Mission Accomplished: Islamists 70 Miles from Baghdad

Why tell them since the current occupant of the White House is the one who is all rah rah Arab Spring? :lol:

Only an idiot would think that any Arab unrest isn't Islamist and/or militant.
Do you think it's possible to be a militant for democracy?

Sure it is possible but the only democracy in the ME is one power hungry group of extremist wanting to off another power hungry group of extremist. In this case, these people include the same people that Obama wanted to bomb Syria to help out. There is a reason that Syria's government is iron-fisted. This is what happens when they aren't.
Do you know any Muslims?

"A court in Egypt has sentenced one of the country's most prominent pro-democracy activists, Alaa Abdul Fattah, to 15 years in jail for illegal protest and attacking a police officer.

"Mr Abdul Fattah's family said the verdict was issued in absentia as he was refused entry into the court.

"Mr Abdul Fattah played a key role in the 2011 revolt against Hosni Mubarak."

BBC News - Egypt activist Alaa Abdul Fattah jailed for 15 years

Saddam was an enemy of al Qaeda. You know, as in Bin Laden al Qaeda? Good thing Republicans removed Saddam and let Bin Laden go. They knew what they were doing.

Wait I thought Obama killed bin Laden, did a victory lap and has AQ on the run.
Look up. His post is above your head.

But but but AQ is dead and Detroit is alive!!

Obama busted a cap in bin Laden...wtf

Congrats to Iraqis taking back their country from US backed puppets.

You mean, you're congratulating the Al-Qaeda affiliates who are taking over several country in the Middle East to form a Caliphate that will make Hitler's War against the World look like drill practice?

I'd think again, DiabloBlanco. You ought to see the map al-Qaeda affiliates Obama has been boosting around the middle east taking shape. It's a horrifying picture of future mass genocides.

Please take off the blinders.

Obama has single-handedly trashed the U.S. Military, taken out every leader in Muslim countries unwilling to murder their way to success, and put taxpayer dollars in the pockets of al-Qaeda sympathizing army affiliates who are of one goal with those who took out the World Trade Center: to destroy America, and to destroy the nation of Israel.

I'm worried what fiat Obama will use next to continue to decimate the US Representative Congress elected by the American people. He's rotten to the core with hatred for America. He's convinced blacks we're somehow holding them back. We're not. We're trying to get them to make something of themselves. He's trying to enslave us to earn a living for each and every black person in the nation. Slavery didn't work the last time. It's not going to work this time, either, with the shoe on the other foot.

Shove it up your hypocritical, bloviated fat ass, you American hating piece of liberal ignorant shit.
Edited for brevity.

Okay, so am I supposed to agree with Bill Clinton or Madeleine Albright because Bush lied to the world to invade Iraq? I must automatically be a Democrat if I'm not a warmongering, pro-life, fiscally Conservative American Republican Teabagger, right?

Why do you people insist on being so dense? It doesn't help society at all.

It's really simple. Bush began setting the stage to invade Iraq in 2001.
THE IRAQ WAR -- PART I:*The U.S. Prepares for Conflict, 2001
http://www2.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB326/IraqWarPart1-Timeline.pdf

Bush used fake intelligence to try to convince the UN to back the invasion of Iraq. The UN declined so Bush formed his "Coalition of the Willing" boy-band army and invaded Iraq over lies.
THE IRAQ WAR -- PART II: Was There Even a Decision?

From 2003 to 2008, two years longer than WWII lasted, our forces fought Bush's failed, illegal war in Iraq which made terrorism stronger throughout the region.
THE IRAQ WAR -- PART III: Shaping the Debate

George W. Bush should die in prison for what he has done.

Bush won the war and Obama lost the peace.
There was no al-Qaeda in Iraq when Bush launched the war, but there is now.
How is that winning?

ISIS is the terror group now in iraq. Even al queda is disavowing them.

“Clearly, Zawahiri believes that ISIS is a liability to the al-Qaeda brand,” said Aaron Zelin, who tracks jihadist movements at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy. “They are not playing nice with other groups and they are acting as a sovereign state, aggravating other rebels and hurting the effort against the regime.”

The group’s brutal tactics, including beheadings, floggings and bans on smoking, music and other perceived un-Islamic behaviors, have incurred the wrath of many ordinary Syrians, culminating a month ago in a widespread revolt against ISIS across northern Syria in which the al-Qaeda-affiliated Jabhat al-Nusra has fought ISIS alongside more moderate rebels.

Al-Qaeda disavows any ties with radical Islamist ISIS group in Syria, Iraq - The Washington Post

1, Bush said "Mission Accomplished" - Did Obama ever say AQ is dead?

2. Bush nearly killed Detroit, but it's slowing coming back to life.

3. Yes, Obama ordered a successful hit on Osama.

4. Your point...?

What is happening across the Middle East was predictable and in fact many people did predicate it would happen when we started pulling out across the region. The simple truth is foreign policy was never a major concern of President Obama I think the administrations reaction to events across the Middle East and the rest of the world confirms this if the President does not want to be involved in foreign policy issues fine but just come out and say I don't give a shit what is happening in the rest of the world. I would have more respect for him if did that than continue this were deeply concerned and disturbed by this and were watching the situation closely and there will be serious consequences if this behavior continues which everyone knows there won't be.
Actually, a lot of us predicted this when the invasion was launched in 2003.
How long would you have had us stay in Iraq and across the region?

Can't say for sure my feeling is if you want a realistic chance to create some kind of stable reasonably democratic government in Iraq or Afghanistan you would have to work out a deal to keep some type of force in both much like we have in South Korea. We however will never commit to something like that so in all likely hood the Taliban takes back over all or most of Afghanistan again and sooner or a later another dictator takes control in Iraq.
It looks like Iraq is destined for a split-up

AB15CCD5-6983-41D2-93F0-5F8C355F3C9F_mw1024_s_n.gif

"It is an indictment of Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki and of the Shiite political elite that took over Iraq from 2005, and which has never been interested in reconciliation with the Sunni Arabs.

"It is not merely a sectarian issue.

"The particular Shiite parties that have consistently won elections are those of the religious right among Shiites.

"Before the CIA cooperated with the Baath Party to destroy the Iraqi Left, many Shiites were secular and the Iraqi Communist Party united them with many of the country’s Jews back in the 1950s.

"The Shiite religious parties dream of a Shiite state. Many want to implement a fundamentalist vision of Islamic law.

"There is little place for Sunni Kurds or Sunni Arabs in such a state.

"Al-Maliki himself seems to have a problem with the Sunnis, and his inability to integrate them into his government means that he is losing them to Sunni radicals."

Juan Cole: The Fall of Mosul and the False Promises of Modern History - Juan Cole - Truthdig

4. Your point...?

“The war in Afghanistan is winding down. Al Qaeda has been decimated,” Obama said during a campaign rally in Green Bay, Wisconsin November 1, 2012. “Osama bin Laden is dead. So we’ve made real progress these past four years.”

Obama's too weak and stupid to accomplish anything in 6 years

Are you saying Obama didn't have things under control when American troops were ordered out of Iraq per Bush's Status of Forces agreement signed by President George W. Bush in December 2008?

LOL

OBbama was totally powerless to change anything Bush did

LOL

Obama doesn't even follow his own laws, but he followed Booooooooooooosh

You Fluffers are hilarious

"The attackers overran a military base, freed hundreds of prisoners, and have seized the Turkish consulate in Mosul, capturing and holding 50 Turkish citizens.

The Turks were able to destroy classified documents and destroy a computer just in time. They are seriously screwing up by messing with Turkey.

4. Your point...?

Yes, Obama said AQ was on the run. What he didn't saw was that they were overrunning all the gains made by US troops

4. Your point...?

“The war in Afghanistan is winding down. Al Qaeda has been decimated,” Obama said during a campaign rally in Green Bay, Wisconsin November 1, 2012. “Osama bin Laden is dead. So we’ve made real progress these past four years.”

dec·i·mate verb \ˈde-sə-ˌmāt\

: to destroy a large number of (plants, animals, people, etc.)

: to severely damage or destroy a large part of (something)

Decimate - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

4. Your point...?

dec·i·mate verb \ˈde-sə-ˌmāt\

: to destroy a large number of (plants, animals, people, etc.)

: to severely damage or destroy a large part of (something)

Decimate - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

I know what decimate means. I also know that your inference of mission accomplished to mean dead is false also.

There was no al-Qaeda in Iraq when Bush launched the war, but there is now.
How is that winning?

ISIS is the terror group now in iraq. Even al queda is disavowing them.

“Clearly, Zawahiri believes that ISIS is a liability to the al-Qaeda brand,” said Aaron Zelin, who tracks jihadist movements at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy. “They are not playing nice with other groups and they are acting as a sovereign state, aggravating other rebels and hurting the effort against the regime.”

The group’s brutal tactics, including beheadings, floggings and bans on smoking, music and other perceived un-Islamic behaviors, have incurred the wrath of many ordinary Syrians, culminating a month ago in a widespread revolt against ISIS across northern Syria in which the al-Qaeda-affiliated Jabhat al-Nusra has fought ISIS alongside more moderate rebels.

Al-Qaeda disavows any ties with radical Islamist ISIS group in Syria, Iraq - The Washington Post
You're right about the brutality of ISIL, and based on what they've shown in Syria, they are much better at fighting than at governing. I heard one number twice today that seems incredible: 30,000 Iraqi troops ran from 800 insurgents, leaving much of their heavy weapons and armor behind. Radical Sunni Islam controls hundreds of square miles today that they didn't a decade ago; I wonder what the next ten years will bring in the New Middle East?

Ankara vows to retaliate if hostages in Iraq harmed | News , Middle East | THE DAILY STAR

ISTANBUL/ANKARA/UNITED NATIONS: Turkey pledged Wednesday to retaliate if its 80 citizens kidnapped by jihadists in northern Iraq are harmed.

“All those involved should know that if our citizens are harmed in any way, they will be the subject of harsh reprisals,” Turkish media quoted Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu as saying at the U.N. in New York.

Militants from the Islamic State of Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS) are holding 80 Turkish citizens seized in two separate incidents in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul, Turkey’s Foreign Ministry said.

The ministry said 49 of its citizens had been seized at its consulate and transferred to another part of the city, while 31 others – truck drivers who were abducted Tuesday – were being held hostage at a power station in Mosul.

ISIS militants stormed the Turkish consulate in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul Wednesday, a Turkish government official said, kidnapping 49, including the consul general and three children.

If they don't give back the Turkish Hostages, Turkey will go into Iraq and will not care about rules. The Turks have a history of being brutal on the battlefield, and these groups will understand this if they don't give these people back.

Turks will go in without ROE's..............

Problem is Bush won the war before it even started, and Obama got the peace prize before was even took office, just for promising things like to meet with Leaders of Iran and Syria.

I wonder what the over/under of us striking deals with aq is now since there is an even more sinister terror group in iraq. Heck, we just negotiated with the taliban last week.

Last edited:
D. CHENEY: No. I think we may well have some kind of presence there over a period of time. But I think the level of activity that we see today, from a military standpoint, I think will clearly decline. I think they're in the last throes, if you will, of the insurgency.

More: Cheney's "Last Throes" in Iraq | The Nation

Bush and Cheney were both full of shit - and lies. Mission Accomplished, Last Throes, Greeted as Liberators...

Saddam was an enemy of al Qaeda. You know, as in Bin Laden al Qaeda? Good thing Republicans removed Saddam and let Bin Laden go. They knew what they were doing.

He did have Bin Laden killed and has wiped out many al Qaeda. Any militant group in the Middle East with a few guns call themselves al Qaeda. If you weren't brain damaged, you would know these truths.

Forum List

Back