Mississippi House passes 'Jesus Take the Wheel Act'

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
Mississippi lawmakers are once again tackling the big issues in the state. The highest poverty rate of any state in the country? Hahahaha ... no. The second-highest high school dropout rate in the country? No, no. The second-highest teen pregnancy rate in the country? Awww, hell no.
What is more pressing than extreme poverty? Well, the Mississippi House did pass a bill (HB 132), nicknamed the "Jesus Take the Wheel Act"

Mississippi House passes Jesus Take the Wheel Act

And Barker, the one that dubbed it that, a Republican, on twitter, voted against it. Both a Dem and Rep sponsored the bill. Here
is the voting record, for your perusal
http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/2015/pdf/votes/house/0310009.pdf

Mississippi lawmakers are once again tackling the big issues in the state. The highest poverty rate of any state in the country? Hahahaha ... no. The second-highest high school dropout rate in the country? No, no. The second-highest teen pregnancy rate in the country? Awww, hell no.
What is more pressing than extreme poverty? Well, the Mississippi House did pass a bill (HB 132), nicknamed the "Jesus Take the Wheel Act"

Mississippi House passes Jesus Take the Wheel Act

Scary

30 bible thumpers or small children and leave their safety to Jesus

Commercial drivers licenses don't mean anything anyway

Strange link .... but it's koz. I mean I live here and I'd have picked up the racist rant by the white goper about black kids in school .... but hey that's me.

I don't see how churches couldn't get the pastor or somebody fitted with the commercial license pretty easily, but more so, I'd think this will mess up their liability insurance rates. The only van my church ever had was just a Ford Econoline thing with 4 rows.

Actually, it's a black state, and has been almost exclusively dem through it's long history, up until the dems went underground and adopted Rs..in just the last couple of decades.

So the innate problems that define Miss come from Dem policies applied over 2 centuries.

Actually, it's a black state, and has been almost exclusively dem through it's long history, up until the dems went underground and adopted Rs..in just the last couple of decades.

So the innate problems that define Miss come from Dem policies applied over 2 centuries.
Delete Dem and insert conservative and you have it straight

the state of Mississippi

The state repealed its ban on interracial marriage (also known as miscegenation) in 1987 (which the U.S. Supreme Court had ruled unconstitutional in 1967). It repealed the segregationist-era poll tax in 1989. In 1995, it symbolically ratified the Thirteenth Amendment, which had abolished slavery in 1865. Though ratified in 1995, the state never officially notified the U.S. archivist, which kept the ratification unofficial until 2013, when Ken Sullivan contacted the office of Secretary of State of Mississippi, Delbert Hosemann, who agreed to file the paperwork and make it official. In 2009, the legislature passed a bill to repeal other discriminatory civil rights laws, which had been enacted in 1964 but ruled unconstitutional in 1967 by federal courts.

Mississippi Racial Breakdown of Population
]Racial composition
1990 2000 2010
White 63.5% 61.4% 59.1%
Black 35.6% 36.3% 37.0%
Asian 0.5% 0.7% 0.9%
Native 0.3% 0.4% 0.5%
Native Hawaiian and
other Pacific Islander - - -
Other race 0.1% 0.5% 1.3%
Two or more races - 0.7% 1.2%

So you agree that Mississippi became less backward when the Republicans started to have more control.

Well yeah.

So you agree that Mississippi became less backward when the Republicans started to have more control.

Well yeah.
Conservatives still control the state

They became less backward when the federal government forced them to be so

yep until 92 then the repub bible thumping turds took over

And they pushed this:

" Though ratified in 1995, the state never officially notified the U.S. archivist, which kept the ratification unofficial until 2013, when Ken Sullivan contacted the office of Secretary of State of Mississippi, Delbert Hosemann, who agreed to file the paperwork and make it official."

Moron. If you meant to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the problems of Mississippi are Dem in origin, you've done a bang-up job! Stellar!

Forum List

Back