Minnesota cafe add minimum wage surcharge

Since minimum wage affects such a small portion of the population, the increases will be miniscule. 35 cents. He could have added 5 cents to each item on the menu and nobody would have batted an eye, but he wants to make a statement. Do you really think that our lowest paid workers don't deserve a raise? That they should lose income every year as inflation takes away more and more of their spending power?

Minimum wage jobs aren't meant to be lived on, unless you work multiple jobs. If you want to make something of yourself, you should save the money you earn and apply it towards getting a better job. I don't know if they deserve a raise, but for darned sure they don't deserve to be making more than caregivers and CNAs.

Maybe there should be more of an incentive on both the Right and Left to lower inflation and stop digging ourselves deeper in debt. Minimum wage doesn't affect a small portion of the population, either, because there are many people earning minimum wage, and many other people that are affected by those who earn minimum wage.

I think more statements like this should be made. No one is entitled to a raise, let alone a job. With respect, I think people on the Left should be more open-minded about the consequences of continuously raising minimum wage. With minimum wage increasing, other costs increase as well to keep business owners from losing profit or going bankrupt. It's economics.

Gee, it's funny, minimum wage has lost spending power and has not been raised, yet we have inflation and you expect those minimum wage workers to live on less and less every year.

It is not that the minimum wage has lost spending power, it is the dollar has lost it's buying power. It is not just those minimum wage workers to live on less and less every year, it is all Americans that have to live with the effects of a devalued dollar.

If you read the link you will see that they are actually getting more business than usual. I guess everyone isn't a self righteous asshole, which gives me hope for the future.

Or maybe people are supporting a higher wage for the workers and are willing to pay for it. Couldn't that also be the case?
Excuse me, of font of all idiocy, but the entire fucking state is paying its workers more. Why would anyone think that one business is more deserving of extra business for complying with the law than any other?

The fucking truth is that you are a sad, pathetic, excuse for a human being. If you weren't you wouldn't think of such stupid explanations of why a restaurant was getting more business than its competitors for adding a minimum wage surcharge.

Want to try another pathetic explanation for something you do not grasp?

Lol your pathetic attempt at insulting is commendable but it didn't work.

So please oh wise one tell me why everyone hates the idea of raising the minimum wage, which polls at a 70% approval rating.

As a side note.
Stillwater is an upscale very scenic tourist town with many very cool shops.
The Oasis Cafe is a family style restaurant. 50 customer revues gave it 2.2 stars out of a possible 5 stars. The Oasis Cafe is at an ideal location with a ton of foot traffic. It should be making a ton of money.
I go to Stillwater often, it's a very hopping town year around with lots of tourist. I'm damn sure the owner isn't starving.

SO you know the owner then?

I'm damn sure, you don't know a damn thing about the owner.

Well, one thing for sure, I know much, much more than you do about Stillwater, the business environment in Stillwater and I know the restaurant.
I have been to Stillwater 100's of times. I have friends who live there, I have clients who's business is in Stillwater. I have eaten at the Oasis probably a couple of dozen times.
If this place isn't making money, considering his location and the foot traffic in the area his of his business, he'd then be an idiot.

Apparently you never went to college. Posting a link does not constitute proof. When you offer proof you lay out all the arguments in favor, and against, your position and then prove that you are right by using logic. If you cannot do that because of mental deficiencies, you should at least provide multiple sources from actual scholars to back up your position.

The simple fact is that you cannot actually prove that a minimum wage increase does not cause inflation. If it make you fell better, the obverse is also impossible to prove. The reason for that is that economics is complicated, and anyone that thinks they have simple answers to any question is always going to be wrong. The sooner you learn that, the sooner you will stop posting idiotic absolutes.

Does Raising the Minimum Wage Cause Inflation? (with picture)

http://fredarnold.hubpages.com/hub/would-increasing-minimum-wage-cause-inflation

Last edited:
Or maybe people are supporting a higher wage for the workers and are willing to pay for it. Couldn't that also be the case?
Excuse me, of font of all idiocy, but the entire fucking state is paying its workers more. Why would anyone think that one business is more deserving of extra business for complying with the law than any other?

The fucking truth is that you are a sad, pathetic, excuse for a human being. If you weren't you wouldn't think of such stupid explanations of why a restaurant was getting more business than its competitors for adding a minimum wage surcharge.

So please oh wise one tell me why everyone hates the idea of raising the minimum wage, which polls at a 70% approval rating.

What the fuck does that have to do with your attempt to explain away the increased business of this restaurant, oh font of changing the subject?

Apparently you never went to college. Posting a link does not constitute proof. When you offer proof you lay out all the arguments in favor, and against, your position and then prove that you are right by using logic. If you cannot do that because of mental deficiencies, you should at least provide multiple sources from actual scholars to back up your position.

The simple fact is that you cannot actually prove that a minimum wage increase does not cause inflation. If it make you fell better, the obverse is also impossible to prove. The reason for that is that economics is complicated, and anyone that thinks they have simple answers to any question is always going to be wrong. The sooner you learn that, the sooner you will stop posting idiotic absolutes.

Increasing Minimum Wage: An Analysis of Inflation

This ain't college, chief. This is a message board. You get what you get. The link I provided does a nice job of making the case.

You suck and you are wrong on this one.

What is simple is running around saying that raising the minimum wage results in drastic price increases.

Raise the minimum wage all you want. It won't matter. This country is flooded with low and no skilled illegals who don't speak English. They will work for anything they can get. I live in a border state. I see it every day.

While you lounge chair bleeding heart liberals wail and gnash your teeth over a few cents added to minimum wage FOR AMERICANS, the low end jobs go to illegals working off the books.

And it's about to get much worse. The boy king has sent a message loud and clear that if you can get here, you can stay. He's making sure one party rule is only half a generation away.

So go ahead. Raise the minimum wage all you want. You'll help hire an illegal. Half a generation from now, you'll get your worst nightmare.

illegalimmigrationimage.jpg

Raise the minimum wage all you want. It won't matter. This country is flooded with low and no skilled illegals who don't speak English. They will work for anything they can get. I live in a border state. I see it every day.

While you lounge chair bleeding heart liberals wail and gnash your teeth over a few cents added to minimum wage FOR AMERICANS, the low end jobs go to illegals working off the books.

And it's about to get much worse. The boy king has sent a message loud and clear that if you can get here, you can stay. He's making sure one party rule is only half a generation away.

So go ahead. Raise the minimum wage all you want. You'll help hire an illegal. Half a generation from now, you'll get your worst nightmare.

Liberals want those who hire illegal immigrants to be severely fined and/or jailed. Do you?

Increasing Minimum Wage: An Analysis of Inflation

This ain't college, chief. This is a message board. You get what you get. The link I provided does a nice job of making the case.

You suck and you are wrong on this one.

What is simple is running around saying that raising the minimum wage results in drastic price increases.

In other words, all you have is a mistaken belief in fantasy sites that tell you what you want to hear.

On the other hand, I stick with facts, and the fact is that neither side can prove they are right because the math doesn't exist to accurately define all the factors that cause inflation. That position actually makes me right, despite your assertion of expert knowledge in a filed no one understands.

By the way, did you notice I didn't claim that minimum wage results in drastic price increases?

Last edited:

Liberals want those who hire illegal immigrants to be severely fined and/or jailed. Do you?

They do? Since when? If they want that so bad why do they keep blocking E-Verify?

While I am totally in favor of minimum wage being a living wage, I'm also in favor of protecting our borders. ALL illegals should be sent home.

What the fuck does that have to do with your attempt to explain away the increased business of this restaurant, oh font of changing the subject?

No, you just want to believe that everyone supporting this restaurant think the exact way you do.

However, I brought up a different point of view.

So here is a different way to look at it. A person hears about this minimum wage surcharge and thinks "I support the minimum wage hike and it's obvious that the business owner doesn't support it. I will visit this business and show with my wallet that I don't care about the additional charge and because I am willing to pay more, I will go to support this initiative and hopefully convince the owner that paying workers a decent wage is important to the success of our economy."

Couldn't a person think that and support that business with that thought process?

Wages are a cost of doing business. This company is just doing the same thing the big corp's have been doing all along.

182956_10151464671115679_1090799790_n__1__zps470d306d.png

Hmmm ....

How much would it cost if they closed?

I'm not certain you meant to imply this, but are you saying:

"Walmart is too big to Fail?"

like the banks, and has to have its own kind of government assistance?

I don't wish to speak for someone, but I believe he is asking how much would it cost taxpayers if wal-marts closed down? How much would taxpayers be paying workers who would then be unemployed?

Hmmm ....

I don't wish to speak for someone, but I believe he is asking how much would it cost taxpayers if wal-marts closed down? How much would taxpayers be paying workers who would then be unemployed?

They would just go to work for the retailer who takes their place. Perhaps they'll pay their staff enough that they don't need to apply for food stamps.

Hmmm ....

But was that not the whole reason the government funded the banks the way they did with the bail out? They implied that it would have cost American citizens even MORE if we allowed them to go under and fail?

Forum List

Back