Mixed reception to feds' COVID-19 response among Canadians as pandemic marches on

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Before some Americans blame your government, we are doing the same in Canada. I think it's largely unfair in both cases, but, this is going to be the end result for us since so many have pushed to remain closed. In Canada, we are about to see the greatest collapse of small and medium sized businesses in our history. Commercial prices and rent are going to plummet with it, I can't see who is going to invest at a time when consumption is near zero and our over funded, civil liberty decimating covert police state, gimmick economy finally catches up to us.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/checkup/wh...ng-canadians-as-pandemic-marches-on-1.5646508

But Hynes said revenue has been "decimated" to about 20 per cent of normal levels — and the federal government's attempts to support businesses have fallen far short of his expectations.

"It's not helpful. It's not even close to being enough," he told Checkup.

Hynes has kept a skeleton crew of full-time workers thanks to the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) and Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS).

Before some Americans blame your government, we are doing the same in Canada. I think it's largely unfair in both cases, but, this is going to be the end result for us since so many have pushed to remain closed. In Canada, we are about to see the greatest collapse of small and medium sized businesses in our history. Commercial prices and rent are going to plummet with it, I can't see who is going to invest at a time when consumption is near zero and our over funded, civil liberty decimating covert police state, gimmick economy finally catches up to us.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/checkup/wh...ng-canadians-as-pandemic-marches-on-1.5646508

But Hynes said revenue has been "decimated" to about 20 per cent of normal levels — and the federal government's attempts to support businesses have fallen far short of his expectations.

Hynes has kept a skeleton crew of full-time workers thanks to the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) and Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS).
I'll say it again. Stats show your chance of dying from Covid to be about 1 in 16,000, about the same as your chances of dying from electrocution or radiation. You stand a 140X greater chance of dying every time you drive your car.

The virus is everywhere, in the air, sooner or later you'll be exposed and you'll either live or die.

Chances are highly in your favor you'll live.

Mask on.

woof.jpg

Just blame it on trump like the Libtards do.

Forum List

Back