MLK's, "I Have a Dream" speech

Otis Mayfield

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2021

"I Have a Dream" is a public speech that was delivered by American civil rights activist and Baptist minister,[2] Martin Luther King Jr., during the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom on August 28, 1963. In the speech, King called for civil and economic rights and an end to racism in the United States. Delivered to over 250,000 civil rights supporters from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C., the speech was a defining moment of the civil rights movement and among the most iconic speeches in American history.[3][4]

Jon Meacham writes that, "With a single phrase, King joined Jefferson and Lincoln in the ranks of men who've shaped modern America".

Other nations wish he were theirs.

Does MLK impress you?

"I Have a Dream" is a public speech that was delivered by American civil rights activist and Baptist minister,[2] Martin Luther King Jr., during the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom on August 28, 1963. In the speech, King called for civil and economic rights and an end to racism in the United States. Delivered to over 250,000 civil rights supporters from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C., the speech was a defining moment of the civil rights movement and among the most iconic speeches in American history.[3][4]

Jon Meacham writes that, "With a single phrase, King joined Jefferson and Lincoln in the ranks of men who've shaped modern America".

Other nations wish he were theirs.

Does MLK impress you?

Until MLK and his friends the US was just a big fucking con wanking off over bogus freedom and equality.

Conservatives are still misusing Dr King’s I have a dream speech to argue against affirmative action and poverty programs

He knew there was a very good chance he would be murdered. Nevertheless he persisted. Courage like that is admirable no matter who you are.

He knew there was a very good chance he would be murdered. Nevertheless he persisted. Courage like that is admirable no matter who you are.
He was lucky he wasn’t killed in jail

The "Dream" that dumbass Negro had was for America to be Communist and for him to get some White Ho pussy.

Piss on him.

They are based on equal opportunities for all
Dr King was a firm believer that Affirmative Action was necessary

A society that has done something special against the Negro for hundreds of years must now do something special for the Negro."

Lol, I have to say that I question this statement from MLK Jr. I tried top go to your source within the one you linked that was to go
to his conversation with Haley which was at https://playboysfw.kinja.com/martin-luther-king-jr-a-candid-conversation-with-the-n-1502354861
What I ended up with to try and fact check your facts was:

404 / Blog not found: playboysfw.kinja.com​

Thanks RW, what a waste of time.

No one, not even the people who wanted him dead, doubted that he was a man of God. Killing a minister of any color might get you in trouble with the lord.

A lot of powerful men were smart enough not to make MLK a martyr.

RW, when you spend trillions and there really isn't a gain, but actually a decline with dependency?
I think you're a bit screwed up, son.
If people get a roof over their head, food, healthcare
Is that a gain?

What have we gained by spending trillions on a global military?
What did $2 trillion in Afghanistan get us?

It comes down to priorities son

Forum List

Back