Mods: Will the "no gloating" rule be in effect on Wednesday?

Mods are volunteers? I thought they were handpicked by the Gods! :eek:

Pretty sure they are picked by Gunny.

I'm pretty sure Gunny comes from a place a little further south from where traditional gods lie.

:lol::lol:

According to Mr. Foxfyre, Gunny comes from God's country. And the reason Cowboy stadium has a hole in the roof is so that God can watch his team play.

And that, really, in the end will be much closer to reality and much closer to the truth than any thought that any message board won't have good guys, smart people, good eggs, idiots, numbnuts, and other exercises in futility. I think we all love USMB because the Mods keep the worst in check without over censoring the rest.

So yeah, let's move on and be grateful this campaign wasn't as bad as the last one so far as the idiot factor is concerned. At least it hasn't been for me. :)

Creating an artificial environment? It's ALREADY Dodge City. Nothing artificial about it.

No if you want to talk about some sore losers .... how about midterms 2006 when Congress rolled over to the left and/or the 2008 Presidential election? I saw some sore losers on the right who I could SWEAR talked for 6 months about not voting at all. No one to blame for those losses but themselves.

Same goes now.

The bigger point is, we spend to much time changing diapers of petty little personal slights as it is. I don't need 200 new threads saying "Nyah Nyah .. I told You So".[/QUOTE]

o come now...you can say it in just one thread.....

Try going back and reading my first posts. Nobody's won anything here. Except the career politicians and career politician wannabe's.

And whoever gets to pocket what's left over from $4 billion in campaign contributions from both "sides."

Frankly, I don't know about anyone else, but win/lose/happy/sad/mad, I'm personally finding myself in a very relaxed state of mind--almost giddy--now that this election cycle is finally over. Bring it on, and I might just pos rep you! (I wonder if I'm dying or something. I've heard that's a clue.)

Frankly, I don't know about anyone else, but win/lose/happy/sad/mad, I'm personally finding myself in a very relaxed state of mind--almost giddy--now that this election cycle is finally over. Bring it on, and I might just pos rep you! (I wonder if I'm dying or something. I've heard that's a clue.)

Give pos rep is a sign that you're dying??

I know some people around here that are going to live forever! :eek:

I agree.... I think it's post election relaxation! :lol:

If you die can I have your rep points?

We all have that glow with the messy "just got fucked" hair. :D

No political ads!

I could have had a nice dinner with the wife, if they sent me a dollar instead of a mailing.

Give pos rep is a sign that you're dying??

I know some people around here that are going to live forever! :eek:

No, suddenly feeling unusually happy happy happy all the time. (But I guess that's not entirely true. All those smileys certain people constantly use at the end of every sentence still pisses me off.)

No political ads!

I could have had a nice dinner with the wife, if they sent me a dollar instead of a mailing.

I want all television and radio ads to be limited to the candidate running for office only--nobody else can put out an ad on his/her behalf. (Yeah, yeah I know that violates the First Amendment but we can dream can't we?) And when the person is giving his spiel in the ad, I want him or her to be hooked up to a visible lie detector.

Those ads I would watch and enjoy.

Now as to telephone calls.......how about some kind of electronic device that allows us to blow up the callers phone? Especially when the call comes at dinner time or during the best punch line or the winning touchdown or whatever?

We all have that glow with the messy "just got fucked" hair. :D

Yeah, that's it. I need a cigarette.

No political ads!

I used to get a lot of mailers until I sold my house and now I rent. I think they must buy mailing lists from your friendly property tax assessor.

No political ads!

I want all television and radio ads to be limited to the candidate running for office only--nobody else can put out an ad on his/her behalf. (Yeah, yeah I know that violates the First Amendment but we can dream can't we?) And when the person is giving his spiel in the ad, I want him or her to be hooked up to a visible lie detector.

Those ads I would watch and enjoy.

Now as to telephone calls.......how about some kind of electronic device that allows us to blow up the callers phone? Especially when the call comes at dinner time or during the best punch line or the winning touchdown or whatever?

To your first request, you can thank the USSC's decision in the Citizens United case which allowed for all of that.

Forum List

Back