MOe's Air Fryer thread...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
I've become a little obsessed with the air fryer...so I figured I'd share as I learned.

Been experimenting with air fryer skillet cornbread the last few day.

I'm getting pretty close to perfecting it.

I started here...

...and I'm getting pretty close...

IMG_20221019_130244381~2.jpg

Today for lunch it's ham and cheese rolls.

Man are these good for a quick hot snack on a cold day.

IMG_20221020_125216938.jpg

The Wife and I have one but it's too damn small to be of real use.
We did get the Breville oven that claims to be an air fryer but we havent used it for that purpose yet.
We bought it mainly as a supplement to our home oven because homes dont come with two ovens since the advent of the microwave.
It's frustrating as hell when trying to make multiple dishes without two ovens.
Going to have to try the Air Fryer function.

1666289332325.png

We did get the Breville oven that claims to be an air fryer but we havent used it for that purpose yet.
We bought it mainly as a supplement to our home oven because homes dont come with two ovens since the advent of the microwave.

View attachment 712969
I had one similar and the air fryer option wasnt very good. It was just like the oven option.
Nothing can replace an actual air fryer lol

I had one similar and the air fryer option wasnt very good. It was just like the oven option.
Nothing can replace an actual air fryer lol

Thats what I'm thinking.
But when you stop and think about it an air fryer really isnt that different than a convection oven.
I'd say the biggest difference would be the amount of air that flows through the oven would be greater in an actual air fryer.
One of these days I'll at least set it to air fryer mode and see how much air it pushes.

I dont remember what brand mine is but it wasnt cheap. Certainly not 400 though lol. Maybe that could make a difference!

I hope so.
The Wife was talking about getting a bigger air fryer so I told Her she has to try out the Breville first.
We have enough shit in the kitchen even after turning the formal dining room into a large storage room for all of our kitchen shit.
We've added two more shelving units since this these pics were taken and they're getting full.

04757BEB-5F57-4474-8725-AD8330959090.jpegD1154841-B940-4963-9DFC-7A7FA88AF64A.jpeg

View attachment 712969
We have the Ninja SP100 that looks like a squat version of that one.

www.amazon.com/Ninja-Toaster-Flip-Away-Dehydrate-Capacity/dp/B091P5BLTP

We haven't tried it yet...so let me know what you think of yours.

In the next few days I'm going to try the Ninja to make air fryer crab rangoons.

If you want to give it a try first, it won't hurt my feelings.

We have the Ninja SP100 that looks like a squat version of that one.

www.amazon.com/Ninja-Toaster-Flip-Away-Dehydrate-Capacity/dp/B091P5BLTP

We haven't tried it yet...so let me know what you think of yours.

In the next few days I'm going to try the Ninja to make air fryer crab rangoons.

If you want to give it a try first, it won't hurt my feelings.

We've had the Brevelli for a couple of years now and haven't used it for anything but another oven.
It heats up really fast and doesnt make the kitchen hot.
We actually use it more than the oven.

Not judging here but isnt the air fryer mainly used to cut oils out of your diet?
Making cornbread or cooking a steak isn't any healthier in the air fryer than it wood be out of the oven or stove top.
Is it substantially faster than traditional methods?

We were talkin' grits in that other thread... Pete7469 ...so I made a big pot of grits day before yesterday...enough for leftovers...and put the remainder in shallow Tupperware. The next morning I reheated one in the microwave, and it was great. Today I cut some up and air fried them...400° for 10 minutes turning at halfway.

IMG_20221023_154940162~2.jpg

Just a little butter and they were Deeelicious. Had them with an air fried egg with ham and cheese and a sliced avocado.

Not judging here but isnt the air fryer mainly used to cut oils out of your diet?
Making cornbread or cooking a steak isn't any healthier in the air fryer than it wood be out of the oven or stove top.
Oh yeah. Faster ... cheaper, easier clean up and mostly set it and forget it.

I have two identical models of Bella 2.9 qt ..a red one and a blue one. Like for breakfast I can do a couple of silicone egg cups in one...just stick the in and in 8 minutes they are done...don't have to mess with them.

In the other I'll do fried potatoes...15 minutes they are done and all I had to do is shake em a time or two.

When the eggs come out I do a couple pieces of toast...and all the while I'm cutting up fruit or making a smootie.

At the end of 15 minutes I'm done and breakfast is served.

I've found that an air fryer requires about 25% less time to cook everthing I've made so far.

The first day I had it I stuck in one of those pre-seasoned Smithfield pork tenderloins. Cut it in half and put it in for 22 minutes...no preheat. Came out perfect...I mean perfect. A little char on the outside and moist and perfectly cooked on the inside. I was sold.

There is no oil in steak unless you cook it in a frying pan with added oil. A good steak should be marbled with fat.

Forum List

Back