside diner Mom finds an unlocked car, puts her sleeping child in the backseat and drives off.

Second monster is a poverty stricken teen boy with a cancer suffering mother. He is bedevilled by a shadow creature. It doesn't do anything. It's just there. The boy builds a light gun out of common household utensils. There are sound effects of automatic weapons fire when he turns it on. The shadow creature gets on his knees hands in the air when the monster turns on the light and obliterates him. So much for the murderer of innocent shadow people.

Monster three is a child molesting white doctor who married a poverty stricken black woman struggling to take care of her son. As an adult the son confronts his mother about the molestation he suffered claiming his mother was the real monster because she sold out her son and all the child patients for the money.

That was as far as I could stomach with this boring porridge.

hmm... I don't see how the first episode put minorities on the screen?
The 1st episode...I don't remember any black people in that episode?
The 2nd episode...same thing? I don't believe there were any black people in it either.
Not seeing what you are talking about?

My own take is the first episode was pretty decent. Well acted. 2nd episode was also well acted, but a bit confusing with a lousy ending. And you are aware that shadow people is not new? It is old lore.

According to HULU Monsterland is a vehicle to put minorities on the screen. Bless you. You didn't even notice that the babysitter in the first episode was black. That's the kind of social fabric the left is trying to weave. No matter.

There are no monsters in Monsterland. There are no scary modern monsters. The shadow figure wasn't the monster. The teen boy was the Columbine style monster slaughtering shadowmen. Hands up don't shoot. This is as big a disappointment as Room 104.

Oh there is a liberal push... but I don't see minorities as it.
yes, who could miss the "hands up don't shoot" image of the shadow walker. That I saw, although it was dumb to put it in there because the shadow walker is destroying his life, so it loses it's meaning.

All in all the series is okay. It is well acted, I will give it that. But rather shallow. Not much depth here.
I doubt we watch the last episode, if we are bored maybe.

Forum List

Back