Mitten's record on manufacturing

You continually ignore this post. Most likely because it proves you're a lying sack of shit.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/223507-mittens-record-on-manufacturing-2.html#post5280471

I didn't ignore it. In fact it confirms that it was a fundamentally sound company. It's still irrelevant, since it doesn't dispute the fact that Romney raped their pension fund, pushed the company to bankruptcy, and got the US taxpayer to fund the promised pensions (but not at the level the workers were promised.)

The link I provided was BECAUSE of Bain and Romney, dipshit.

You've not offered anything other than opinion, while myself and others he have offered verifiable facts.

You're a bore.

Was Romney in charge when the company struck, because their pension fund was all of a sudden underfunded? Yes. Was it underfunded? Yes, and all Americans payed for it.

Bain, and Romney, were vultures. They'd buy up companies and rape their pension funds.

Do you know there's a difference between public and private?

Of course I do. What does that have to do with "limited liability" companies fucking over the people who spent 30 years making them money? What does it have to do with Bain sucking money out the pension fund, and forcing the taxpayer to pay the freight. What does it have to do with those people receiving a pension winding up with up to $400 less per month.
LAW and liability:eusa_whistle:

Are you really so stupid that you don't understand the laws regarding corporations, that gives the actual owners limited liability? Yeah, that's a rhetorical question.

I didn't ignore it. In fact it confirms that it was a fundamentally sound company. It's still irrelevant, since it doesn't dispute the fact that Romney raped their pension fund, pushed the company to bankruptcy, and got the US taxpayer to fund the promised pensions (but not at the level the workers were promised.)

You've not offered anything other than opinion, while myself and others he have offered verifiable facts.

You're a bore.

Was Romney in charge when the company struck, because their pension fund was all of a sudden underfunded? Yes. Was it underfunded? Yes, and all Americans payed for it.

Bain, and Romney, were vultures. They'd buy up companies and rape their pension funds.

AND YOU have yet to show a case where Romney and BAIN Capital were taken to task on behalf of those that LOST out...by LAW...

Where is it Tick? For the FIFTH time...

You're a bore.

FAIL: Obama Ad Attacks Romney for Bain Bought Company That Laid People Off
It is never noted in the Obama ad that GST Steel had troubles long, long before Bain Capital bought the company. In fact that Bain bought them in the first place is an obvious indicator that the company was in financial trouble. After all, that is what Bain did, buy troubled companies and try to turn them around or shut them down if that proves impossible.

Along those lines, a former GST worker told the National Review, the unions were the ones bleeding GST dry, not Bain.

I nearly choked on my Cheerios when I read that GST employees were blaming Bain for their downfall. I worked at GST Steel in Kansas City for four months in 1997 immediately after leaving the Navy.

Why only four months? Quickly after I started, I surprised to learn that several of my fellow USW Local 13-represented employees, mostly millwrights and electricians, we’re making between $100-130k. This was mainly due union-mandated overtime which, at least on a few occasions, consisted of the employees bringing in sleeping bags and pillows and sleeping in the shop. It would be hard for any company to stay competitive while paying double-time union wages to get their beauty sleep, but that’s not the half of it. The union employees obviously didn’t think they had it easy enough, so they went on strike in March of ‘97. The plant shut down for a couple of weeks until it re-started under the operation of management and non-union workers. The strike lasted a couple more months. I had a family to support, so I couldn’t afford to wait. I took another (non-union) job with another company. They shuttered the plant for good a few years later.

That’s Bain’s fault? Just classic.

Mitt Romney Bain Capital Record Targeted By Obama Campaign

An example -

Kansas City’s GST Steel was a successful company that had been making steel rods for 103 years when Mitt Romney and his partners took control in 1993. They cut corners and extracted profit from the business at every turn, placing it deeply in debt. When the company eventually declared bankruptcy, workers were denied their full pensions and health insurance, and the federal government was forced to step in and bail out the pension fund.

This name-calling is just silly. I think we should show Romney respect by referring to him by his name. So, please call him Willard.

“We welcome the Obama campaign’s attempt to pivot back to jobs and a discussion of their failed record. Mitt Romney helped create more jobs in his private sector experience and more jobs as Governor of Massachusetts than President Obama has for the entire nation. President Obama has many questions to answer as to why his administration used the stimulus to reward wealthy campaign donors with taxpayer money for bad ideas like Solyndra, but 23 million Americans are still struggling to find jobs," -- Andrea Saul

Wow

Blasted Hope Change with both barrels there
homer-doh-squaregreen.jpg

Hey dupe sgo get the real numbers.

then realize you just said government can create jobs

I guess he forgot to say create or SAVE jobs like Obama does, huh!

Mitt Romney Bain Capital Record Targeted By Obama Campaign

An example -

Kansas City’s GST Steel was a successful company that had been making steel rods for 103 years when Mitt Romney and his partners took control in 1993. They cut corners and extracted profit from the business at every turn, placing it deeply in debt. When the company eventually declared bankruptcy, workers were denied their full pensions and health insurance, and the federal government was forced to step in and bail out the pension fund.

This name-calling is just silly. I think we should show Romney respect by referring to him by his name. So, please call him Willard.

I will if you will call Obama Hussein.

You're a bore.

AND YOU have yet to show a case where Romney and BAIN Capital were taken to task on behalf of those that LOST out...by LAW...

What I did show was that the company went belly up, under Bains, and failed to cover their pension. What I did show was that their union went on strike because of their underfunded pension fund. What I did show was the American taxpayer got stuck with the underfunded pension and those workers who earned them got screwed by as much as $400 a month.

Romney was a corporate raper.

2001...Interesting to see how well the Bush administration was investigating companies at that time. Enron?

Even more hypocritical, for many, is the fact that one of Obama’s top bundlers was reportedly a managing director at Bain in 2001, when the much-criticized bankruptcy and layoffs occurred.

Guess he had NOTHING to do with the bankruptcy and such, huh Dickless Tuck-n-run :rofl:

nothing on this, huh, Dickless? :rofl:

What I did show was that the company went belly up, under Bains, and failed to cover their pension. What I did show was that their union went on strike because of their underfunded pension fund. What I did show was the American taxpayer got stuck with the underfunded pension and those workers who earned them got screwed by as much as $400 a month.

2001...Interesting to see how well the Bush administration was investigating companies at that time. Enron?

Post #144 explains why the union went on strike dumbass.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/223507-mittens-record-on-manufacturing-10.html#post5281765

Enron got thier DUE...False dichotomy besides.

WHAT YOU have done is foist an indefensible argument.

You're a bore.

It is never noted in the Obama ad that GST Steel had troubles long, long before Bain Capital bought the company. In fact that Bain bought them in the first place is an obvious indicator that the company was in financial trouble. After all, that is what Bain did, buy troubled companies and try to turn them around or shut them down if that proves impossible.

Along those lines, a former GST worker told the National Review, the unions were the ones bleeding GST dry, not Bain.

I nearly choked on my Cheerios when I read that GST employees were blaming Bain for their downfall. I worked at GST Steel in Kansas City for four months in 1997 immediately after leaving the Navy.

Why only four months? Quickly after I started, I surprised to learn that several of my fellow USW Local 13-represented employees, mostly millwrights and electricians, we’re making between $100-130k. This was mainly due union-mandated overtime which, at least on a few occasions, consisted of the employees bringing in sleeping bags and pillows and sleeping in the shop. It would be hard for any company to stay competitive while paying double-time union wages to get their beauty sleep, but that’s not the half of it. The union employees obviously didn’t think they had it easy enough, so they went on strike in March of ‘97. The plant shut down for a couple of weeks until it re-started under the operation of management and non-union workers. The strike lasted a couple more months. I had a family to support, so I couldn’t afford to wait. I took another (non-union) job with another company. They shuttered the plant for good a few years later.

That’s Bain’s fault? Just classic.

Yet Bain made a huge profit from them. Yet Bain raped their pension fund, under Romney's watch

Oh, and fuck the sleeping bag story. You aren't aware that the furnaces used took up to 8 hours to come up to heat?

Yet Bain made a huge profit from them. Yet Bain raped their pension fund, under Romney's watch

Oh, and fuck the sleeping bag story. You aren't aware that the furnaces used took up to 8 hours to come up to heat?

YOU Idiot...How many times do WE have to explain to you he was GONE, and the timeline isn't there?

Not really. You asked why the Bain people weren't tried. The simple answer is the limited liability they received as stock owners. Add to that the Bush administration didn't give a fuck about corporate malfeasance until they had to.

GST, Steelworkers enter era of calm after 10-week strike - Kansas City Business Journal
The strike ended June 13 when union members and management agreed to a five-and-a-half-year operating contract that complied with union demands to improve pensions and eliminate wage inequities between old and new workers.
According to this, the pension fund issue was resolved while Romney was there. how, inconvenient for you :rofl:

As for the furnace thing? STRAWMAN, thy name is Dickless Tuck-n-Run :rofl:
I think I'll take the word of someone who worked there, however briefly, over you're dumb ass. :rofl:

Not really. You asked why the Bain people weren't tried. The simple answer is the limited liability they received as stock owners. Add to that the Bush administration didn't give a fuck about corporate malfeasance until they had to.

So YOU are saying they either gave UP for no case or lack of interest?

Really?

IF the charges you brought to bear are true? YOU act as if they had a CASE...

WHY didn't they persue as from the AD I heard so many disgruntled voices?

YOU front a piss-poor argument.

You know T, I honestly think Dickless is simply not smart enough to understand the situation. Perhaps the only thing he's mentally capable of comprehending are talking points, delivered in small doses. Maybe if we use smaller words, or pictographs?

Forum List

Back