Zone1 Mods closing/moving active threads should give a reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you should take a hint, Tommy.

I explained why you keep getting shut down in your second thread on this topic, just before it got shut down.

Learn from your mistakes.

So, it's a bunch of racists yelling at a racist with mysogyinist music in the background? Enjoy what you enjoy, but don't expect compliments on your cleverness for posting it for the third time.

I think you should take a hint, Tommy.

I explained why you keep getting shut down in your second thread on this topic, just before it got shut down.

Learn from your mistakes.
But what if the second time around the discussion stayed civil? Isn't that the goal for all threads?

Update. A mod has explained to me why it was closed.

Too inflamatory and bad language in the video.

I dont agree but I believe it was done in good faith.

But what if the second time around the discussion stayed civil? Isn't that the goal for all threads?
I couldn't "stay civil" because it did not start off civil. It was pure taunting by Tommy.

There are forums where he is welcome to do that, but zone 1 forums are not that.

Obviously we are on a partisan board where topics that arent to their taste are binned.
It kind of undermines the much vaunted free speech that we hear so much about.

Its very poor behaviour.

Tommy. What part of Zone 1 rules have you not read or understood? Your reason is in the PM, you just received. If you wish to discuss, answer the PM, but not here or this thread will be locked and trash canned.

I didn't see any of that in the second thread!
It was in the video Tommy posted. I see tommy claims it was the video that got the thread shut down.

BTW, I was wrong about one thing, so I'll admit it. The mysogynistic music was in another tic-toc video that kept playing after the one Tommy posted.

Maybe the whole idea of putting the forum about race relations in Zone 1 is unreastic. But that's the rule, and if Tommy can't follow a simple rule like clean start, he should post elsewhere.

I was told by a mod that they ignore bad language.

Tommy. What part of Zone 1 rules have you not read or understood? Your reason is in the PM, you just received. If you wish to discuss, answer the PM, but not here or this thread will be locked and trash canned.
Ive answered your pm. I understand your reasns but I disagree with your decision.
Following your logic you cant illustrate racism by showing racism on a racism forum. That doesnt make sense.

I couldn't "stay civil" because it did not start off civil. It was pure taunting by Tommy.

There are forums where he is welcome to do that, but zone 1 forums are not that.
How was it taunting? He said this was an important topic, which it was and he posted that disturbing video. If the video depicts real events, how is that taunting?

It was in the video Tommy posted. I see tommy claims it was the video that got the thread shut down.

BTW, I was wrong about one thing, so I'll admit it. The mysogynistic music was in another tic-toc video that kept playing after the one Tommy posted.

Maybe the whole idea of putting the forum about race relations in Zone 1 is unreastic. But that's the rule, and if Tommy can't follow a simple rule like clean start, he should post elsewhere.
The video was real life! So what are we supposed to discuss in this forum.....FAKE LIFE!

How was it taunting? He said this was an important topic, which it was and he posted that disturbing video. If the video depicts real events, how is that taunting?
The title was "Harrison, Arkansas, the most racist town in America." His OP was:

1665252026792.png

The video was real life! So what are we supposed to discuss in this forum.....FAKE LIFE!
It was heavily edited.

We could discuss how racist BLM is, I suppose. But if I started a thread about in zone 1 that as titled "BLM, the most racist groups in America" and posted a video of BLM looting and rioting and said "it sort of reminds me of many posters on USMB," I would expect the thread to be shut down.

The title was "Harrison, Arkansas, the most racist town in America." His OP was:

View attachment 707412

It was heavily edited.

We could discuss how racist BLM is, I suppose. But if I started a thread about in zone 1 that as titled "BLM, the most racist groups in America" and posted a video of BLM looting and rioting and said "it sort of reminds me of many posters on USMB," I would expect the thread to be shut down.
But he didn't say that. So why don't you just come out and say, unequivocally, that the ultimate goal of the forum is not a civil discussion, but for posters to obey the rules at all costs!

But he didn't say that.
Obviously he didnt' say that about BLM, but he said this town, and compared the town to USMB posters.
So why don't you just come out and say, unequivocally, that the ultimate goal of the forum is not a civil discussion, but for posters to obey the rules at all costs!
The rules serve the purpose of a civil discussion.

Are they perfect? No.

The race relations forum can either be non-existent, in a zone 1 forum, or in a zone 1 forum. Downsides to all three, but the board chose the latter option. Don't like it, start your own board.

Tommy, the issue needs to be discussed but I'm not sure the public forum is the best place.

The issue is that the OP has no control over the comments and so a moderator shouldn't be closing a thread for that reason.

The offending comments and commenters should be dealt with.

All I can do is to invite the head moderator to consider your complaint. If they don't want to deal with it, there's probably nothing can be done.

I won't get specific on my criticisms on the public forum but I invite a discussion in private with the moderation team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back