Modern U.S. Slavery

Thatguy

Rookie
Aug 11, 2013
I wonder how many people out there know that Benjamin Franklin had to go to another state to escape an indentured apprenticeship. Even so, screwing people over has always been the bread and butter of our economy. But with so many jobs having gone overseas, it seems that we weren't being screwed enough. Apparently, virtual slavery is easier to come by over there. The rich keep getting richer and the poor keep getting poorer. For those of you who may be benefiting, I don't know how you sleep at night. Maybe instead of imagining sheep jumping over a fence, you imagine Mexicans jumping over a border fence.

The US has been built up via exploitation and slavery. However it doesn't mean that the ideals of what America stood for on paper shouldn't be reached for. I think the principles America claims it stands for are some of the best on earth. No theocratic rule,checks and balances. Civil liberties. Private Property rights. All these things can be obtained without exploitation IMO

I wonder how many people out there know that Benjamin Franklin had to go to another state to escape an indentured apprenticeship. Even so, screwing people over has always been the bread and butter of our economy. But with so many jobs having gone overseas, it seems that we weren't being screwed enough. Apparently, virtual slavery is easier to come by over there. The rich keep getting richer and the poor keep getting poorer. For those of you who may be benefiting, I don't know how you sleep at night. Maybe instead of imagining sheep jumping over a fence, you imagine Mexicans jumping over a border fence.

We sleep because your post is little more than worthless platitudes and falsehoods. Nice try but how about using a fact or 2. I know, you might have to look something up then….

Corporations expand overseas and locals willingly and voluntarily accept jobs to feed their families and increase their standard of living.

That's a funny definition of slavery.

DailyPoltrix,
You spoke of what America stands for on Paper. But that has been eaten through by legal worms and dodged at every point where it butted up against greed. There is a doccumentary out there you need to see. It's called, "The Corporation."
You say that we have no theocratic government. But what about, "In God We Trust" on your money.
Then you mention checks and balances. Well there is a saying in Russia that a fish rots from the head down. I'm not impressed by the checks and balances of Plutocratic, rotting heads.
Then you mention civil liberties. It has always been a part of the human makeup to take what another person has. Only a fool would think that civil liberties couldn't be turned to the same ends.
You then mention the ability to own private property. Sure. You can have it. To a degree. Even then, you won't be able to keep it unless you pay your rent-taxes.
Let me invite you to the real world. Enter, "Our Holy Hell: The Causes, The Solutions" into your web browser. It is a free ebook that you can read on a number of websites.

FA_Q2,
You would do well to read the response I gave to DailyPoltris concerning my post about Slavery in the U.S.

Amazon Tania,
You too should take a glance at the reply I gave to DailyPoltrix. Also, you say that you don't entertain fallacies. But does music entertain you? I have a quote for you from a Frank Zappa song. Concerning the media, its called "I'm The Slime." I would recommend that you listen to the entire song. But here is a passage from it that isn't a fallacy.
"You will obey me while I lead you.
And eat the garbage that I feed you.
Until the day that we don't need you.
Don't go for help.
No one will heed you.
Your mind it totally controlled.
It has been stuffed into my mold.
And you will do as you are told.
Until the rights to you are sold."
Now I myself would have changed the last part a little. I would have said, "And you will continue to do as you are told. Even though the rights to you have been sold.

Amazon Tania,
You too should take a glance at the reply I gave to DailyPoltrix.

I really don't care what you said to someone else. Either address a points to what I said or I'm not going to pay attention to it.

Also, you say that you don't entertain fallacies. But does music entertain you? I have a quote for you from a Frank Zappa song. Concerning the media, its called "I'm The Slime." I would recommend that you listen to the entire song. But here is a passage from it that isn't a fallacy.
"You will obey me while I lead you.
And eat the garbage that I feed you.
Until the day that we don't need you.
Don't go for help.
No one will heed you.
Your mind it totally controlled.
It has been stuffed into my mold.
And you will do as you are told.
Until the rights to you are sold."
Now I myself would have changed the last part a little. I would have said, "And you will continue to do as you are told. Even though the rights to you have been sold.

I don't care...

Slavery...as in forcing some people to labor on behalf of others? Slavery, like when the government institutes laws that will punish those laborers if they don't remit the fruits of their labor to a select group? That kind of slavery?

Yea, we should stop that now.

We have modern day slaves, they are called the Chinese. Workers who get paid pennies a day. Hell, its better than slavery. To feed, clothe, and house slaves here in the states would cost way more than a Chinese worker. And the kicker is we don't even have to crack the whips, the communist regime in China does it for us.

FA_Q2,
You would do well to read the response I gave to DailyPoltris concerning my post about Slavery in the U.S.

Why, it has no substance. When you start claiming that ‘in god we trust’ equates us with a theocracy your credibility is zip. Come up with some real points and substance or your replies are virtually worthless. Funny enough, you actually did hit a few points (like renting our property) but unless you expound upon that with more than a slogan you are simply a broken clock bound to be correct twice a day by sheer coincidence.

Exploitation of man comes in many guises.

Slavery is the most extreme example.

Death to all slavers.

I don't think anything I say to you would be good enough. It is easy enough to recognize somebody who just wants to argue. Please don't bother me with any more of your responses.

I don't think anything I say to you would be good enough. It is easy enough to recognize somebody who just wants to argue. Please don't bother me with any more of your responses.

Someone wants to argue on a political/economic discussion forum? Why that's just crazy...

:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back