MIT "Living Wage" calculator, how accurate for you area?

There will always be the ones doing the lower jobs. They are as important as the better jobs are.
Of course, what you do with your money, is up to you. But everyone must have enough of it.

Most here are just afraid if they raise minimum wage to reflect real inflation it will make their wages look a lot less impressive, and their 'skills' a lot less valuable in real life is all. It's the same mentality that had those whites in the textile factories and cotton mills fight to the death over union contracts that paid blacks the same as whites; their self-worth relied on the extra nickel an hour differential they made over blacks for the same job.

WTF does that have to do with needing two wage earners to make ends meet?

there is no free market, never was , never will be. It's just a fake scam peddled by ideologues. Employers have always colluded to fix wages in their industries and agree not to poach employees. Its the same now as it was in the 1800's. right-wingers snivel about labor unions but adore employer unions and monopolies rigging markets.

there is no free market, never was , never will be. It's just a fake scam peddled by ideologues. Employers have always colluded to fix wages in their industries and agree not to poach employees. Its the same now as it was in the 1800's. right-wingers snivel about labor unions but adore employer unions and monopolies rigging markets.

Unions are for the losers who cant make it on their own merits.

Stop repeating yourself.
It's a sign of low IQ....oh wait.

lol projection. We're sorry your pay was so low you feel threatened by minimum wages adjustments that would put you at the same pay as burger flippers for your 'expertise'. As for my IQ, it's obviously higher than yours; I know 'free markets' are a myth, and big business has always hated it and they do away with it as quickly as possible and form trusts with those competitors they can't ruin.

lol projection. We're sorry your pay was so low you feel threatened by minimum wages adjustments that would put you at the same pay as burger flippers for your 'expertise'. As for my IQ, it's obviously higher than yours; I know 'free markets' are a myth, and big business has always hated it and they do away with it as quickly as possible and form trusts with those competitors they can't ruin.

LOL...my pay was so low I was able to retire at 46.
It's tough out there I tells ya.... :auiqs.jpg:

A company that doesn´t want slaves but healthy and efficient employees that show up in time each morning pays even more.
Maybe you forgot what made the US so strong. It is the higher wages. People who earn more will spend more and thus make the economy grow.
Higher wages are a real win-win situation in general.
What you have in mind is a country like Colombia or even the Confederate States.

You aren't a bright guy.

Forum List

Back