Mitt Romney Promises 'Millions' Of Jobs -- But Offers No Data To Back It Up

HuffyPuffy...<yawn>

Where are all the jobs Barry promised in 2008?

Well, let's see. He's already surpassed Bush's job creation numbers; and it only took him 4 years, not the eight that Bush had. Oh, and he did it in the middle of the worst economy since the Great Depression.

Obama hasn't created a single job. In fact, he has destroyed 1 1/2 million jobs.

Well, let's see. He's already surpassed Bush's job creation numbers; and it only took him 4 years, not the eight that Bush had. Oh, and he did it in the middle of the worst economy since the Great Depression.

Obama is the biggest disaster since the FDR Depression

The Depression hit over 3 years before Roosevelt took office in 1933. It was started by Hoover, and cleaned up by Roosevelt. You really are a clueless dweeb.

All Roosevelt did was continue Hoover's policies. The Roosevelt administration even admits that. Those policies only made things worse. They turned a short recession into a 12 year depression.

Where'd you get the graph, the Obama campaign website? I see you're not counting all the jobs Obama lost in the first 18 months of his administration. fortunately the rest of us are able to do subtraction and arrive at the correct figure negative 1.5 million jobs.

Obama has created 4.5 million jobs and counting :up:

SHOW IT. Chapter and verse.

Stats don't agree with YOU.

You didn't know that? It's pretty much common knowledge,...

LeadershipPayrollJune.jpg

Where did Mit say you shouldn't get it?
Are you lying?

You really are clueless. How hard is it to google Romney child tax credit?

Romney, the Child-Tax Credit, and Social Conservatives | CatholicVote.org

Romney’s recent comments suggest that he not only opposes expanding the child-tax credit, as socially conservative policy wonks support, he wants to eliminate the credit altogether. (Romney’s tax plan does not mention the child-tax credit specifically). According to the Associated Press, Romney told a voter at a rally in Pennsylvania this week that ending the child-tax credit might be a good idea:

(Romney’s tax plan does not mention the child-tax credit specifically)

Thanks, that's just the proof I was looking for. LOL!

Romney's plan doesn't mention any deductions or credits he's planning on getting rid of. It only says he'll pay for his tax cuts to the wealthy by getting rid of deductions and credits. It's another plan to screw the poor and middle class, so Mittens can reduce his taxes more.

You really are clueless. How hard is it to google Romney child tax credit?

Romney, the Child-Tax Credit, and Social Conservatives | CatholicVote.org

(Romney’s tax plan does not mention the child-tax credit specifically)

Thanks, that's just the proof I was looking for. LOL!

Romney's plan doesn't mention any deductions or credits he's planning on getting rid of. It only says he'll pay for his tax cuts to the wealthy by getting rid of deductions and credits. It's another plan to screw the poor and middle class, so Mittens can reduce his taxes more.

Romney's plan doesn't mention any deductions or credits he's planning on getting rid of.

So you're guessing, I know.

Obama is the biggest disaster since the FDR Depression

The Depression hit over 3 years before Roosevelt took office in 1933. It was started by Hoover, and cleaned up by Roosevelt. You really are a clueless dweeb.

All Roosevelt did was continue Hoover's policies. The Roosevelt administration even admits that. Those policies only made things worse. They turned a short recession into a 12 year depression.

Total revisionist bullshit. It wasn't until Roosevelt made some bold moves to save banking and create jobs that the depression started to turn. You're quite an idiot. And it was 10 years, moron. Your claim that WWII brought us out of it has been proven to be crap.

Roosevelt was no economic genuis. He prolonged the Depression by policies similar to Obama. In a way,we have him to blame for Obama thinking it could possibly work.

Total revisionist bullshit. It wasn't until Roosevelt made some bold moves to save banking and create jobs that the depression started to turn. You're quite an idiot. And it was 10 years, moron. Your claim that WWII brought us out of it has been proven to be crap.

Wrong again, turd. Unemployment was already headed down when Hoover's policies to "fix" the economy kicked in. Also, I never claimed WW II ended the depression. All it did was send all the unemployed overseas. Ending FDRs programs after the war is what ended the Depression.

President Obama is seizing on a new think-tank study that says Romney's plan to cut tax rates for all brackets, lower the corporate rate, close loopholes and keep taxes low on investments, would require him to eliminate deductions and credits that benefit the lower- and middle-class, such as child credits and mortgage deductions.

The Romney campaign is not engaging on the same playing field. When asked Thursday in a conference call how much Rommey's plan might add to the deficit before the economic-growth it projected to create was factored in, along with closing loopholes and cutting spending, the campaign declined to provide specific numbers.

In a sense, the Romney campaign is handicapping itself, because Obama is now out on the campaign trail wielding specific numbers against Romney, whacking him over the head with lines like this: "The average middle-class family with children, according to this study, would be hit with a tax increase of more than $2,000."

"In order to afford just one $250,000 tax cut for somebody like Mr. Romney, 125 families like yours would have to pay another $2,000 in taxes each and every year," Obama told a crowd in Mansfield, Ohio, on Wednesday.

"Does that sound like a good plan for economic growth?" Obama asked the crowd, which screamed back, "No!"
Obama told us he would cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term and his stimulus package if passed would keep unemployment below 8% well the deficit has increased not been cut in half and unemployment is now at 8.3%.

President Obama is seizing on a new think-tank study that says Romney's plan to cut tax rates for all brackets, lower the corporate rate, close loopholes and keep taxes low on investments, would require him to eliminate deductions and credits that benefit the lower- and middle-class, such as child credits and mortgage deductions.

The Romney campaign is not engaging on the same playing field. When asked Thursday in a conference call how much Rommey's plan might add to the deficit before the economic-growth it projected to create was factored in, along with closing loopholes and cutting spending, the campaign declined to provide specific numbers.

In a sense, the Romney campaign is handicapping itself, because Obama is now out on the campaign trail wielding specific numbers against Romney, whacking him over the head with lines like this: "The average middle-class family with children, according to this study, would be hit with a tax increase of more than $2,000."

"In order to afford just one $250,000 tax cut for somebody like Mr. Romney, 125 families like yours would have to pay another $2,000 in taxes each and every year," Obama told a crowd in Mansfield, Ohio, on Wednesday.

"Does that sound like a good plan for economic growth?" Obama asked the crowd, which screamed back, "No!"
Obama told us he would cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term and his stimulus package if passed would keep unemployment below 8% well the deficit has increased not been cut in half and unemployment is now at 8.3%.

Yes, and if Obama was that wrong, what makes you think Romney can do any better, especially since I have yet to see one person say that anything he's recommending is a good idea that will work well.

Yes, and if Obama was that wrong, what makes you think Romney can do any better, especially since I have yet to see one person say that anything he's recommending is a good idea that will work well.

Yes, and if Obama was that wrong, what makes you think Romney can do any better

When you're as wrong as Obama, you don't get 4 more years to continue your failed ideas.

I have no idea idea if Romney can or will do any better but I know what Obama has done so for me the choice is do I take a chance with Romney or stick with Obama who's plan I know has not worked.

When you're as wrong as Obama, you don't get 4 more years to continue your failed ideas.
Reagan got a second chance. He started with unemployment in the 7's and ended his first term with it in the 7's.

I have no idea idea if Romney can or will do any better but I know what Obama has done so for me the choice is do I take a chance with Romney or stick with Obama who's plan I know has not worked.

The nearly 300 billion in stimulus tax cuts didn't work?

So you're on record as saying tax cuts don't work to simulate the economy?

Yet you think raising taxes on the poor will stimulate the economy?

Last edited:
One would think Romney would know better, after all 3 1/2 years ago the person in the WH said pretty much the same thing and look where we are ........8.3 percent and hovering. Time to give someone else and something else a chance.

Reagan got a second chance. He started with unemployment in the 7's and ended his first term with it in the 7's.

Reagan had great GDP growth before the election. 7.1% in Q2.
Unemployment had dropped 3% in the 18 months before the election.
Things were getting better.
With Obama, unemployment is 0.8% lower than 18 months ago and appears to be trending higher. GDP growth is slowing. 1.2% in Q2. Things are getting worse.

Other than that, Obama is exactly like Reagan. He'll probably win 49 states too. LOL!

So you're on record as saying tax cuts don't work to simulate the economy?

Yet you think raising taxes on the poor will stimulate the economy?

Yeah, tiny, temporary targeted cuts don't work.

Forum List

Back