Millionaires ask Congress to raise their taxes

Yet, they may be millionaires, but they likely dont make a million a year.

If you read the article they all make over a million a year.

OK...I read the article...

Here is the exerpt I found that denies what you said.
Did I miss something?

Five different members declined to say what their annual income is, only acknowledging that they could be called millionaires.

Massachusetts millionaire Farhad Ebrahimi, a 33-year-old philanthropist who inherited his money from his software entrepreneur father, said he also supports the so-called "Buffett rule" that would require millionaires to pay a higher percentage of their income in federal taxes than those who make less than a million a year

so they are millionaires...but where does it say they earn over a million a year?

One of them actually admits he inherited his money.

And please note...they are pushing for the tax to be n those that earn OVER A MILLION A YEAR IN SALARIED INCOME.

To me a millionaire is one whose net worth is over a million dollars. Because we all know one can earn a million a year and still not be worth a million.

If they want to pay more taxes they can. Write the check, the Treasury will gladly cash it. Walk the walk or STFU.

Just so long as you don't have to pay any more, right? This is the stupidest argument I have ever heard, yet so many of you keep repeating it. Here is a much better argument. We are taking in less revenue than anytime in the last 60 years as a percentage of GDP. The biggest reason for this is that tax rates are at the lowest levels in the past 60 years. Suprise!!! Duh!!!

There is no argument, at this point, that legitimately can argue against raising taxes. We need to raise taxes on the super wealthy. We also need to raise taxes on everyone else, but not by quite as much. The kicker to it all though is that we need to make Congress accountable as to how they spend our money. All we ever do is complain about how they waste it, so we come up with the argument that we just shouldn't give it to them in the first place. Well, there is a problem with that as it just doesn't work out all too well. What we need are reasonable tax rates that allow our government to function properly and for everyone, while not wasting away the money, we as taxpayers, send to Washington. We can do this by electing responsible people to represent us, and by throwing them out when they don't.

To me a millionaire is one whose net worth is over a million dollars. Because we all know one can earn a million a year and still not be worth a million.

and one can be a millionaire and not earn a penny.

That is why I am looking at this and questioning a few things..

First....why are they not asking for those with a net worth of ovver a million dollars to receive the increase in tax.

Second...I understand they refuse to give out their annual income...but why wont they confirmt they earn at least a million a year....instead they say they are millionaires...

Third....I can not see any adjunct professor making a salary of over 1 million a year

Fourth...other than the professor, none of the others say what they do NOW to earn an income.

To me....this is another Buffet spin...and Chris is one of the dolts that fell for it.

mil·lion·aire   /ˌmɪlyəˈnɛər/ Show Spelled[mil-yuh-nair] Show IPA
noun
1. a person whose wealth amounts to a million or more in some unit of currency, as dollars.
2. any very rich person.

Millionaire | Define Millionaire at Dictionary.com

These guys are full of shit. They are millionaires....but they dont make a million a year.

They are lobbying for OTHER people to get a higher tax.

Yet, they may be millionaires, but they likely dont make a million a year.

If you read the article they all make over a million a year.

Sadly...you DID read the article and yet NOWHERE does it say they made a million a year.

See how easy it is to be fooled by the power of suggestion?

Read it again. They not only do NOT claim to make a million a year....but they ALSO calim that they COULD be considered millionaires.

And one of them admits he is a millionaire due to an inheritance.

SO guess what.....you READ the article and yet you DIDN'T comprehend what was said in it.

Why is that?

First....why are they not asking for those with a net worth of ovver a million dollars to receive the increase in tax.

Second...I understand they refuse to give out their annual income...but why wont they confirmt they earn at least a million a year....instead they say they are millionaires...

Third....I can not see any adjunct professor making a salary of over 1 million a year

Fourth...other than the professor, none of the others say what they do NOW to earn an income.

To me....this is another Buffet spin...and Chris is one of the dolts that fell for it.

Let me give you an example of why all this shit pisses me off so much. I know this person who is worth well over $1 million. How this person got the money doesn't matter. Now despite having all this money, this person works at a job that pays about $14 per hour. This person has two girls in college, and they both are receiving all kinds of government financial aid. And the reason they are basically going to college for free? Because their parent doesn't make enough money and is considered poor. What makes this even better is the fact that this individual constantly bitches about welfare recipients taking advantage of taxpayers.

Let me give you an example of why all this shit pisses me off so much. I know this person who is worth well over $1 million. How this person got the money doesn't matter. Now despite having all this money, this person works at a job that pays about $14 per hour. This person has two girls in college, and they both are receiving all kinds of government financial aid. And the reason they are basically going to college for free? Because their parent doesn't make enough money and is considered poor. What makes this even better is the fact that this individual constantly bitches about welfare recipients taking advantage of taxpayers.

I can see that pissing you off, but she is doing nothing wrong. First of all, s/he is working even though s/he really doesnt have to. I give her/him credit for that alone. Secondly, the system allows her/him to do what s/he is doing. Is it ethical? That is in the eyes of the beholder. But let me ask you this.....wouldnt s/he be foolish NOT to accept the money offered for her/his daughters education? Especially seeing that there are others in the exact same situation doing the exact same thing?
However, the fact that s/he bitches about others taking advantage of the system makes him/her a hypocrite.

Being a millionaire by my understanding has absolutely nothing to do with income and everything to do with net worth.

Well that's the million dollar question isn't it? One group wants to punish those EARNING over a million a year, and another wants to punish those who have SAVED a million dollars. Who are we to hate?

And as I mentioned on another thread, whenever they talk about those "greedy evil millionaires" they then start talking about redistributing wealth from those who earn over $250K. In NJ, the "millionaire tax" was $400K.

Liberal math confuses me.

I don't want anyones taxes to go up. The government has a long track record of over spending no matter how much tax revenue they take in.

WASHINGTON (CNNMoney) -- A group of two dozen millionaires stormed Capitol Hill on Wednesday, demanding lawmakers raise their taxes.

"We want to pay more taxes," said California millionaire Doug Edwards, a former marketing director for Google (GOOG, Fortune 500). "If you're fortunate, and you make more than a million dollars a year, you ought to pay more taxes."

They planned to push lawmakers to reject any deal that the so-called super committee delivers that doesn't raise taxes on millionaires. The 12-lawmaker panel has until next Wednesday to agree on $1.2 trillion in savings over the next 10 years or risk automatic spending cuts.

"If the super committee bill doesn't raise our taxes, we will ask our fellow citizens to consider killing the bill," said Eric Schoenberg of Franklin Lakes, N.J., an adjunct professor of marketing at Columbia Business School.

They planned to take their message to members of the super committee, Tea Party Republicans including Rep. Louie Gohmert of Texas and Rep. Tom Price of Georgia, and even anti-tax champion Grover Norquist.

Millionaires ask Congress to raise their taxes - Nov. 16, 2011
They don't have to have their taxes raised......They can simply send in more then they owe.

Fuckin' dumbasses.

Well that's the million dollar question isn't it? One group wants to punish those EARNING over a million a year, and another wants to punish those who have SAVED a million dollars. Who are we to hate?

And as I mentioned on another thread, whenever they talk about those "greedy evil millionaires" they then start talking about redistributing wealth from those who earn over $250K. In NJ, the "millionaire tax" was $400K.

Liberal math confuses me.
It confuses liberals even more.:cool:

Notice the confused look on the face :)confused:) of our Ineptness In Chief, every time he cackles on about economics.

Last edited:
If they want to pay more taxes they can. Write the check, the Treasury will gladly cash it. Walk the walk or STFU.

Just so long as you don't have to pay any more, right? This is the stupidest argument I have ever heard, yet so many of you keep repeating it. Here is a much better argument. We are taking in less revenue than anytime in the last 60 years as a percentage of GDP. The biggest reason for this is that tax rates are at the lowest levels in the past 60 years. Suprise!!! Duh!!!

There is no argument, at this point, that legitimately can argue against raising taxes. We need to raise taxes on the super wealthy. We also need to raise taxes on everyone else, but not by quite as much. The kicker to it all though is that we need to make Congress accountable as to how they spend our money. All we ever do is complain about how they waste it, so we come up with the argument that we just shouldn't give it to them in the first place. Well, there is a problem with that as it just doesn't work out all too well. What we need are reasonable tax rates that allow our government to function properly and for everyone, while not wasting away the money, we as taxpayers, send to Washington. We can do this by electing responsible people to represent us, and by throwing them out when they don't.

I pay enough, thanks. But if these "millionaires" want to pay higher taxes, there is NOTHING stopping them. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

PS-we have a spending problem, not a revenue problem. The government spends more than they take in. Raising taxes will not solve the underlying issue.

Your source, CBPP, is a commie propaganda organ.

Blog_Tax_Rates_Rich.jpg

They don't have to have their taxes raised......They can simply send in more then they owe.

Fuckin' dumbasses.

....."they stormed the hill". Lol!!!. They just couldn't wait to give up more of their money. What a load.

....."they stormed the hill". Lol!!!. They just couldn't wait to give up more of their money. What a load.

and not one of them left a check......:clap2:

The Daily Caller attended their press conference with an iPad, which displayed the Treasury Department’s donation page, to find out if any of the “patriotic millionaires” were willing to put their money where their mouth is.

Watch:

Read more: Patriotic Millionaires | Higher Taxes | Treasury Department Donation | The Daily Caller

Mark Levin

Last edited:
One of the millionaires stated something along the lines of ...'I'll pay my fair share, along with the middle class...' (words not verbatim)
I'm STUNNED I tell ya'!

Forum List

Back