Mom expecting gifts on her childrens birthdays

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
What in the world I never heard of this before? Is this some foreign custom I am not aware of?

Woman Is Kicked Out Of Parents' House On Her Birthday After Losing It When Everyone Gave Her Mom Luxurious Gifts And She Got Some Dishware Instead | Bored Panda
Woman Is Kicked Out Of Parentsā€™ House On Her Birthday After Losing It When Everyone Gave Her Mom Luxurious Gifts And She Got Some Dishware Instead

Just because you have a kid, doesnā€™t mean that they ā€˜belongā€™ to you. It also doesnā€™t mean that you should expect to be praised by them for giving them the miracle of life every chance that you want. However, for some parents, getting a gift on Motherā€™s or Fatherā€™s Day or their birthdays isnā€™t enough. No, some parents expect gifts on their childrenā€™s birthdays, too, from all of them.

Thatā€™s exactly what happened to redditor u/ThrowawayBirthdayx96, a 25-year-old with three younger siblings, and an incredibly entitled mom. On each of their birthdays, their mom would get gifts, too.

What in the world I never heard of this before? Is this some foreign custom I am not aware of?

Woman Is Kicked Out Of Parents' House On Her Birthday After Losing It When Everyone Gave Her Mom Luxurious Gifts And She Got Some Dishware Instead | Bored Panda
Woman Is Kicked Out Of Parentsā€™ House On Her Birthday After Losing It When Everyone Gave Her Mom Luxurious Gifts And She Got Some Dishware Instead

Just because you have a kid, doesnā€™t mean that they ā€˜belongā€™ to you. It also doesnā€™t mean that you should expect to be praised by them for giving them the miracle of life every chance that you want. However, for some parents, getting a gift on Motherā€™s or Fatherā€™s Day or their birthdays isnā€™t enough. No, some parents expect gifts on their childrenā€™s birthdays, too, from all of them.

Thatā€™s exactly what happened to redditor u/ThrowawayBirthdayx96, a 25-year-old with three younger siblings, and an incredibly entitled mom. On each of their birthdays, their mom would get gifts, too.
That's just weird. But, yeah, my kid belongs to me.

I have an official Mom card AND I am not afraid to use it especially if I suspect fuckery. No gifts required.

Really. Started when I was a kid. She always worked hard to make birthdays special for me and I wanted to tell her how much I appreciated everything she did.
That's absolutely beautiful. It's one of the kindest things I've read.

That's absolutely beautiful. It's one of the kindest things I've read.
We were poor, my mother worked hard to support us and my brothers were assholes to my mom when they didn't get what they wanted when they wanted it. It just became important to me to let my mother know whenever I could how I appreciated her hard work.

Really. Started when I was a kid. She always worked hard to make birthdays special for me and I wanted to tell her how much I appreciated everything she did.
It sounds like that what you did was something that you yourself thought of and you did it at your own free will. The "mother" making the headline here may as well be a monster. If there has ever been a year that you didn't give your mom something on what is really your special day, how did she respond?

God bless you and your family always!!!

Holly

P.S. In my opinion, mothers already have several other occasions where they can receive gifts: their own birthday, Christmas/Hanukkah, Mother's Day, and Valentine's Day. To me, a gift on the birthday for any child that they give birth to is not necessary when they already have Mother's Day to look forward to.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back