Monsanto - The Most Slandered Company in World History

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
All you hear is how evil this company is. That they are killing off the honeybees, causing birth defects in children, creating a terminator seed to kill life and oh my favorite Monsanto is run by Jews to destroy the world (because a great conspiracy can't have anyone other than the Jews as the devil)!

Jewish conspiracy theory:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...4j7QfKbHRUMXWMA&bvm=bv.71778758,d.aWw&cad=rja

Nevertheless, the companies goal is to feed the world and reduce food prices. Yes they modify crops and cross-breed crops, but this has been done throughout history. The modify the crops to be resistant to pests, insect-ides and weeds. The modify the crops to lower the harvest time frames and increase yields.

Famine around the world is still an issue. Even a bigger issue that touches all of us is that inflation has increased food prices so much more and more of the family disposable income goes to buying food. Heck in the US food stamps are at an all time high.

Yet the company that is seeking to make farming easier, quicker and more efficient get demonized and protested unmercifully!

Spoken like a true corporate moron. If you have a law degree, it's out of charity.

This should be a little more informative than the little pathetic OP rant ....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUd9rRSLY4A]Seeds Of Death - Full Movie - YouTube[/ame]

Spoken like a true corporate moron. If you have a law degree, it's out of charity.

Actually YOU are a uninformed little ignorant person who GETS all your news from the grossly EXAGGERATED MSM!
The MSM takes the EXCEPTIONS and blows them up to be the RULE and idiots like you believe it!

I mean you really really think that a MAJOR company would GO out of it's way to KILL OFF it's customers???

HOW f..king stupid you are!

But you see idiots like you believe that EVERY time the news takes Crisis position i.e. gun banning for example
because 8 kids get shot in ONE incident when over the last 80 years less then 300 people have been killed!
YET idiots like you blow it so far out of proportion... these exceptions are NOT THE RULE!
99% of the day is very very boring mundane simple good people do their work and living their lives!
YET idiots like you can't comprehend that if the MSM blowing out of proportion events such as Monsanto WERE
the RULE you dummy.... we wouldn't be alive!!!

Actually YOU are a uninformed little ignorant person who GETS all your news from the grossly EXAGGERATED MSM!
The MSM takes the EXCEPTIONS and blows them up to be the RULE and idiots like you believe it!

I mean you really really think that a MAJOR company would GO out of it's way to KILL OFF it's customers???

But you see idiots like you believe that EVERY time the news takes Crisis position i.e. gun banning for example
because 8 kids get shot in ONE incident when over the last 80 years less then 300 people have been killed!
YET idiots like you blow it so far out of proportion... these exceptions are NOT THE RULE!
99% of the day is very very boring mundane simple good people do their work and living their lives!
YET idiots like you can't comprehend that if the MSM blowing out of proportion events such as Monsanto WERE

You wouldn't be repeating this nonsense if you lived in a community that relies heavily on family farms.

I'll bypass throwing the moronic vitriol back in your face, but will leave you with this thought-

There are causes and issues that transcend party politics. Just because a lot of leftist tree hugging goons have a problem with the relationship between the Feds and Monsanto, does not mean they are wrong. Grow up.

You wouldn't be repeating this nonsense if you lived in a community that relies heavily on family farms.

I'll bypass throwing the moronic vitriol back in your face, but will leave you with this thought-

There are causes and issues that transcend party politics. Just because a lot of leftist tree hugging goons have a problem with the relationship between the Feds and Monsanto, does not mean they are wrong. Grow up.

Monsanto helps the family farmers. However, like everything big business is able to out compete the mom and pop farms. Just as the big box stores have done.

I am sure there are, but your vitriol isn't making your case. You should try explaining what the fuck your idiotic beef with Monsato is so that intelligent people can point out how wrong you are.

All you hear is how evil this company is. That they are killing off the honeybees, causing birth defects in children, creating a terminator seed to kill life and oh my favorite Monsanto is run by Jews to destroy the world (because a great conspiracy can't have anyone other than the Jews as the devil)!

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...4j7QfKbHRUMXWMA&bvm=bv.71778758,d.aWw&cad=rja

Nevertheless, the companies goal is to feed the world and reduce food prices. Yes they modify crops and cross-breed crops, but this has been done throughout history. The modify the crops to be resistant to pests, insect-ides and weeds. The modify the crops to lower the harvest time frames and increase yields.

Famine around the world is still an issue. Even a bigger issue that touches all of us is that inflation has increased food prices so much more and more of the family disposable income goes to buying food. Heck in the US food stamps are at an all time high.

Yet the company that is seeking to make farming easier, quicker and more efficient get demonized and protested unmercifully!

Easier if one uses only Monsanto seeds and pesticides.

Monsato isn't the only company on the planet, feel free to buy from Bayer, the company that is actually killing the bees.

Interesting how big pharma has worked it's way into the agri-business.

Actually its normally all rolled up into the "Life Science Chemicals" business.

Once upon a time, chemical companies were back integrated to produce all the upstream products needed to make consumer pharmaceuticals, insecticides, herbacides, etc., which require, quite a number of complicated, multistage synthesis to manufacture the complicated molecules. Thus, if you have the pots-'n-pans to make a herbacide, then you probably have the pots-'n-pans to make a pharmaceutical, or any other "Life Science Chemical."

Now, most of these companies, including Monsanto, have spun off their basic chemical factories and businesses (Monsanto begot Solutia, Rhone-Poulenc begot Rhodia, Ciba-Geigy begot....well you get the picture). The purpose for these spin-offs was to allow investors to distinguish the rather high-risk/reward Life Science firms with the Lower Risk/Reward of very cyclical basic chemical manufacturers.

Betchya which you hadn't though it was so interesting now, dontchya.

Monsato isn't the only company on the planet, feel free to buy from Bayer, the company that is actually killing the bees.

Indeed.

And Monsanto certainly is not as infamous as Apple in tieing together the use of one product with the necessity to use another.

Try buying a power plug for a new I-phone. The OLD power plug won't work. You gotta buy a NEW I-phone power plug for the NEW I-phone until the Chinese figure out how to make cheap knock-offs that will never quite fit into the I-phone prompting a continual struggle to unplug the damn things.

:mad:

Interesting how big pharma has worked it's way into the agri-business.

Actually its normally all rolled up into the "Life Science Chemicals" business.

Once upon a time, chemical companies were back integrated to produce all the upstream products needed to make consumer pharmaceuticals, insecticides, herbacides, etc., which require, quite a number of complicated, multistage synthesis to manufacture the complicated molecules. Thus, if you have the pots-'n-pans to make a herbacide, then you probably have the pots-'n-pans to make a pharmaceutical, or any other "Life Science Chemical."

Now, most of these companies, including Monsanto, have spun off their basic chemical factories and businesses (Monsanto begot Solutia, Rhone-Poulenc begot Rhodia, Ciba-Geigy begot....well you get the picture). The purpose for these spin-offs was to allow investors to distinguish the rather high-risk/reward Life Science firms with the Lower Risk/Reward of very cyclical basic chemical manufacturers.

Betchya which you hadn't though it was so interesting now, dontchya.

oh hell-----money isn't all that interesting :lol:

Better Living through Chemistry !

Forum List

Back