MLB Ump's "Cival [sic] War" call

>> Major League umpires, you’d assume, would be sticklers for the rules, but not veteran ump Rob Drake. As the World Series was kicking off in Houston on Tuesday, the 10-year veteran tweeted out his own violent, anarchic thoughts on the impeachment inquiry currently underway in the Capitol. “I will be buying an AR-15 tomorrow, because if you impeach MY PRESIDENT this way, YOU WILL HAVE ANOTHER CIVAL WAR!!! #MAGA2020.”

The 50-year-old quickly deleted the tweet, which echoed the far-right “civil war” talking point that has seeped into the brains of the Trumpiest of Americans. The apparent logic being: It’s totally fine, patriotic even, to take up arms against your own country if a call doesn’t go your way. The idea that it is perfectly acceptable to threaten violence is one that the NRA often uses and foments, under the guise of constitutionality. << --- Ump Buying AR-15 to Shut Out his Own Countrymen

Drake is not involved in the "World" Series but he's now under MLB investigation.

This is the waste product of installing a POTUS bent on division and inciting others to violence. Instant replay:

Sure, Rob Drake should be tossed out of the game, but that's only treating the symptom, not the disease. Chickens coming home to roost; divided we fall.

PB2952

Did he actually go shoot up conservatives like that liberal dude did?

Your short-sighted whataboutism stupidity is absolutely stunning.

2019 El Paso shooting - Wikipedia

On August 3, 2019, a mass shooting occurred at a Walmart store in El Paso, Texas, United States. A gunman shot and killed 22 people[n 1][2] and injured 24 others.[3] The Federal Bureau of Investigation is investigating the shooting as an act of domestic terrorism and a possible hate crime.[4][5]

>> Major League umpires, you’d assume, would be sticklers for the rules, but not veteran ump Rob Drake. As the World Series was kicking off in Houston on Tuesday, the 10-year veteran tweeted out his own violent, anarchic thoughts on the impeachment inquiry currently underway in the Capitol. “I will be buying an AR-15 tomorrow, because if you impeach MY PRESIDENT this way, YOU WILL HAVE ANOTHER CIVAL WAR!!! #MAGA2020.”

The 50-year-old quickly deleted the tweet, which echoed the far-right “civil war” talking point that has seeped into the brains of the Trumpiest of Americans. The apparent logic being: It’s totally fine, patriotic even, to take up arms against your own country if a call doesn’t go your way. The idea that it is perfectly acceptable to threaten violence is one that the NRA often uses and foments, under the guise of constitutionality. << --- Ump Buying AR-15 to Shut Out his Own Countrymen

Drake is not involved in the "World" Series but he's now under MLB investigation.

This is the waste product of installing a POTUS bent on division and inciting others to violence. Instant replay:

Sure, Rob Drake should be tossed out of the game, but that's only treating the symptom, not the disease. Chickens coming home to roost; divided we fall.

PB2952

Your short-sighted whataboutism stupidity is absolutely stunning.

2019 El Paso shooting - Wikipedia

On August 3, 2019, a mass shooting occurred at a Walmart store in El Paso, Texas, United States. A gunman shot and killed 22 people[n 1][2] and injured 24 others.[3] The Federal Bureau of Investigation is investigating the shooting as an act of domestic terrorism and a possible hate crime.[4][5]

No dude, you're missing the point as usual.

PB2952

0d1503ae-75f8-4852-9a12-30120edf51d7-large16x9-new.png

You don't want to play this game; That was the point to the OP. Your emotions are fogging your logic..............again.

Opinion | The Dayton Murderer Is Proof We Need To Take Left-Wing Violence Seriously

PB2952

True.

Although Drake is not representative of all Trump supporters, his arrogance, ignorance, stupidity, and propensity for violence is typical of far too many members of the Trump cult.

In this case the ridiculous, wrongheaded notion that removing Trump from office via the impeachment process – a perfectly legal and Constitutional process – warrants ‘civil war’ and the killing of one’s fellow Americans.

The fact is that Trump isn’t that ‘important’ to merit ‘civil war,’ nor is Trump’s agenda of division, fear, and hate.

PB2952

apparently players are planning to buy AR-15s to use on him if they get a bad call

"call me SAFE or i'll pull out my AR-15!"

I would call it the waste product of liberal social media which is driving Americans apart

In the old days people got angry over the news and made rash comments that were not broadcast to the entire world

Now were are on a downward spiral fueled by lib social media that magnifies every difference of opinion

Truly there is nothing "social" about so-called "social media" which is an advertising bullshit term. I call it antisocial media, for the obvious reason.

But there ain't nothing "Liberal" about it either, unless you're saying that Liberalism made capitalism possible. That's where the whole Profit thing goes awry. It exploits the community for the benefit of the Few.

I sense you don't have a clue in the world what "Liberal" means. Amirite?

Truly there is nothing "social" about so-called "social media" which is an advertising bullshit term. I call it antisocial media, for the obvious reason.

FaceBook, Google, Twitter and the other dominant “anti social” media platforms were all started by and liberals and run by liberals to this day

I give libs credit for that and blame at the same time

I blame the users. Narcissism and lack of self control created these problems, not politics.
Its our political differences that are generating the hate

Because those political differences are being bull horned on those platforms. Using social media is a choice. If it's become so toxic, then the people using it can make a conscious decision to refrain from doing so.

So many people are such sheep, obediently clamoring to jump in any time the TV god tells them to. When some of these junkies were trying to convince me to sign up with Nosebook I asked them all, 'what will this give me that I don't already have?' Nobody could ever answer that, and they still can't. Not sure why people can't figure out to ask that question --- "what for?"

PB2952

apparently players are planning to buy AR-15s to use on him if they get a bad call

"call me SAFE or i'll pull out my AR-15!"

Whelp --- that would sure spike TV ratings.

To be fair, a followup noting Drake did the right thing in response:

>> The longtime major league umpire who earlier this week sent a threatening tweet that included a reference to a rifle has apologized for the post.

In a statement to ESPN's Jeff Passan, Rob Drake expressed regret for the since-deleted tweet and said he'll learn from it.

"Once I read what I had tweeted I realized the violence in those words and have since deleted it," Drake said in the statement Thursday. "I know that I cannot unsay the words, but please accept my sincerest apologies."

..... "I want to personally apologize to everyone that my words made feel less safe," Drake said in the statement. "I especially want to apologize to every person who has been affected by gun violence in our country. I also acknowledge and apologize for the controversy this has brought to Major League Baseball, my fellow umpires and my family. I never intended to diminish the threat of violence from assault weapons, or violence of any kind." << --- ESPN

Maybe more significantly, he deactivated his Tweeter account. And good riddance.

But there ain't nothing "Liberal" about it either, unless you're saying that Liberalism made capitalism possible. That's where the whole Profit thing goes awry. It exploits the community for the benefit of the Few.

I sense you don't have a clue in the world what "Liberal" means. Amirite?

FaceBook, Google, Twitter and the other dominant “anti social” media platforms were all started by and liberals and run by liberals to this day

I give libs credit for that and blame at the same time

I blame the users. Narcissism and lack of self control created these problems, not politics.
Its our political differences that are generating the hate

Because those political differences are being bull horned on those platforms. Using social media is a choice. If it's become so toxic, then the people using it can make a conscious decision to refrain from doing so.

So many people are such sheep, obediently clamoring to jump in any time the TV god tells them to. When some of these junkies were trying to convince me to sign up with Nosebook I asked them all, 'what will this give me that I don't already have?' Nobody could ever answer that, and they still can't. Not sure why people can't figure out to ask that question --- "what for?"

I'll tell you. Facebook is networking for a society of narcissists. The ability to instantly broadcast your message, no matter how stupid or depraved it is, to the public, as well as a smaller captive audience of 'friends' with the click of a button can be intoxicating experience for some. IMO, it's too much power to give to everyday assholes.

PB2952

Wow, you can't just sit back and enjoy the series?

PB2952

Nope. My team ain't in it so who cares. :eusa_hand:

This story isn't about baseball anyway. If it were it would be under Sports.

PB2952

Thanks for teaching me how easily you are manipulated.

PB2952

I'm "manipulated" because I'm not watching baseball?

Allllllllllllllllllll righty then, whatever you need to do to avoid the topic. Thanks for checking in with those uh, salient points. :itsok:

:banana2:

Stop the right wing hate and violence

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Where is that cw2

Now Define hate speech that calls for violence

Definitions are non negotiable

Look it up
woman
[ˈwo͝omən]
NOUN
  1. an adult human female.

PB2952

Allllllllllllllllllll righty then, whatever you need to do to avoid the topic. Thanks for checking in with those uh, salient points. :itsok:

yeah, I didn't think you had the chops to understand the reference. Have a nice night.

PB2952

yeah, I didn't think you had the chops to understand the reference. Have a nice night.

Ensure that the portal doth not injure your posterior as you effect your egress from the chamber and godspeed.

Ensure that the portal doth not injure your posterior as you affect your egress from the chamber and godspeed.
Oh, you're one of those who think the last person to post wins.

I'm sorry.

By all means post again and I'll be sure to ignore it.

Forum List

Back